Following the UnCut Word Of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FYI, Tradition (capital "T") was put on an equal footing with Scripture long before the Council of Trent. Read 2 Thes. 2:15 where St. Paul does so. Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.

When we refer to "Tradition" we are not referring to common customs, as we think about that term today. Theologically, "Oral Tradition" is the "oral teachings" of Christ, Who gave them to the Apostles, who passed them on to their successors, the bishops, who have done likewise for nearly 2000 years now. Some of what was taught orally was eventually put in writing, and in the late 4th century, at the Councils of Rome, Hippo, and Carthage, 27 of these (out of the > 300 they analyzed) were declared worthy of being called Scripture. We refer to this as the New Testament.

The counsel of the church leaders was timely. "Pass a Sunday law. Force everyone to cease work and honor Sunday."

That was it! It would satisfy the sun-worshiping pagans, and unite pagans, Christians, and the Roman empire as never before.

The year is 321 A.D. Constantine, yielding to the suggestion of church leaders passes the first Sunday law! Here it is, straight out of the record:

"Let all the judges and town people, and the occupation of all trades rest on the venerable day of the sun" Edict of March 7, 321 A.D. Corpus Juris Civilis Cod., lib. 3, tit. 12, Lex. 3.

The Christians who would not compromise and dishonor God found themselves in a dilemma. Satan had worked things around so that you were forced to honor the pagan "day of the sun" or pay the penalty. Even after the Emperor's Sunday law, many Christians continued to honor and keep holy the seventh-day Sabbath that their Saviour had kept. God knew what was going on and had predicted that the man of sin would "think to change times and laws." Satan was about to pull off a world-wide hoax.

Bibles were forbidden by the priests. As the years went by, the new generations (without Bibles) would forget all about the Sabbath of the Lord.

Not only that - from time to time, great church councils were held. In nearly every one, the Sabbath which God had given as a memorial of His creation of the world was pressed down and Sunday was exalted. The pagan festival finally came to be regarded as the "Lord's day" (by Pope Sylvester, 314-337 A.D.) and the church leaders pronounced the Bible Sabbath a relic of the Jews, and those who honored it, in obedience to the fourth commandment of God, were pronounced to be "accursed."

To rip out the commandment right in the center, put in Sun- day worship as a counterfeit, take the Bibles away, and command the whole world to accept it - this was the king of all swindles!

Reactions: Cassandra

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you paid off your home mortgage, would you pay it again if the contract was reprinted on yellow paper instead of white?

An old covenant is NOT a new covenant simply because it appears on a different material.

Hebrews 8:7, 13 NIV
7 For if there had been nothing wrong with that first covenant,
no place would have been sought for another. ...
13 By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete;
and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.

/

When Jesus died on the cross that was the end of the first covenant, which consisted of the blood of animals and the keeping of God’s commandments. And his death also brought in the second covenant, which consist of the blood of Jesus and the keeping of God’s commandments.

Paul explained this in; (Hebrews 10: (v.1) For the law (what law, the law of animal sacrifice?) having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. (v.9) Then said he, (Jesus) Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first that he may establish the second. (v.10) By which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

The point that is not understood is that we all have sin, but until Jesus came, there was no way of getting out from under your sins. So God institute a Priesthood and laws that went with the priesthood to control the sinning, and so the Lord use animal Sacrificial laws, even though it could not remove sins.

(v.18) Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. In other words, no more animals are going to die for your sins. (20) by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (21) and having an high priest over the house of God; (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now if you are being deceived into believing that once you are under God’s grace you no longer have to keep his commandments, all you have to look forward to is the day of judgement and the lake of fire (fiery indignation).
Do you know the difference between the law, the Law, God's law, and Christ's law? (four different things)
Explained at this topic. Feel free to weigh in. Thanks.

/

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know the difference between the law, the Law, God's law, and Christ's law? (four different things)
Explained at this topic. Feel free to weigh in. Thanks.

