Following the UnCut Word Of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But he never taught Christians were required to do this in order to be saved.

Paul was trying to reach the Jews and went where they were which was to the temple on Saturday.... this doers not mean Christians go to hell if they don't observe Saturday sabbath.

Jesus Christ IS our rest, our "sabbath" if we abide IN CHRIST.... this is why 9 of the 10 commandments are in the New Testament as commandments... but keeping the sabbath is not.
In (Matthew 5:18), Jesus Himself states For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Now you will find in a concordance that jot and tittle mean letter. Here Jesus clearly states that not one letter of the law will be changed as long as heaven and earth exist. We know that the law came from the Old Testament so based solely on (Matthew 5:18), it nor the Old Testament can not be done away with. There is clearly a discrepancy between what is being taught and what the scriptures say. The fact, that Jesus came to fulfill is known, because that is what is stated in (Matthew 5:17). But one needs to find out what He was to fulfill, since that is the condition put forth in (Matthew 5:18), when He said no letter would pass from the law until all is fulfilled. You will see the information needed to answer this will be found in the Old Testament. This itself serves as further proof as to how erroneous the position of doing away with the Old Testament is.

Some people are taught not to think when reading the Bible, because there no way when you look at these verses you should think Jesus fulfill 100 %. Jesus says Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Let's go back to grade school and ask a question or two. Is heaven and earth still here? Answer yes! Then all is not fulfill and the royal laws (Commandments) still good. Let's go and take a look at the reason why you don't understand whats going here. Jesus says in (Luke 24:) 25 Then he said unto them, O fool, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 44 And He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Now the prophets had spoke of many things that Jesus was to do when He came. Jesus makes it clear that all things written about Him in the Old Testament must be fulfilled. Knowing that all things must be fulfilled by Jesus, as long as heaven and earth is still here, tells us that the law (Commandments) are still here as well and must be kept. We have to understand that all things are not fulfilled because Jesus ministry was cut off, which will continue at his second coming.

A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question, which all of us will do well to take heed to. Anybody can claim to have faith, but actions speak louder than words. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12)

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you are trying to get me to go back and live under the law... er, no thanks!

Jesus fulfilled the OT law and it was done away with because new we have the Law of Christ... aka the perfect law of liberty.

Sure many of the items in the OT law passed thru and are in effect under the Law of Christ, but none the less we are not under the OT law anymore at all in the New Covenant.

The major change is the have the in dwelling Holy Spirit and we now live from the indie out... rather than from the outside in

Reactions: knothead

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, if you are trying to get me to go back and live under the law... er, no thanks!

Jesus fulfilled the OT law and it was done away with because new we have the Law of Christ... aka the perfect law of liberty.
Again Jesus says in Matthew 5: 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. So Again, All is not fulfil. Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Sure many of the items in the OT law passed thru and are in effect under the Law of Christ, but none the less we are not under the OT law anymore at all in the New Covenant.

The major change is the have the in dwelling Holy Spirit and we now live from the indie out... rather than from the outside in
Do women still come on there minstrel cycle? Can't lay with a woman in those condition she is unclean. The Bible says in Leviticus 18: 22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. There is more, but the point is you need to understand this word of God and what is and what's not.

Many fail to understand that the `New Covenant' includes a better way to implement the same set of laws that were given on Mt. Sinai, the Ten Commandments: In the BIble it says in (Jer.31:31-33) (v.31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

(v.32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

(v.33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Notice that the law was not prophesied to be done away, but rather to be “put into our hearts and minds.”

In, (Is. 42:21) we find another prophecy concerning Christ and the law. It reads, (v.21) The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he (Jesus) will magnify the law, and make it honourable. When you magnify something you enlarge it and bring it out more of its detail and richness. Jesus revealed the fulfillment of this prophecy when he explained, (Mat.5:27-28) (v.27) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: (v.28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart

By magnifying the law and making it honorable, the spiritual intent of the law is now emphasized which goes far beyond the mere the physical intent. God has raised His standards, not lowered them! All God ever wanted was what was best for us! He designed us to be His children. We are happiest when we love and obey Him. He is a God who is totally righteous and holy. God cannot sin. And He wants us to follow in His footsteps. The person that says, (1 John:2:6) “that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.”

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feel free to keep saturday sabbath and kill animals to cover your sin... I'll pass on all that.

God's Word clearly teaches that the old covenant has been done away with and the new covenant is not in effect.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath.

