Footprints Of Islam

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keira

Dec 2, 2008
I was listening to a speech by Barack Obama and he said that he was formulating some concepts based on five pillars. I thought his phrase to be very interesting because in high school I briefly studied Islam and within the Islamic Faith are five pillars. "The 'Five Pillars' of Islam are the foundation of Muslim life: 1. Faith or belief in the Oneness of God and the finality of the prophethood of Muhammad; 2. Establishment of the daily prayers; 3. Concern for and almsgiving to the needy; 4. Self-purification through fasting; and 5. The pilgrimage to Makkah for those who are able." I am quite sure that this is no coincidence as Obama having spent some time in a Muslim country (Indonesia) is suppose to be quiet familiar with the five pillars of Islam. Is Obama a Muslim? I cannot say that because I do not know that. But I do know that having grown up for a period of time in a Muslim country must have had some impact on Obama. The phrase that he stated above proves that to me.

Keira

Dec 2, 2008
Below is an excerpt from a transcript of Obama's speech from the new York Times where he mentions five pillars. "Obama’s Remarks on the Economy Page 5 of 8But even as we continue to clear away the wreckage and address the immediate crisis, it is my firm belief that our next task is to make sure such a crisis never happens again. Even as we clean up balance sheets and get credit flowing; even as people start spending and business start hiring – we have to realize that we cannot go back to the bubble and bust economy that led us to this point.It is simply not sustainable to have a 21st century financial system that is governed by 20th century rules and regulations that allowed the recklessness of a few to threaten the entire economy. It is not sustainable to have an economy where in one year, 40% of our corporate profits came from a financial sector that was based too much on inflated home prices, maxed out credit cards, overleveraged banks and overvalued assets; or an economy where the incomes of the top 1% have skyrocketed while the typical working household has seen their income decline by nearly $2,000.For even as too many were chasing ever-bigger bonuses and short-term profits over the last decade, we continued to neglect the long-term threats to our prosperity: the crushing burden that the rising cost of health care is placing on families and businesses; the failure of our education system to prepare our workers for a new age; the progress that other nations are making on clean energy industries and technologies while we remain addicted to foreign oil; the growing debt that we're passing on to our children. And even after we emerge from the current recession, these challenges will still represent major obstacles that stand in the way of our success in the 21st century.There is a parable at the end of the Sermon on the Mount that tells the story of two men. The first built his house on a pile of sand, and it was destroyed as soon as the storm hit. But the second is known as the wise man, for when "…the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house…it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock."We cannot rebuild this economy on the same pile of sand. We must build our house upon a rock. We must lay a new foundation for growth and prosperity – a foundation that will move us from an era of borrow and spend to one where we save and invest; where we consume less at home and send more exports abroad.It's a foundation built upon five pillars that will grow our economy and make this new century another American century: new rules for Wall Street that will reward drive and innovation; new investments in education that will make our workforce more skilled and competitive; new investments in renewable energy and technology that will create new jobs and industries; new investments in health care that will cut costs for families and businesses; and new savings in our federal budget that will bring down the debt for future generations. That is the new foundation we must build. That must be our future – and my Administration's policies are designed to achieve that future.The first step we will take to build this foundation is to reform the outdated rules and regulations that allowed this crisis to happen in the first place. It is time to lay down tough new rules of the road for Wall Street to ensure that we never find ourselves here again. Rules that punish short-cuts and abuse. Rules that tie someone's pay to their actual job performance. Rules that protect typical American families when they buy a home, get a credit card or invest in a 401k. We have already begun to work with Congress to shape this new regulatory framework – and I expect a bill to arrive on my desk for signature before the year is out.The second pillar of this new foundation is an education system that finally prepares our workers for a 21st century economy. In the 20th century, the GI Bill sent a generation to college, and for decades, we led the world in education and economic growth. But in this new economy, we trail the world's leaders in graduation rates and achievement. That is why we have set a goal that will greatly enhance our ability to compete for the high-wage, high-tech jobs of the 21st century: by 2020, America will once more have the highest proportion of college graduates in the world."http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/14/us/polit...mp;pagewanted=5