/
I think I'll allow you to explain, using the Bible of course.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul concerning the unchangeable Royal Law of God. (Rom. 13:7-10) (v.7) Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour. (v.8) Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. That’s the biblical definition of love, the keeping of God’s law. (v.9) For this, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, THOU SHALT NOT KILL, THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, THOU SHALT NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. (v.10) Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

And that is what God’s holy commandments are all about; the first four tells you how to love God and the last six tells you how to love your neighbor. If you love your God you will not do any thing to offend him, like having other gods before him. You will do as he says like remember the sabbath day to keep it holy on the seventh day of the week. If you love him you will obey him when he tells you not to eat certain meats etc… And the same goes for your fellow man, if you love your neighbor you wouldn’t steal from him, you wouldn’t kill him, you wouldn’t try and sleep with his wife and so on and so forth. (See exodus 20: 1-17)

This is God’s definition of love and it is perfect in its ways. The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them is thy servant warned: And in keeping of them there is great reward. (Psalm 19: 7-11)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh...
Seriously?

I already gave you the topic link. It is explained fully there.
With biblical support. I look forward to your reply on the topic.
I launched the topic. It is my explanation, not someone else's.
It's on this forum, not somewhere else.

Observations about the law, the Law, God's law, Christ's law - four different things

/
Sorry about that, I see the link. I would title....the observation about the old covenant laws and new covenant laws. When you speak of God's law, then, Christ law, that by itself is a lesson. See, you would then have to learn to understand that Jesus say in John 5: 37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape. So if this is the case, how can you divide the laws, between God and Christ, when Jesus says ye never heard the Father, which is God. After Jesus resurrection from the dead Jesus was returning to his former glory, God. (John 17:5) "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." Yes, with thee before the world was. That's why after Jesus was raised from the dead he made this statement. (Mat. 28:18) And Jesus came and spake unto them saying, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." It's hard for some people to understand that Jesus came through the Virgin Mary in the flesh, but he has always existed as a spirit being.

Let’s take a closer look to try and better explain this, let's start in Genesis, because that's where the one who became known as Jesus can be seen first. (Gen. 1: 1) It said that; "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." But (John 1: 1-3,-10, 14) states" in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. (v.2) The same was in the beginning with God. (v. 3) All things were made by him; (the Word) and without him was not any thing made that was made. (v.10) He was in the world and the world was made by him.

We all know that one of Jesus many names is the Word of God. (Rev. 19:13) So who created the world, was it God? Was it the Word (Jesus)? Yes! They are one in the same (v.14) And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the father,) full of grace and truth. Yes the WORD that was in the beginning with God, was God and was made flesh and dwelt among man. That's why Jesus said give me the glory I HAD WITH THEE BEFORE THE WORLD WAS, that was in the beginning. (John 17: 5)

So, according to the Bible we only dealt with Jesus, the son. So technically all the laws came through Jesus, so it only be Christ laws. One more example in 1 Corinthians 10: 1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

So that was Christ back in the days of Moses, you see. I'll go into some of the laws, but first let's understand that all the laws came from Jesus, not the father.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry about that, I see the link. I would title....the observation about the old covenant laws and new covenant laws. When you speak of God's law, then, Christ law, that by itself is a lesson.
I'm not going to waste my time reading your analysis of my topic when all you have read is the title!
The quote above was all I read. FULL STOP.

/

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made this proclamation: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11)

Now let's look at some other instructions that are in the Bible that we are to live our daily lives by.

The Circumcision: "And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him saying, "As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee. And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; every man child among you shall be circumcised.

And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the covenant betwixt me and you. And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed. He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” (Genesis 17:1-5, 7, & 10-14)

The Sabbath Day: and the LORD spake unto Moses, saying "Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you.”Ye shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.” (Exodus 31:12-17) Let’s take a look and see what Jesus did when he came in the flesh, And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. (Luke 4:14-16)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made this proclamation: "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” (Isaiah 55:11)
Then we'll both be satisfied with just that much of your hot air. Thank you.