Jesus healed on Shabbat to show that God is higher then the law and commandments, that are given to MAN.

So, does God need them?
There is no Moses Law, or Commandments, in Heaven.
This is all for MAN, = fallen... sinful, human beings. = down here.

So, because Jesus was man, (2nd Adam).... He kept the law,... yet, Healed on Shabbat, because He is Lord of the Sabbath.

See, Jesus is a diving being, virgin born.

He is one of the.... = "Let US....make man ... in OUR image"..... Pre-incarnate.

See those 2? One of them is this one.... John 1:10

Check out that verse, ... Reader.

So, Jesus was (Jewish water baptized} to fulfill the Jewish law ..., and then later Jesus walked on Water to show us that God has come DOWN to mankind.

This is why Jesus told us..

"I am from ABOVE....and you are from below"...

See, Jesus was not "FROM down here"....

See that?

He "came DOWN" "from Above".

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Feel free to keep saturday sabbath and kill animals to cover your sin... I'll pass on all that.

God's Word clearly teaches that the old covenant has been done away with and the new covenant is not in effect.
don't forget to love your neighbour.....just don't get caught!

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus healed on Shabbat to show that God is higher then the law and commandments, that are given to MAN.

So, does God need them?

So, because Jesus was man, (2nd Adam).... He kept the law,... yet, Healed on Shabbat, because He is Lord of the Sabbath.

He is one of the.... = "Let US....make man ... in OUR image"..... Pre-incarnate.

So, Jesus was (Jewish water baptized} to fulfill the Jewish law ..., and then later Jesus walked on Water to show us that God has come DOWN to mankind.

See that?

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, does God need them?

See that?

Now any Christian in their right mind wouldn’t dare say that it’s okay to steal, kill or commit adultery or break any of the other seven commandments. But when it comes to the fourth commandment, people avoid it like a plague! They are either uninformed about which day is the Sabbath day of the God of the Bible or they are just following the tradition of religion that was passed down through the family or maybe they have let some preacher give them other excuses for ignoring God’s true day of worship.

Jesus made it clear that the seventh day was made for mankind. (Mark 2:27-28) (v.27) And he said unto them, The Sabbath was made for man, and not man for the Sabbath: Do we understand that, the Sabbath was made for us, not us for the Sabbath. (v.28) Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath. The Son of man (Jesus) is the Lord God of the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday). (Ex.31:16-17) (v.16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (v.17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. You see that the Sabbath day is a sign between God and His people forever. Israel was His people then and whoever chooses to obey Him now are His people. God intended for the weekly Sabbath (this word means rest in Hebrew) to be a refreshing blessing for mankind. God knew that human beings would need periodic rest and change from work. But the purpose for keeping God's Sabbath goes far beyond simply resting on that day.

Paul says in Galatians 3: 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Paul say in (1 Tim.4: 1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; The first day of the week, as the Sabbath day, is the doctrine of the devil. Satan is always trying to mimic God. So if it is not of God then it is of Satan. So if the seventh day Sabbath (Saturday) is a sign between God and His people. Then the first day (Sunday) is a sign between somebody and his people. You can’t have it both ways you are either in or out. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 11: 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Manners and Righteousness: and the LORD spake unto Moses saying, "Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy." Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my Sabbaths: I am the LORD your God. Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the LORD your God. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field; neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest. And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger:

I am the LORD your God. Ye shall not steal, neither deal falsely, neither lie one to another. And ye shall not swear by my name falsely, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, neither rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning. Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD. Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect the person of the poor, nor honour the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbour. Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD. Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him. Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD. Ye shall not eat any thing with the blood: neither shall ye use enchantment, nor observe times. Ye shall not round the corners of your heads; neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard. Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Do not prostitute thy daughter, to cause her to be a whore; lest the land fall to whoredom, and the land become full of wickedness. Ye shall keep my Sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God. Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD.” (Leviticus 19:1-4, 9-18, & 26-32)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who believe that because Christ overcame sin and kept the law that now we don't have to keep God's laws. But what do the Scriptures tell us? Here's what Jesus said:

Jesus says in (Mat.5:17-19) (v.17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (v.18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (v.19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus came to fulfill, to fill to the full (Gk. plereo). He fulfilled many prophecies - but not all. There are many in the Book of Revelation still to be fulfilled. There is still some in the Old Testament that hasn’t been fulfilled. Jesus at His first coming came to fulfilled that which was written for Him to fulfill at His first coming. He has NOT fulfilled everything that was written for Him to do. And He kept all of the Law that he could - but that was not all! He was not a Temple priest. He was not a woman. He could not keep the laws intended only for priests and women. No matter how you think about Jesus, there is still much to be fulfilled! So not even the smallest part has yet passed from God's Law! Jesus made it quite clear that anyone who would break even the least commandment and teach people to do so would be called the least in the kingdom of heaven.