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
What is hard for many to understand is that God spoke about this time we are now entering into, in the prophets. Psalms 83 1-18 speaks of this time. Verse 6 the Ishmaelites are mentioned along with Moab and Harites, who are offspring from Hagar, and others with Tyre. verse 4 Come, they say, "let us destroy them as a nation" that the name of Israel be remembered no more. With one mind they plot together they form an alliance against you--Ishmael, Hagarites, Moab, Gebal Ammon and Amalek Philistia with the people of Tyre and Edom, even the Assyria has joined them. Are these the 10 kings spoken of in Daniel, the areas they exist in today that come together in the last days of the Age of Man? I believe it is a great possibility for they receive a kingdom which belongs to Satan for 3 1/2 yrs. Rev. 13:2 The dragon gave the beast his POWER, and his THRONE and great AUTHORITY.This is the force that we Christians are up against that opposes us as Daniel 7:25 says and Rev 13:7 declares this to happen to the Saints. Rev 13:7 He was given power to make war against the Saints and conquer them. And he was given authority over every tribe, language and nation. We have entered into prophecy concerning the events that will bring our Lord back to reign upon the earth, to remove this beast that is in place now and is at work to come forth taking the whole earth for a period of 3 1/2 yrs till Christ will come and remove him. Hang on to your faith and trust in the Lord completely for this is our calling being born into this time. Acts 17:26-27 From one man he made every nation of men, that they shuld inhabit the whole earth and HE, GOD, DETERMINED THE TIMES SET FOR THEM AND THE EXACT PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULD LIVE. 27.) God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him , though he is not far from each one of us. So, we have been born into this Age of the End created by God to be in it. We are going through this and we will be with our Lord if we stay the course. He will help us and I am depending on him for by myself I will not make it, but with him all things are possible. My life in him. As Jesus dealt with Satan for 40 days and nights, so will we be dealing with the kingdom of Satan under human powers who will be setting on Satan's throne. We are entering into some times we have not been familiar with. VickieThanks Vickie

Keira

Dec 2, 2008
A Christian woman (who doesn't believe what I said) said that in her son's school there are five pillars. She said the following:"My son and his school have five pillars they had to learn and work on throughout the school year:pillar one: Trustworthinesspillar two: Responsibilitypillar three: CaringPillar four: CitizenshipPillar five: Fairness"So therefore even children without the parents realizing are being exposed to an important concept in the Islamic Faith. In Islam the way to live an obedient life and a fulfilled life as a Muslim is by living one's life according to the five pillars.

Vickie

Feb 26, 2009
QUOTE (Keira @ May 9 2009, 08:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=73419
pillar one: Trustworthinesspillar two: Responsibilitypillar three: CaringPillar four: CitizenshipPillar five: Fairness"So therefore even children without the parents realizing are being exposed to an important concept in the Islamic Faith. In Islam the way to live an obedient life and a fulfilled life as a Muslim is by living one's life according to the five pillars.
If only all people could grasp that trustworthiness is good, as is responsibility caring and fairness to others. Citizenship is what? In the country one is born in? Just what is this being taught as? I don't understand. Vickie

Keira

Dec 2, 2008
The five pillar concept being implemented in schools in my opinion is not good as it is based on real Islamic doctrine. I believe that the government is involved in the implementation of these five pillars in schools in order to push Islamic Doctrine in schools without people being aware of it. Therefore the concept of Trustworthiness, Responsibility, Caring, Citizenship and Fairness may sound "good" but I believe that those words are loaded so therefore there may be more to the meaning of those words than you think and that is visible to the eye.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I look at it this way. President Obama is the most PC (politically correct) person when it comes to faith. Just like the proclamation on National Prayer Day, he won't do anything that he can get caught in. He is part of this one world tradition that embodies the idea that all faiths are essentially part of the same over-arching faith. It's very similar to the Deist claim that "yes God exists, but we can't possibly know him beyond guessing based on our own perceptions."QUOTE
II Thessalonians 2:10-11And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
This is all part of that delusion. Christ himself tells us that there is not only the beast, but a false prophet (Revelation 16:13); not only a bride, but an harlot (Revelation 17).I don't believe Obama is a Muslim, but he is a one-worldist. The Freudian slip of the tongue ("my Muslim faith") gave that away amongst other things like Jeremiah Wright and the others. Woe to those that use the Word of God as a political expedient. Judgment starts in the pulpit (read the book of Malachi) and will come to the leaders and the followers.