/

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38).

If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16). Listen people! Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Following the UnCut Word Of God!​

in two words...self sacrifice! Anyone interested?
I agree, because Paul says in Romans 12: 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Dietary Law: Read the whole 11th chapter of Leviticus. I'll only put up a few verses. "And the LORD spake unto Moses and to Aaron, saying unto them, "Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, these are the beasts which ye shall eat among all the beasts that are on the earth." Whatsoever parteth the hoof, and is cloven-footed, and cheweth the cud, among the beasts, that shall ye eat. Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the coney, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the hare, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you. And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be cloven-footed, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: This is the law of the beasts, and of the fowl, and of every living creature that moveth in the waters, and of every creature that creepeth upon the earth: To make a difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten.” (Leviticus 11:1-10, & 46-47)

The commandments of God are not hard to keep (I John 5:3) and furthermore, they teach us love in the highest degree. If you love Jesus you will keep his commandments (St. John 14:15). You will not displease the Lord by: Worshipping other gods, having graven images, taking his name in vain, breaking his Sabbath day (which is Saturday not Sunday), or dishonoring your parents. On the other hand, if you love your neighbor as yourself you will not kill him, commit adultery with his spouse, steal from him, falsely accuse him, or covet anything of his.

This is true love, and if obeyed how much better would our world be? This is why Jesus said that the two greatest commandments are loving the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind; and loving your neighbor as yourself (Matthew 22:35-40). These two commandments are the foundation of the entire law. Many reject the law, but it is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good (Romans 7:12) even today.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Following the UnCut Word Of God!

Very sadly, the OSAS peoples are cherry pickers who only accept a handful of happy verses and throw the rest of God's Word in the trash.... which provides much pleasure to satan as this is helping him in his efforts to deceive the masses.

How was humankind "created by God and given an instruction manual"?

Reckon Jesus does not have the capability to prove mankind with a copy of His Word... in spite of evil men holding the manuscripts to keep them from mankind at various times in history?

If this is true, then this would mean Jesus is not actually all powerful...

Don't you mean contrary to your personal opinion about "God's word"?

Actually calvinism, reformed theology, and catholicism all teach things that are in opposition to God's Word.

Seems you are promoting a legalistic works religion.

You are an advocate of not being led by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ?
This is typical of the OSAS peoples as they turn the grace of God in to lawlessness.
Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Protestantism needs to be 'trashed"

Lots of false doctrine going around... but at least they don't pray to idols like the catholic cult does!

The keeping of Sunday as the Christian sabbath is not of God but of Man

Funny how the Apostles in God's Word.... met on Sunday!
Sundays - Why we Observe

Jesus arose upon the first day of the week.
Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, John 20:1

Pentecost by Divine design always came on Sunday. (Lev. 23:15-16)
Acts 2

The church was established repentance and remission of sins first preached this Sunday in Acts 2 and they were added to the saved.
Acts 2

The early church met on the first day of the week for communion (or to have a meal together and fellowship while hearing Paul teach).
Acts 20:7

Early church offerings were directed to be done upon the first day of the week.
1 Corinthians 16:2

FYI, Tradition (capital "T") was put on an equal footing with Scripture long before the Council of Trent. Read 2 Thes. 2:15 where St. Paul does so. Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught, either by an oral statement or by a letter of ours.

The difference is the Apostle Paul wasn't teaching false doctrine that is in opposition to the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ as the catholic cult is doing. Just because the word "traditions" shows up, that does not give the catholik cult an open door to claim their traditions are equal or above what God says in His Word.,

1 Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

This is why true Christians withdraw themselves from the teachings of the catholik kult as well as not associate with false brethren which is what katholic cult peoples are... tares among wheat.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very sadly, the OSAS peoples are cherry pickers who only accept a handful of happy verses and throw the rest of God's Word in the trash.... which provides much pleasure to satan as this is helping him in his efforts to deceive the masses.

