For those who Love Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have been thinking a lot about ' light ' lately. I brought a book of artwork that depicts different pictures to reflect and meditate on. The first picture was of a lighthouse, in this colourful picture scripture was written in the waves, Sky, rocks surrounding the lighthouse. Jesus being the light, revealing and dispelling the darkness, enabling us to ' see '
It dawned on me that so often I focus on the darkness, within the world and within my life ( well it's been a bit dark of late )
At the same time someone asked me what word I have chosen for this year ( something I use to do every year when I was part of a ministry team ) Mayflower mentioned about 20/20 vision, being that this year is 2020- I decided that my word should be ' Vision ' and my desire this year is to see things more clearly, to focus on what the Lord is revealing ect.
Despite the sadness associated with my children's father passing away, the Lord was in that darkness- he brought about reconciliation between my ex, his children and myself - my ex was never very good at admitting his wrong, but having cancer made him less afraid of being vulnerable, his guard came down and in the last 6weeks of his life we all had heart to heart talks with him. He cried, we cried.
How sad it is that it brings impeding death to do that, how many of us go through life never allowing our guards to come down, never allowing our vunrability to be seen, and never allowing for those words that sometimes need to be spoken to those around us.
God allowed us time as a family to heal - it was an answer to many years of prayer and another confirmation of Romans 8:28 xx
Rita

Hello Rita.
I am SOooo sorry that I have only just seen you lovely post here!

I pray that all your family are now healing well after your loss of Jeff.

We have been thinking of you much..and wish we could have been closer geographically to you all at this time.

Love and hugs xx

Reactions: Butterfly and Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isnt it funny, that one could start a post, and not find a place to put it, because simply Jesus doesnt fit into mans ideas.

Yes I agree, Bible Study is not the right place for it. but there is a place for it.., For the devotional/ testimonial threads...there are the boards called >
Christian Spirituality Forum

This thread would have fit perfectly there ...and been 'safer' from the debaters :)
Maybe @lforrest could move it there for you? Just a thought....ask him. :)
He will see this [post of mine because I tagged him...but he wont do anything unless you ask him, because you started this thread.

I am 'on the run' now today....but I will be back...checking out this thread. :)

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Rita.
I am SOooo sorry that I have only just seen you lovely post here!

I pray that all your family are now healing well after your loss of Jeff.

We have been thinking of you much..and wish we could have been closer geographically to you all at this time.

Love and hugs xx

Why do we not get alerts! I follow both you and @Butterfly (Rita) yet, I rarely get your alerts!! Oh Helen, how I wish we all could be closer to one another in this land. One day, one day we will!
Good word Rita, "vision"! And, very appropriate scripture - Romans 8:28 !
He sure does make all things good to those who love Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do we not get alerts! I follow both you and @Butterfly (Rita) yet, I rarely get your alerts!!

@Nancy I agree...I find I miss many posts and new threads...that is why I tend to quote and also add a tag too. In hope one of them gets into the alerts haha!!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy I agree...I find I miss many posts and new threads...that is why I tend to quote and also add a tag too. In hope one of them gets into the alerts haha!!
Think I will start quoting also...there are so many over just the last year that I come upon that are months old.

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Pearl

This one, and one for you to ponder. Cant remember when I got this one.

The Bell

And so it was that one day, God decided to make Himself a bell, and so He collected all the finest gold, fired it , and spent time fashioning a mould. When the gold was ready, He went above it and made sure He could see His face in it, and He thought to Himself, " this is fine gold and will make a good bell". And so He poured the gold into the mould,. after it cooled He removed the bell from the mould and inspected it, and thought." perfect just as I envisioned it to be", then he took a hammer and rung the bell and it rang true ," Since this is my first I will call it my " Jesus", bell and it will be used as a reference for all the rest,

Then He proceeded to pour the second bell, but in the process some impurity slipt in, so when he removed it from the mould, He thought to Himself.' this looks just like the first," but when He rang the bell, it was not the same, for it was tainted with catholism", and so He poured another, but it became tainted with 7r-th day adventism, and a third but it was, agnostic, and a fourth , but it was coc, then cclc then presbetyrian, and so He poured millions of bells, they all looked like the first but none of them rang true.

Enough He said, then He proceeded to take all the bells, through them back into the vat and wound up the temperature, and as it boiled away, noises came out, division, religion, hate, lust, jealousy, anger, bitterness, but each time a sound came out He just made the fire hotter, and slowly He removed all the impurities from the surface, then He looked and thought, " this is almost ready".

