For those who think Christ is not God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christ God?

• God

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Lesser than God

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • A mere Son/Man of God.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know Jesus is a God. The point I was making is that he is not God. He is one of three Gods in the trinity. The Father the Son and the Holy Ghost. I made that distinction because I have seen people post on this forum that they think there is one God and that God they believe to be Jesus, which is incorrect.
There is only one God with three parts. Just as we ourselves are made in his image of body mind and spirit. The JWs believe that Jesus was just a god and have altered their bibles accordingly.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS God. He is the Word and was in at the beginning. He spoke the word and it was created.

Circular Reasoning. You are leading with your conclusion, make an unwarranted assumption, then pretend the words God spoke were spoken by somebody else. Who said "This is my son in whom I am well pleased?" It was not Jesus speaking these words, the words of God.

John 1:1-4
The Word Became Flesh
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

So how do people argue against that?

The word became flesh, not God. See the difference? And for some reason, trinitarians mistranslate 'this' with 'he.' See John 6:60. It should read 'this word' not 'he word' since words are WHAT's not WHO's.

Why are you assuming the word in John 1:1 refers to Jesus? Do you realize it is inapproproate to use anything in John's Gospel, the most anti-trinitarian book in the whole Bible because of what John himself said at 20:31 - that everything he wrote was to prove something other than the idea that Jesus is God; namely, that Jesus is God’s Anointed. So, it is funny to see trinitarians try to twist 1:1 – and indeed, his entire Gospel - to have a purpose other than what John explicitly stated is the purpose of his Gospel!

John's prologue refers to God, not Jesus, who is not even mentioned until v14. For a better understanding of the argument watch this:

(6493) John's Prologue - Part 1 - YouTube

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I know Jesus is a God. The point I was making is that he is not God.

Can you see how you are contradicting yourself dear Devin?
Christ the Mashiach is NOT "a" God, He IS God..God WITH God in active, intimate, face to face fellowship pros..

1 ἘΝ G1722 ἀρχῇ G746 ἦν G2258 ὁ G3588 λόγος G3056, καὶ G2532 ὁ G3588 λόγος G3056 ἦν G2258 πρὸς G4314 τὸν G3588 Θεὸν G2316, καὶ G2532 Θεὸς G2316 ἦν G2258 ὁ G3588 λόγος G3056.

You should really study the highlighted words, comparing them with Hebrew dictionaries and back to Koine Greek, making notes.

No demon in Hell is going to convince me otherwise so you might as well give up.
J.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
John's prologue refers to God, not Jesus, who is not even mentioned until v14. For a better understanding of the argument watch this:

You are pointing our precious sister @Pearl to YouTube!?
Since you don't correct in a loving manner I would say something is lacking on your part, wouldn't you say?
J.

Reactions: Pearl

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding the OP's question, 'Is Christ God?' The answers should be no or yes.

The title Christ means Messiah which means Anointed. Jesus is anointed by God. Being the Son of God, means he is 'of God' which is how you know he is not God.

Although 'of God' means Jesus is divinely appointed, Acts 17:31 emphasizes that God selected this man. What is emphasised is not merely that Jesus is a man but this man was selected by God. If Jesus were God, this verse would make no sense.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The word became flesh, not God.

You have much to learn, and I say this in a loving way, people are generally lazy, too lazy to study their own bibles but would rather listen to YouTube or any other "BoobTube" on the Internet.
Should the Internet go "lights out" what will you do?
Have you redeem the time? If so, how?
J.

Reactions: Pearl

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word became flesh, not God.

John 1:1
[1]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The Word was God! All of the scripture fits together. If you discard some verses, you have an incomplete picture and thus, a false gospel. Scripture even says that the Word was with God in the beginning. Jesus didn't just pop into existence with the virgin birth.

If you read further in John chapter one, you see even more proof that Jesus is God.

All things were made by Him!
And without Him nothing was made that was made. Scripture names Jesus Christ as the Creator. How can that be? Simple ...He is God and nothing less.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS God. He is the Word and was in at the beginning. He spoke the word and it was created.

John 1:1-4
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.

So how do people argue against that?
Of course we should not argue against the meaning of any scripture if we know what it really means. And what you wrote above, John 1:1-4 ( I believe you meant John 1:1-4 AND 14), is not not what it means at all. I believe you think that Jesus = Word, and it says no such thing. You have been taught this of course. This is the touchstone area for Trinitarians, at least where Jesus and God are forced to be the same. And John never wrote these words or ever suggested that the 'word' could ever be a person. The Greek term for 'word' in this case is logos and it is not a person at all, it is an it, neuter gender. I would ask your pastor or priest if I am right or wrong. Ask him if the Greek transliterated word 'logos' can ever mean a person....you could also look up the word 'logos' and online and see for yourself.

Reactions: Wrangler

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
He is God and nothing less.

Praise God!
let every man be a liar and let God be true!

Job_5:9 Who doeth great things and unsearchable, marvellous things without number;

Job_36:26 Behold, God is great, beyond our knowledge; the number of His years is unsearchable.

Psa_145:3 Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised; and His greatness is unsearchable.

Amen for men and women that would stand up defending the Deity of Christ Jesus
J.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and TLHKAJ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word was God! All of the scripture fits together. If you discard some verses, you have an incomplete picture and thus, a false gospel. Scripture even says that the Word was with God in the beginning. Jesus didn't just pop into existence with the virgin birth.
You are confounding different things. Yes, All of the scripture fits together. 'For us, there is one God, the Father.' 1 COR 8:6, a stronger anti-trinitarian statement is hard to imagine. From this perspective and Jesus own words, you have to look at John 1:1 - Jesus’ own explicit statement is that he has a God (John 20:17), and Jesus’ God is the only true God (John 17:3).

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, all of scripture fits together...

Isaiah 9:6
[6]For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, all of scripture fits together...

Isaiah 9:6
[6]For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

What a surprise, just ignore explicit verses that go against your doctrine.

What in the world makes you think Isaiah 9:6 applies to Jesus?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know Jesus is a God.
The Bible does not teach polytheism -- that Jesus is "a God". Jesus is God. Period. The Father is God. Period. The Holy Spirit is God. Period. This is the Mystery of God the Father and of Christ.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible does not teach polytheism -- that Jesus is "a God". Jesus is God. Period. The Father is God. Period. The Holy Spirit is God. Period. This is the Mystery of God the Father and of Christ.

There really is no mystery to nonsensical contradictions. Jesus’ own explicit statement is that he has a God (John 20:17), and Jesus’ God is the only true God (John 17:3).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what JW's believe...and changed their Interlinears to "a" God..
J.
Perhaps I got that a little wrong, The trinity is clear one God as three persons:

The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from Latin: trinus 'threefold')[1] defines God as being one god existing in three coequal, coeternal, consubstantial divine persons: God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ) and God the Holy Spirit, three distinct persons sharing one homoousion (essence).In this context, the three persons define who God is, while the one essence defines what God is.

But saying Jesus is God is misleading. God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. Jesus can do nothing without the Father's power. See the next post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler