Following the UnCut Word Of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church.

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:5,6). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)

Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15).

However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word.

Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Over the years many have taught various ways to receive everlasting life. No wonder the world is full of so many denominations. All of these different doctrines, seemingly coming from the bible, tend only to confuse people. Most people don't know what to believe and simply choose not to attend any church.

Nevertheless, the bible speaks of only one way to get eternal salvation. "One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.(Ephesians 4:5,6). The next time someone asks you what faith you are, tell them there's only one faith. The road to eternal salvation starts with knowledge of the Holy Scriptures. God doesn't want us to memorize two or three verses, but instead he left the entire bible so we can learn how to get salvation. If we learn it, believe it and obey it (the bible), salvation will be our reward. For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works. (Matthew 16:27)

Before you can start any task you must first know about it and without the key of knowledge we are lost. "...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make the wise unto salvation..." (II Timothy 4:15).

However, with all the various doctrines (teachings) it's hard to know which road to take. Many claim that it really doesn't matter saying, "you serve God your way and I'll serve God my way." Since the Lord is the author of eternal salvation we can only obtain it by serving him his way (Hebrews 5:9). Some choose to rely on the wisdom of their pastor by putting his word above God's word.

Nevertheless, in judgment each one of us will give account for our own salvation. Therefore, we must not let anyone lead us down the wrong path, but should verify all of our teaching with the holy bible. YOUR SALVATION IS AT STAKE! "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12).
Yes, because God works in believers for His good pleasure, you are to obey that working (Php 2:12, 13), and we know He writes His law on hearts of partakers of the New Covenant (Jer 33:31-34; Ro 2:14), so we know that by obeying that working, people qualify as "doers of the Law" who will therefore be justified and repaid with eternal life when God judges them (Ro 2:6-16).

Actually, with respect to observance of days (eg, Sabbath), Paul says it's not necessary (Ro 14:5,6).

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 4
But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the Law...
Lawless proponents forget Jesus stated that not one not nor tittle of the law shall disappear until all is accomplished.

Bible study tells us not all is yet accomplished with regard to Messiah.
Which is why anti-Baptism proponents must ignore the fact of Jesus command to baptize in his name.

It's amazing to realize there are those who claim to know Jesus while destroying his mission and preaching with their own ideas as to what's best.

They don't know him.More importantly,and by their actions,he does not know them.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lawless proponents forget Jesus stated that not one not nor tittle of the law shall disappear until all is accomplished.

Bible study tells us not all is yet accomplished with regard to Messiah.
Which is why anti-Baptism proponents must ignore the fact of Jesus command to baptize in his name.

It's amazing to realize there are those who claim to know Jesus while destroying his mission and preaching with their own ideas as to what's best.

They don't know him.More importantly,and by their actions,he does not know them.
1. Jesus calls "vows", permitted by Torah, "of the evil one" (Mt 5), and "any cause" divorce, permitted in Torah, "adultery", so your issue is with Him.
2. Gentile Christians are deemed "doers of the Law" because the Spirit writes God's Law on their hearts, so, no, they're not "lawless"--instead, they're going to be justified and repaid eternal life (Ro 2:6-16, 26,27).

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Jesus calls "vows", permitted by Torah, "of the evil one" (Mt 5), and "any cause" divorce, permitted in Torah, "adultery", so your issue is with Him.
2. Gentile Christians are deemed "doers of the Law" because the Spirit writes God's Law on their hearts, so, no, they're not "lawless"--instead, they're going to be justified and repaid eternal life (Ro 2:6-16, 26,27).
You didn't understand my post.

Thanks for your time.

Reactions: GracePeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you please explain it?
Sure. In brief lawless ones are those who deny God's law exists for the Christian at all. Meaning,dental of it being written on our hearts as well.

In matters of Baptism,while we know it does not save us,we also know it is not meaningless to our walk,as some would insist. We know this because Jesus taught baptism after being baptized himself.And instructed his Disciples to baptize.Which they did even as his Apostles once he ascended.

If baptism was,is,meaningless they didn't know it.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure. In brief lawless ones are those who deny God's law exists for the Christian at all. Meaning,dental of it being written on our hearts as well.

In matters of Baptism,while we know it does not save us,we also know it is not meaningless to our walk,as some would insist. We know this because Jesus taught baptism after being baptized himself.And instructed his Disciples to baptize.Which they did even as his Apostles once he ascended.

If baptism was,is,meaningless they didn't know it.
Oh OK.

I don't have that issue bc I don't believe in faith alone, but both faith in Christ and walking in faith.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's "the Law", not "the law". Nothing to do with "lawless".

This topic explains the differences.
Observations about the law, the Law, God's law, Christ's law - four different things

Matthew 5:18 NIV
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen,
will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

COMPARE (what Jesus said about this after his resurrection)

Luke 24:44 NIV
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you:
Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

/

Last edited:

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's "the Law", not "the law". Nothing to do with "lawless".

This topic explains the differences.
Observations about the law, the Law, God's law, Christ's law - four different things

Matthew 5:18 NIV
For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen,
will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

COMPARE (what Jesus said about this after his resurrection)

Luke 24:44 NIV
He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you:
Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

/
Precisely. Those who claim God's law doesn't matter or apply today are flat wrong.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely. Those who claim God's law doesn't matter or apply today are flat wrong.
Do you know the difference between the law and God's law?
You didn't know the difference between "the law" and "the Law" in your last post.

You seem to have the wrong idea about God's law as well. (sigh)

/