Olivet P2: False Messiahs (1st SEWIC)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MrBebe

Sep 8, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Previous Topic:
Olivet P1: Looking Through the Stones of the Buildings of the Temple

========

Matthew 24:4-5 KJV
(4) And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
(5) For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.​

This is the 1st SEWIC of Matthew. The Lord stated here that they should be careful not to be deceived or led astray for many will come in his name and will deceive many. These events came into fulfillment after our Lord ascended to Heaven. Here again are the lists of those who claimed to be the messiah:

PSEUDO-MESSIAHS
List of messiah claimants

Immediately after the 1st SEWIC, the next passage that comes is the 2nd SEWIC. Both the 1st and the 2nd SEWICs include their distinct signs that the Temple was to be thrown down but the 2nd SEWIC is not a contextual continuation of the 1st SEWIC. The events in both of them have occurred in parallel. Except for the signs they contain, they are not related to each other. This is also the case between the 1st SEWICs and the 3rd SEWICs in the three books. The question now is: Is there something between the 1st SEWIC and the X-SEWIC? We now come to the deep things of this prophecy of the Lord Yeshua.

The starting part of the X-SEWIC is about the setting up of the desolating sacrilege. Does it have something to do with the 1st SEWIC?

The Dome of the Rock was constructed by the followers of Muhammad, the founder of Islam. He was regarded by Muslim authorities as the Great Prophet; even greater than the Lord Yeshua whom they look at as a prophet ONLY. Many Islamic websites are teaching that Muhammad is the “prophet” mentioned in the passage below:

Deu 18:18-19 KJV
(18) I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
(19) And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.​

We Christians know that this Prophet is the Lord Yeshua. Let’s go back to the 1st SEWIC. The Aramaic word for “name” in the phrase “For many shall come in my name” has the following definition:

The Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon
1 name Com.
2 fame, reputation Qum, JLAtg, Gal, PTA, Syr, LJLA.
3 terms for a person, epithet Syr.
4 pretext Syr. –(a) ܒܫܸܡ : in name only Syr. (a.1) in the guise of Syr. (a.2) see also s.v. bšm prep. Com. –(b) see s.v. lšm, lšwm prep. .
5 ܒܹܝܬ ܫ̈ܡܵܗܹܐ : The ‘Old Testament’ Syr.
6 (gram.) word Syr. –(a) noun Syr. (a.1) ܡܠ̈ܝ ܫܡܐ : adjectives Syr. –(b) mark of punctuation Syr.​

Look at the 4th definition. If applied, the 1st SEWIC of Matthew would be:

(Mat 24:5 KJV) For many shall come in the guise of me, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.​

Muhammad came and claimed to be one of the prophesied titles of the Lord Yeshua – the Prophet of Deut 18:18-19. A Muslim who has read this thing might say: “Muslims do not regard Muhammad as a messiah.” That could be true in the sense of a deliverer but the word “messiah” in Mat 24:5 could also mean “anointed one.” In Isaiah 45:1, “anointed” contextually mean “appointed” and Muhammad claimed to be the appointed prophet of God in Deut 18:18-19.

The abomination that desolates is the setting up of the Dome of the Rock in the Temple Mount. According to some sources, the Dome of the Rock houses a stone that is called “Foundation Stone.” It is said that on the site of this stone was the Most Holy Place of the 1st and 2nd Temples. However, some sources disagree on this thing, saying it is not the “Foundation Stone” that is housed by this structure.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_Stone
Foundation Stone - Wikipedia

Whichever is the truth, the Dome of the Rock is in the Temple Mount, a place where it should not be. Now, what is the connection of this structure to the 1st SEWIC aside from the fact that it was built by the followers of a great false messiah? Here is a quote from Wikipedia:

“Religious significance

According to some Islamic scholars, the rock is the spot[22] from which the Islamic prophet Muhammad ascended to Heaven accompanied by the angel Gabriel. Further, Muhammad was taken here by Gabriel to pray with Abraham, Moses, and Jesus.[23] Other Islamic scholars believe that the Prophet ascended to Heaven from the Al-Aqsa Mosque.[24][25]+

The Foundation Stone and its surroundings is the holiest site in Judaism. Though Muslims now pray towards the Kaaba at Mecca, they once faced the Temple Mount as the Jews do. Muhammad changed the direction of prayer for Muslims after a revelation from Allah. Jews traditionally regarded the location of the stone as the holiest spot on Earth, the site of the Holy of Holies during the Temple Period.

According to Jewish tradition, the stone is the site where Abraham prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. In the story of the near-sacrifice in the Quran, the son is not named, but the majority opinion among Muslims is that the son was Ishmael rather than Isaac.[26]

On the walls of the Dome of the Rock is an inscription in a mosaic frieze that includes the following words from Quran (19:33–35), which are considered blasphemy to Christianity:

33. “So peace is upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!” 34. Such is Jesus, son of Mary. It is a statement of truth, about which they doubt. 35. It is not befitting to (the majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son. Glory be to Him! when He determines a matter, He only says to it, “Be”, and it is.​
According to Goitein, the inscriptions decorating the interior clearly display a spirit of polemic against Christianity, whilst stressing at the same time the Qur’anic doctrine that Jesus was a true prophet. The formula la sharika lahu (“God has no companion”) is repeated five times, the verses from Sura Maryam 19:35–37, which strongly reaffirm Jesus’ prophethood to God, are quoted together with the prayer: Allahumma salli ala rasulika wa’abdika ‘Isa bin Maryam – “O Lord, send your blessings to your Prophet and Servant Jesus son of Mary.” He believes that this shows that rivalry with Christendom, together with the spirit of Muslim mission to the Christians, was at work at the time of construction.[10]”

Dome of the Rock - Wikipedia
The Dome of the Rock commemorates the alleged ascension to heaven of a man who came in the guise of the Lord and who considered himself an anointed or appointed by God. In it are inscribed blasphemous lies. These things have caused people to be deceived or misled since the construction of this structure.

Mat 24:23-27 KJV
(23) Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
(24) For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
(25) Behold, I have told you before.
(26) Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
(27) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.​

This passage is very similar to the 1st SEWIC but with more details. Why is it included in the X-SEWIC and not in the other parts of the Olivet Prophecy especially in the 1st SEWIC? Why place it at the end part of the X-SEWIC? The answer might already be in the mind of the reader. This passage, aside from what is telling explicitly, is implying that the X-SEWIC is a contextual and chronological continuation of the 1st SEWIC. They are linkable.

Next Topic:
Fearful Things and Terrors

Last edited:
Reactions: EndTimeWine