For many are called but few chosen

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

So what? There are supposed "Christians" who say all manner of terrible things about Jews.
These are not Jews in the biblical sense. They follow the Talmud and claim to be Pharisees. Jesus kicked them out of Israel for their unbelief and rejection of him, when he abolished circumcision. And only if they accept him as Messiah, will they be reattached.

D

Dave L

The "Jewish Bible" is NOT THE TALMUD!! The Hebrew Scriptures are equivalent to our Old Testament (how do you think we obtained it--from space aliens??). There is no such thing as the "Jewish Bible". The Hebrew Scriptures are called the Tanakh. The Talmud is just a commentary and some rabbis have said that it has far outlived its usefulness. It is pretty weird but few Jews pay any attention to it (and the ones who do are probably Satanists and practitioners of the Kabbalah).
You need to move to Israel and figure things out before assuming too much.

D

Dave L

1) The Lord Jesus did NOT abolish circumcision (recall that Paul circumcised Timothy himself, well after the Resurrection). Physical Jews still live on the earth today--they are the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel. 2) I never said that the children of Jacob are a race. Race is a false construct anyway. All humans are members of the human race. Saying anything more than that is what has led to genocide and "racism". All humans are cross-fertile which makes them members of the same species. There are some variations but the "variations" between "races" involve no more genes than the variations within "races". There is a more profound difference between males and females (the genetic differences involve every cell of the body) than there is between two males of different "races". What you have implied is not only antisemitic but racist as well.
If the did not abolish circumcision, why did the Jews try to kill Paul so many times for teaching against it?

Reactions: Nancy

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the did not abolish circumcision, why did the Jews try to kill Paul so many times for teaching against it?

You make much too much of circumcision. Paul did not teach against circumcision for Jews--he was against forcing Gentile converts to be circumcised.

Reactions: Willie T
D

Dave L

You make much too much of circumcision. Paul did not teach against circumcision for Jews--he was against forcing Gentile converts to be circumcised.
You need to study Jewish history and circumcision before drawing too man conclusions.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And for refuting their physical kingdom beliefs.

Show where Jesus once "refuted" their "physical kingdom beliefs." He merely said in Acts 1:6 that those dates (for the physical Kingdom) were established by God the Father.

D

Dave L

Show where Jesus once "refuted" their "physical kingdom beliefs." He merely said in Acts 1:6 that those dates (for the physical Kingdom) were established by God the Father.
Please consider the spiritual nature of the Kingdom:

“And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Matthew 3:2) (KJV 1900)

“And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.” (Matthew 11:12) (KJV 1900)

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16:28) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.” (1 Corinthians 15:50)

“Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3) (KJV 1900)

“Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:5)

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.” (John 18:36) (KJV 1900)

“And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:” (Luke 17:20) (KJV 1900)

“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21) (KJV 1900)

“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

“because we are not looking at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen. For what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

“Now when the people saw the miraculous sign that Jesus performed, they began to say to one another, “This is certainly the Prophet who is to come into the world.” Then Jesus, because he knew they were going to come and seize him by force to make him king, withdrew again up the mountainside alone.” (John 6:14–15)

“He delivered us from the power of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of the Son he loves,” (Colossians 1:13)

When Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And no one dared to question Him any longer.” (Mark 12:34) (HCSB)

“for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 14:17) (HCSB)

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Give us an overview of Jewish history from the bible. Let's see if you have basic knowledge of this.

I do not respond to hateful people who demand anything. I'm putting you back on ignore. I had you on ignore before but I "un-ignored" you so I could see what you wrote. I'm sorry I did.

D

Dave L

The Bible does NOT teach us to hate the kindred of Our Lord Jesus.
They are unbelievers Christ removed from Israel. And now gentiles who hate Christ as a matter of religion. That is why they exist. The real Jews accepted Christ and became NT Israel. They are in fact Pharisees by their own reckoning.

D

Dave L

I do not respond to hateful people who demand anything. I'm putting you back on ignore. I had you on ignore before but I "un-ignored" you so I could see what you wrote. I'm sorry I did.
I understand why you would rather do this than study.