The fact is, God did not find fault with His laws but rather with the people who did not obey them. (Heb.8:7-8) (v.7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.(v.8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Paul says in Hebrews then proceeds to quote Jeremiah 31: 31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. quoted above.

Under the New Covenant we now have a living High Priest, Jesus Christ, who can make intercession for us. One who was tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. He is an intercessor who understands our weaknesses because He lived as a human being.

The Last Judgment

Jesus Christ is the ultimate judge - all judgment has been committed to Him ,(John: 5:22). And He will judge righteously. He cannot be bribed or tempted as a human judge can.

And, as we read in, (Num.15:15-16) He treats everyone alike. (v.15) One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance for ever in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD. (v.16) One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who believe that because Christ overcame sin and kept the law that now we don't have to keep God's laws. But what do the Scriptures tell us? Here's what Jesus said:

Jesus says in (Mat.5:17-19) (v.17) Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. (v.18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. (v.19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus came to fulfill, to fill to the full (Gk. plereo). He fulfilled many prophecies - but not all. There are many in the Book of Revelation still to be fulfilled. There is still some in the Old Testament that hasn’t been fulfilled. Jesus at His first coming came to fulfilled that which was written for Him to fulfill at His first coming. He has NOT fulfilled everything that was written for Him to do. And He kept all of the Law that he could - but that was not all! He was not a Temple priest. He was not a woman. He could not keep the laws intended only for priests and women. No matter how you think about Jesus, there is still much to be fulfilled! So not even the smallest part has yet passed from God's Law! Jesus made it quite clear that anyone who would break even the least commandment and teach people to do so would be called the least in the kingdom of heaven.

The fact is, God did not find fault with His laws but rather with the people who did not obey them. (Heb.8:7-8) (v.7) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.(v.8) For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Paul says in Hebrews then proceeds to quote Jeremiah 31: 31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: 33 but this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. quoted above.

Under the New Covenant we now have a living High Priest, Jesus Christ, who can make intercession for us. One who was tempted in all things as we are, yet without sin. He is an intercessor who understands our weaknesses because He lived as a human being.

The Last Judgment

Jesus Christ is the ultimate judge - all judgment has been committed to Him ,(John: 5:22). And He will judge righteously. He cannot be bribed or tempted as a human judge can.

And, as we read in, (Num.15:15-16) He treats everyone alike. (v.15) One ordinance shall be both for you of the congregation, and also for the stranger that sojourneth with you, an ordinance for ever in your generations: as ye are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD. (v.16) One law and one manner shall be for you, and for the stranger that sojourneth with you.
We're not under Law, but by being under Grace (Ro 6:14), the "righteous requirement" of the Law is fulfilled in us by God (Ro 8:4), and so we fulfill "the entire law" (Ro 2:6-16, 26, 27, 3:31, 13:8-10).

The Law isn't even God's exact will, because it contains concessions for wicked/hard hearted (Heb 3 "hardened through the deceitfulness of sin") men, such as permission to take vows, whereas Christ condemns the taking of vows as "of the evil one" (Mt 5), and for "any cause" (even if a woman burns her husband's food) divorce, which Christ now condemns as adultery (Mt 19).

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Last Judgment

The "one law" all God's people are bound to (Ro 14:5) is "let every man be fully convinced in his own mind"; paradoxically, this results in varied expressions of "the obedience of faith" (Ro 1:15), as shown in Romans 14:

1) "14I am convinced and fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean."
2) "5One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s."

Because your thoughts will accuse or else excuse you on that Day (Ro 2:6-16), you must live acquitted by your thoughts in your daily life, not be doing things that your thoughts are condemning you for (Ro 14:23)--"God's righteousness is revealed from faith to faith" (Ro 1:16,17), so "let every man be fully convinced in his own mind" (Ro 14:5), and "whatever is not of faith is sin" (Ro 14:23).

