Following the UnCut Word Of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
How does God's law apply to today?
Christians have the law on their hearts today. Don't you know this?
What does that have to do with God's law?
Why would Christians have the law that God gave to the Israelites alone through Moses on their hearts?
Would you really want the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy written on your heart? - LOL
Sounds painful.

/

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
How does God's law apply to today?

What does that have to do with God's law?
Why would Christians have the law that God gave to the Israelites alone through Moses on their hearts?
Would you really want the books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy written on your heart? - LOL
Sounds painful.

/
I think if you read the New Testament you'll glean an understanding.

• Haha
Reactions: GracePeace

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, because God works in believers for His good pleasure, you are to obey that working (Php 2:12, 13), and we know He writes His law on hearts of partakers of the New Covenant (Jer 33:31-34; Ro 2:14), so we know that by obeying that working, people qualify as "doers of the Law" who will therefore be justified and repaid with eternal life when God judges them (Ro 2:6-16).

Actually, with respect to observance of days (eg, Sabbath), Paul says it's not necessary (Ro 14:5,6).
Please copy and paste the verses and scriptures. I agree the Lord writes the laws in our heart, but you miss understanding Paul in (Ro 14:5,6) concerning the Sabbath day. Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath.

Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please copy and paste the verses and scriptures. I agree the Lord writes the laws in our heart, but you miss understanding Paul in (Ro 14:5,6) concerning the Sabbath day. Paul understood this he knew and kept Gods law including the seventh day sabbath.

Now lets take a look at; (Acts 13:13-15, 42, 44) (v.13) Now when Paul and his company loosed from Pa’-phus, they came to Per’-ga in Pam-phyl’-I-a: and John departing from them returned to Jerusalem. (v.14) But when they departed from Per’-ga, they came to An’-ti-och in Pi-sid’-I-a, and went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and sat down. Paul went into the church (synagogue) on the sabbath day the seventh day not the first day (Sunday). (v.15) And after the reading of the law and the prophets the rulers of the synagogue sent unto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye have any word of exhortation for the people, say on. (v.42) And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next sabbath.

The Gentiles didn’t asked Paul to come preach us something different next Sunday. They wanted Paul to preach to them the same thing that he taught the Jews, the next sabbath. Even the Gentiles knew that if they were going to serve the same God that Paul and the Jews (Israelites) served that they would have to serve him on the day that God had set up. (v.42) And the next sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God. Not the next Sunday but the next sabbath.
Lol

1. You have no answer for my reasoning I already provided you with.
2. Paul says he's not under the Law, but that he becomes as those under Law when he preaches to them for their sake (1 Co 9:19+).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 4
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the Law...
Thats true, but what law is Paul talking about here? You must understand that Paul talks about more then just one law in his writing. God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

2. Paul says he's not under the Law, but that he becomes as those under Law when he preaches to them for their sake (1 Co 9:19+).
No you haven't prove any anything, take heed to the verses I'm posting, you have a lot to learn here.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats true, but what law is Paul talking about here? You must understand that Paul talks about more then just one law in his writing. God had Peter to clearly warn us about some of Paul’s writing. (2Peter:3:15-16) (v.15) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; (v.16) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction. Now let us take heed to this warning, we can’t ignore all the bible and just concentrate on a hand full of verses out of the writings of Paul. Because some of Paul’s writing is hard to be understood.
Lol what other Law was Christ supposed to have been born under?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol

Judiazers . . . never stop!

Stand in Christ!

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol what other Law was Christ supposed to have been born under?
Why is everything funny? When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master law, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't take heed to anything you say. I know what the truth is--you know nothing.
Since I know nothing, it looks like we done fellowshipping then....peace in Jesus mighty name!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws.
You are one who thinks you can divide God's Law into bite-sized chucks? James put that to rest. The Law is a single thing, and you don't get to pick and choose what parts you think you have to keep and what parts you don't. Either you keep the Law, or you do not, and I can assure you, you do not.

And if you are thinking that you're "keeping" the Law is part of your salvation, then you have a serious issue, because ever since 70 AD no one can keep the Law. Unless it's like you do, your own "pretend Law", as if you are the one to give and abrogate God's Law.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kind of an irony . . . "the Uncut Word of God", but you carve it up into pieces.

Not good!

Much love!

• Haha

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is everything funny? When the bible speaks of laws we no longer have to keep, it is speaking of the sacrificial laws and Priesthood laws. These laws were a school master pointing us to the fact that Jesus would be sacrificed for our sins. Since Jesus died we are no longer under a school master law, (required to offer up bulls and goats for our sins).
Because you're ridiculous to me. You keep thinking you're going to make a point against what is clearly taught in Scripture in so many ways.

The Bible doesn't say we don't have to keep the Law, it says we're not under the Law--we actually ARE required to keep the righteous requirement of the Law (Ro 8:4; 1 Co 7:19), but THE METHOD whereby we do it is different (ie, Ro 7:6But now we have been released from the Law, having died to that by which we were bound, so that we serve in newness of the Spirit and not in oldness of the letter."), hence why Gentile believers who don't know the Law are able to be deemed "doers of the Law" (Ro 2:14, 26,27).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judiazers . . . never stop!

Stand in Christ!

Much love!
and now the pharisees and etc have created the largest works religoin they think saveth and they try so hard to call it love .
ONLY IT AINT LOVE and it aint COMING FROM GOD .
SORRY Folks but buddists , atheists , mulims and any other religion can have an appearance of what can seem loving
YET THEY ALL DOOMED if they repent not to BELIEVE ON CHRIST JESUS .
SEE now i do PREACH LOVE cause i POINT TO THE DIRE NEED TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST . any love
that gives the idea that all one needs is love and yet dont have to BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST , AINT LOVE , its called A LIE