Reckon Jesus does not have the capability to prove mankind with a copy of His Word... in spite of evil men holding the manuscripts to keep them from mankind at various times in history?

If this is true, then this would mean Jesus is not actually all powerful...

Actually calvinism, reformed theology, and catholicism all teach things that are in opposition to God's Word.

You are an advocate of not being led by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ?
This is typical of the OSAS peoples as they turn the grace of God in to lawlessness.
Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Lots of false doctrine going around... but at least they don't pray to idols like the catholic cult does!

Funny how the Apostles in God's Word.... met on Sunday!
Sundays - Why we Observe

Jesus arose upon the first day of the week.
Mark 16:2, Luke 24:1, John 20:1
Jesus was always being inquired of by the Jews for a sign. He gave them one in reference to His death and resurrection. He told them that just like Jonas, He would be in the earth 3 days and 3 nights. In the Gospel of John Jesus again gave the Jews a sign by telling them if this temple was destroyed He would raise it up in 3 days. Jesus was referring to His body.

(Matthew 12:38) Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Now despite the fact that Jesus Himself said that He would be in the grave 3 days and 3 nights, man has come up with the tradition of Jesus dying on Good Friday and rising early Sunday morning. In following this tradition, not only does one not observe one of God's Holy Days, which is the Passover, they directly deny the words of Jesus. It was Jesus who gave the sign of being in the grave 3 days and 3 nights. The tradition of Good Friday and Easter clearly does not line up with scripture. Because following this tradition the maximum one has Jesus in the grave is 1 day and 2 nights.

According to tradition, if Jesus had died on Friday, He would have been in the grave Friday night, Saturday day and Saturday night. One would not count Sunday because in John (20:1) it states that the 1st day of the week which is Sunday, Mary came to the grave site when it was still dark. In Luke (24:1-6) They find that the stone which was placed in front of the sepulcher had been removed and an angel tells them that Jesus had already risen.

Pentecost by Divine design always came on Sunday. (Lev. 23:15-16)
Acts 2

The church was established repentance and remission of sins first preached this Sunday in Acts 2 and they were added to the saved.
Acts 2

The early church met on the first day of the week for communion (or to have a meal together and fellowship while hearing Paul teach).
Acts 20:7

The Day of Pentecost is Holy Day, let's go into the scriptures and take a look at this day, and see why it falls on Sunday. In Leviticus 23:9 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it.

When you come into the land and reap the harvest you shall bring a sheaf of the first fruits to the priest and he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted. Before anyone could partake of it the Lord had to accept it first.

Leviticus 23:12 And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the LORD.

This should sound familiar. Notice what was to be offered? A he lamb without blemish or a perfect lamb and it also had to be the first born.

Leviticus 23:14 And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

You are not to partake of anything until the Lord accepts the offering. This shall be a statute forever throughout your generations.

Leviticus 23:15 And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the Sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven Sabbaths shall be complete: 16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh Sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

After the priest waves the sheaf, which will fall on the weekly Sabbath (Saturday), you must count 7 Sabbaths, this equals 49 days. Once you arrive at the 7th Sabbath add the next day after and you will have the day of Pentecost, which always falls on Sunday. Pentecost simply means fifty.

Leviticus 23:17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the first fruits unto the LORD.

Notice what the verse states, "two wave loaves they shall be baken with leaven". Seven weeks later we must have leaven? Remember the Feast of Unleavened Bread, we are not allowed to have leaven. This represents the first fruit from among men, or in other words the first resurrection. The reason leaven is evolve, there is no man born of women that has no sin. If we haven't committed a physical sin, we have committed some type of sin in our minds. No one is clean except Jesus that is why He is called the Holy One of Israel.
Early church offerings were directed to be done upon the first day of the week.
1 Corinthians 16:2

The difference is the Apostle Paul wasn't teaching false doctrine that is in opposition to the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ as the catholic cult is doing. Just because the word "traditions" shows up, that does not give the catholik cult an open door to claim their traditions are equal or above what God says in His Word.,

1 Timothy 6:3-5
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions,
Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

This is why true Christians withdraw themselves from the teachings of the catholik kult as well as not associate with false brethren which is what katholic cult peoples are... tares among wheat.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None the less... Jesus and His Apostles never taught Christians to do Saturday sabbath or taught Christians are required to keep any of the OT holy days

It's not a problem for a Christian to observe Saturday or any of the OT holy days.... until they start falsely claiming this is required for salvation and not doing this is sinful.