So He took the mould and washed it 7 times and each time He inspected it to make sure it had no defects. The He went above the vat, and looked in, removed the last of the dregs, and waited till the last ripple stilled and. Thought, "as it was before, I can see my face in it",

and so He poured another , then as He removed it , He closely inspected it , and found no imperfections, and then He rang His Jesus bell, and the new bell and they rang in unison, And He thought to Himself",

I am pleased, it is a splitting image of the first, and I cannot pick the difference, and continued pouring more, each time ensuring that they all rang true to the first. "No impurities' not one, they must all look and sound the same; they must all be of one accord".

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl

This one, and one for you to ponder. Cant remember when I got this one.

The Bell

And so it was that one day, God decided to make Himself a bell, and so He collected all the finest gold, fired it , and spent time fashioning a mould. When the gold was ready, He went above it and made sure He could see His face in it, and He thought to Himself, " this is fine gold and will make a good bell". And so He poured the gold into the mould,. after it cooled He removed the bell from the mould and inspected it, and thought." perfect just as I envisioned it to be", then he took a hammer and rung the bell and it rang true ," Since this is my first I will call it my " Jesus", bell and it will be used as a reference for all the rest,

Then He proceeded to pour the second bell, but in the process some impurity slipt in, so when he removed it from the mould, He thought to Himself.' this looks just like the first," but when He rang the bell, it was not the same, for it was tainted with catholism", and so He poured another, but it became tainted with 7r-th day adventism, and a third but it was, agnostic, and a fourth , but it was coc, then cclc then presbetyrian, and so He poured millions of bells, they all looked like the first but none of them rang true.

Enough He said, then He proceeded to take all the bells, through them back into the vat and wound up the temperature, and as it boiled away, noises came out, division, religion, hate, lust, jealousy, anger, bitterness, but each time a sound came out He just made the fire hotter, and slowly He removed all the impurities from the surface, then He looked and thought, " this is almost ready".

So He took the mould and washed it 7 times and each time He inspected it to make sure it had no defects. The He went above the vat, and looked in, removed the last of the dregs, and waited till the last ripple stilled and. Thought, "as it was before, I can see my face in it",

and so He poured another , then as He removed it , He closely inspected it , and found no imperfections, and then He rang His Jesus bell, and the new bell and they rang in unison, And He thought to Himself",

I am pleased, it is a splitting image of the first, and I cannot pick the difference, and continued pouring more, each time ensuring that they all rang true to the first. "No impurities' not one, they must all look and sound the same; they must all be of one accord".

To God, all of us who are in Christ are like him and he has made each one of us holy.

Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behaviour. But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation. Colossians 1:21-22

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've been thinking of faith today. ( I love Hebrews 11)

It seems that -
The measure of peace that we have while under pressure , indicates and shows us of the amount of faith that we actually possess.
The test of faith is always pressures...

I'm still slowing working my way toward the 'unmovable' position, as King David had. Not quite made it yet...I hope I don't run out of road before reaching that 'unmovable' place. :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practicing gratitude is the key, for me, at least, to short circuit pride and self pity. So, when I feel especially “righteous” in my own mind, I can always turn back to the many blessings and corrections God has given me.

Gratitude is the ultimate sobriety

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It seems that -
The measure of peace that we have while under pressure , indicates and shows us of the amount of faith that we actually possess.

I'm still slowing working my way toward the 'unmovable' position, as King David had. Not quite made it yet...I hope I don't run out of road before reaching that 'unmovable' place. :)
Exercise is a bit like that, too much you just make no progress, sometimes you need to take a break, seems to give the body time to adjust, next time you go you find you have gotten stronger.

The wind

Oct 17, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isnt it funny, that one could start a post, and not find a place to put it, because simply Jesus doesnt fit into mans ideas.

So we need a place where those who love Jesus and really desire to know Him can come and speak of the things they have done in there lives, without fear of criticism that seems to abound here.

So please, come, share your testimonies, there are many that need to hear them, for what was it Jesus said

Mat 10:31 Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.
Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
No man can say that Jesus is the Lord but by the Holy Ghost. The understanding of this word is found in the scripture below:

1 Corinthians 2:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Saying you know who Jesus is by the spirit of man that knows not the things of God makes you a liar.