What we should understand all of this to amount to should be insight into New Testament "freedom" (Gal 2:4, 5:1)--we are "free" to live in agreement with our own thoughts (Lk 15:17; 2 Ti 2:26; Ti 3:11), imperfect though they may be (Ro 14:14), it's fine, just live it, don't reach beyond, because "the secret things belong to the LORD" (Dt 29:29). We're free to live a "yes, yes", or a "no, no" (Mt 5:37; 2 Co 1:17).

Last edited:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

One thought on 7th Day Sabbath: that was a commemoration of the rest God took after creating the old creation, so, if God does another act of creating, then He would have a new rest, and there would be a new commemoration of the new rest from the new act of creating.

Well, we are a new creation, so hasn't God created anew?

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks to me that's what the book say. We all have to live by what Jesus says in (Luke:4:4) And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

The reference point for Christians is the Bible, the revelation of God to mankind and source book for God's commands to us, known as the divine Law. God's laws are holy and the commandment holy, and just, and good. (Romans:7:12). They are the instructions for the way we should conduct our lives. Yet throughout history we see people trying to side-step the laws of God. Even today many Christian churches do not place as much emphasis on observing God's law as they do on ‘love’. But the fact is, we need both!
The reference point for Christians is the New Covenant brought by Jesus. Many try to drag old law into the New Covenant.

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you paid off your home mortgage, would you pay it again if the contract was reprinted on yellow paper instead of white?

An old covenant is NOT a new covenant simply because it appears on a different material.

Hebrews 8:7, 13 NIV
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant,
no place would have been sought for another. ...
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete;
and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

/
And yet most Christians drag old covenant law into the New Covenant as if to say Jesus is not enough we need old law too.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet most Christians drag old covenant law into the New Covenant as if to say Jesus is not enough we need old law too.
I agree.

Galatians 3:23-25 NIV
Before the coming of this faith,[a] we were held in custody under the law,
locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.
24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith.
25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

/

Reactions: knothead

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW: Welcome to the forum. I see you are fairly new.

You might be interested in this topic, if you haven't seen it. I welcome your comments, thanks.

/

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reference point for Christians is the New Covenant brought by Jesus. Many try to drag old law into the New Covenant.
It's written in 2 John 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Also Paul says in Romans 15: 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's written in 2 John 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
Also Paul says in Romans 15: 4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
The Torah is not God's exact will, since it contains concessions for hard-hearted (ie, wicked: "hardened through the deceitfulness of sin" Heb 3) men:

i. Christ condemns "vows", permitted in Torah, as "of the evil one" (Mt 5).
ii. Christ condemns "any cause" divorce, permitted in Torah, as "adultery" (Mt 19).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "one law" all God's people are bound to (Ro 14:5) is "let every man be fully convinced in his own mind"; paradoxically, this results in varied expressions of "the obedience of faith" (Ro 1:15), as shown in Romans 14:

1) "14I am convinced and fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for him it is unclean."
2) "5One person regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. Each person must be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord, and he who eats, does so for the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and gives thanks to God. 7For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; 8for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s."

Because your thoughts will accuse or else excuse you on that Day (Ro 2:6-16), you must live acquitted by your thoughts in your daily life, not be doing things that your thoughts are condemning you for (Ro 14:23)--"God's righteousness is revealed from faith to faith" (Ro 1:16,17), so "let every man be fully convinced in his own mind" (Ro 14:5), and "whatever is not of faith is sin" (Ro 14:23).

What we should understand all of this to amount to should be insight into New Testament "freedom" (Gal 2:4, 5:1)--we are "free" to live in agreement with our own thoughts (Lk 15:17; 2 Ti 2:26; Ti 3:11), imperfect though they may be (Ro 14:14), it's fine, just live it, don't reach beyond, because "the secret things belong to the LORD" (Dt 29:29). We're free to live a "yes, yes", or a "no, no" (Mt 5:37; 2 Co 1:17).
Those are some good verses if they were pertaining to another point. What I spoke of is the law, and for those who break the the law is sin. In (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

So Romans 14 Chapter is talking about being weak or strong in the faith, we all have to keep the Commandments of God. Paul says in (Rom. 7:7,12) (v.7) What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.
Paul asked a question, is the law sin? He said God forbid, he said the only way that he knew what sin was, was by the law. (v.12) Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. Paul says in (Rom. 4:15) Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression. If there is no law there is no sin.