Colossians 2:16,17
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None the less... Jesus and His Apostles never taught Christians to do Saturday sabbath or taught Christians are required to keep any of the OT holy days

It's not a problem for a Christian to observe Saturday or any of the OT holy days.... until they start falsely claiming this is required for salvation and not doing this is sinful.

Colossians 2:16,17
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
In Leviticus, 23rd Chapter the sabbath day and the High Holy Days which begin I believe on the new moon. Are the feast of the Lord's. These days are to be observe in their season. In Colossians 2:16-17, "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. These feast days are the plans of God, they represent the future, with example from the past. All Holy Days are not to eat or drink, such as the atonement, but still to be observe. So this is actually what a person would say to someone who do not keep these feast day of the Lord, if they were judging them on those High and Holy Sabbath days, they were keeping. They would quoted Colossians 2: 16-17. So if you keep the first day of the week, Sunday, then it makes no sense to use this verse. You cannot worship other days that’s not written in the Bible to do, and then use the Bible to justify it. So if you keep another day thats not written in the Bible, then you are doing something on your own, thus it would really be contradictorily.

The Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath.
Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lord have not changed his ways. For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed (Malachi 3:6) or Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Honoring the Sabbath on the 7th day is a commandment from God given from the beginning of the creation.

The Sabbath did not start with Moses; understand that the Sabbath day is intended to be observe by all nation of people. Its origin goes back to the creation of the world and of mankind. In (Genesis 2:1) Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. 2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

The above scriptures clearly show that God blessed, sanctified and made Holy the 7th Day at the beginning of the world. God chose to cease from His labor not because He was tired. He chose to cease and rest because he was finished with His creation. The Lord had completed the heavens and the earth along with the creation of man. This day represent a future day of rest, after the Great tribulation period. This day is not alike any other day, it's set apart. Paul understood in Hebrews 4: 3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, If they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7 again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your hearts. 8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

So this is what the whole world would be missing out on, because some don’t believe, they believe Sunday is the day to have an Holy Convaction on and it’s not written in the Bible.

Let’s go into the future and see what the Lord expects in the future concerning his Sabbaths. Let turn to Isaiah 56:1 Thus saith the LORD, Keep ye judgment, and do justice: for my salvation is near to come, and my righteousness to be revealed. 56:2 Blessed is the man that doeth this, and the son of man that layeth hold on it; that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and keepeth his hand from doing any evil. 56:3 Neither let the son of the stranger, that hath joined himself to the LORD, speak, saying, The LORD hath utterly separated me from his people: neither let the eunuch say, Behold, I am a dry tree. 56:4 For thus saith the LORD unto the eunuchs that keep my sabbaths, and choose the things that please me, and take hold of my covenant; 56:5 Even unto them will I give in mine house and within my walls a place and a name better than of sons and of daughters: I will give them an everlasting name, that shall not be cut off. 56:6 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 56:7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

Now, we in the future in Jesus kingdom, what we call the millennium period where Christ will reign for a thousands years, this is that day of rest and it represent a Sabbath day. Even though it's a 1000 yrs, it's as one day, because in 2 Peter 3: But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath.

But he never taught Christians were required to do this in order to be saved.

Paul was trying to reach the Jews and went where they were which was to the temple on Saturday.... this doers not mean Christians go to hell if they don't observe Saturday sabbath.

Jesus Christ IS our rest, our "sabbath" if we abide IN CHRIST.... this is why 9 of the 10 commandments are in the New Testament as commandments... but keeping the sabbath is not.