The scripture below gives an example of this:

John 2:23-25 King James Version (KJV)
23 Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

25 And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

The thing that he was referring to that was in man was the spirit of man that does not know the things of God. This is the reason why the scripture says that Jesus did not even receive John's testimony. Remember the Holy Ghost was not yet given at this point.

He that speaks of the spirit of man seeks his own praise, but he that speaks of the Spirit of God the same is true and no lie is in him.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Going off the track a little, I dont and never ever have studied the bible as so many put it, I have read it more or less right through twice but thats nothing to boast of. Only time I ever came close was when a prophetess in a church I went to told me to read all about David there was something I needed to know. So I did, Than in church one day she asked me if i learnt anything and I told her know, nothing. Than while sitting in church I got one of those marvelous Holy Spirit moments, David Loved God and wasnt perfect. So there you go dont need to worry about perfecting myself. As for teh bible, Jesus knows what I need to know, God knows what he would like me to understand so I just listen to them and they make the trail through the gospels for me to follow. They are never wrong.

1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.
1Jn 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.

Just wish people would give Him a go

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ALL things work together for good for them who love God and are the called according to his purpose. “ Rom 8

By now , through experience , we should know that whatever the testing that comes to us , whatever the tribulation , whatever battle we are in, no matter how bad it gets , or how bad it seems ….wee know His love for us and we know that we can confidently trust The Fire.

Fire tests tries , fire refines silver and purifies the gold.

When we see christians falling left and right of us , when we see the church struggling in weakness and with lack of power and discouragement , we see the ‘fire' all around us …but we don’t lose hope , we don’t get upset, we don’t start doubting, for we know Father God is allowing it to purifying and strengthen His people.

We can be confident that everything which is happening is happening for the good of those that it is happening for.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It seems that -

As long as you are moving toward Him, I don't believe you will run out of road

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a very old one...but it still ‘speaks’ to us. And packs a punch ....
=====

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000-member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carrying sub-machine guns. One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are." Immediately, the choir fled, the deacons fled, and most of the congregation fled. Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood, looked at the preacher and said, Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites. Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!"

And the two men turned and walked out.

Reactions: Pisteuo

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ALL things work together for good for them who love God and are the called according to his purpose. “ Rom 8

By now , through experience , we should know that whatever the testing that comes to us , whatever the tribulation , whatever battle we are in, no matter how bad it gets , or how bad it seems ….wee know His love for us and we know that we can confidently trust The Fire.

Fire tests tries , fire refines silver and purifies the gold.

When we see christians falling left and right of us , when we see the church struggling in weakness and with lack of power and discouragement , we see the ‘fire' all around us …but we don’t lose hope , we don’t get upset, we don’t start doubting, for we know Father God is allowing it to purifying and strengthen His people.

We can be confident that everything which is happening is happening for the good of those that it is happening for.

Yes! No matter what is happening in our lives, He will always be faithful. We too are called to drink of the cup: “Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done.” Luke 22:42
We are to thank, praise and worship Him through ALL things, good and bad. :)

Reactions: Helen and mjrhealth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes! No matter what is happening in our lives, He will always be faithful. We too are called to drink of the cup: “Father, if You are willing, take this cup from Me. Yet not My will, but Yours be done.” Luke 22:42
We are to thank, praise and worship Him through ALL things, good and bad. :)
I remember that day, after I found out my wife was leaving me, out in the back yard on my knees, in tears, men are not supposed to cry, I did quiet a bit. I remember saying to Him, what God how can there be a God, what God would do this to a son of His, cant remember too much else, except that I said I know He was there and it will all work out. And im still here. My dad told me he was sitting on His bed with that bit about "willing to forsake all" and Jesus asked Him " are you willing to forsake all"?? And he said yes, and he lost everything, None of God doing, My mum left him too. This happened before I found out He was a christian, thats another story.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I posted this for a friend of ours, and this is who God is

What did you expect. That your life would suddenly get better, the sun would shine on you everyday. A walk with God is like a safari, one day your riding around enjoying the scenery, than the rain is dumped on you, your soaked through, your uncomfortable, it muggy your sweating, than out comes the sun, your clothes are dried, the flowers are in bloom, the birds are chirping, than out the corner comes a roaring lion, your terrified, you dont know whether to run or stand still, your afraid to look away lest he should charge, than the lion turns and runs, and when you turn around you realize you where never alone, your best friend was right there beside you all the time, you where just to busy looking at that what your feared, than on the one who loves you.

And that is what it is like with God every day, God is an adventure if you love adventures.