For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 4:12-20 And labour, (this is the work of God John 6:27-29) working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: [13] Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day. [14] I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. [15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. [16] Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. [17] For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church. [18] Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you. [19] But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will, and will know, not the speech of them which are puffed up, but the power. [20] For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power.

ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have you not many fathers:
Deuteronomy 32:30-43 How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, except their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up? (Galatians 3:22-23) [31] For their rock is not as our Rock, even our enemies themselves being judges. [32] For their vine is of the vine of Sodom, and of the fields of Gomorrah: their grapes are grapes of gall, their clusters are bitter: [33] Their wine is the poison of dragons, and the cruel venom of asps. [34] Is not this laid up in store with me, and sealed up among my treasures? [35] To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste. [36] For the Lord shall judge his people, and repent himself for his servants, when he seeth that their power is gone, and there is none shut up, or left. [37] And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted, [38] Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection. [39] See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. [40] For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever. [41] If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. [42] I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. [43] Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.

‘Is not this laid up in store with me, and sealed up among my treasures? [35] To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence;...’ Romans 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Leviticus 26:7-17 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword. [8] And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword. [9] For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you. [10] And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new. [11] And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. [12] And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people. [13] I am the Lord your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright. (Matthew 11:27-30)(Galatians 3:22-23) 14] But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments; [15] And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant: [16] I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it. [17] And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

‘For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you (Given birth)through the gospel. [16] Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.‘

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you. [15] For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

As a son with the father:
Timotheus...Philippians 2:19-22 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state. [20] For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. [21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. [22] But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

‘For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ’s.’ (Romans 1:29) 32...covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

But Timotheus...ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.
Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity(put off the old man and put on the New), which is the bond of perfectness.

‘For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. [21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's’...but let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus...(likeminded) Philippians 2:3-5 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. [4] Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. [5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own...

Hebrews 12:9-10 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

...after their own pleasure
BUT God ...He for our profit.
as a Son with the Father.

Revelation 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Last edited:
Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As a son with the father:
Timotheus...Philippians 2:19-22 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timotheus shortly unto you, that I also may be of good comfort, when I know your state. [20] For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. [21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's. [22] But ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.

‘For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ’s.’ (Romans 1:29) 32...covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: [32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

But Timotheus...ye know the proof of him, that, as a son with the father, he hath served with me in the gospel.
Colossians 3:14 And above all these things put on charity(put off the old man and put on the New), which is the bond of perfectness.

‘For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state. [21] For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's’...but let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus...(likeminded) Philippians 2:3-5 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. [4] Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. [5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

1 Corinthians 13:4-5 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own...

Hebrews 12:9-10 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

...after their own pleasure
BUT God ...He for our profit.
as a Son with the Father.

Revelation 2:27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
@VictoryinJesus Oh, Philippians is truly precious.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he says to leave your father, mother, sister,, children... b.c in heaven all you have is your 'beloved' true love at your side. Of course within God's Kingdom. But i'm not sure.

1 John 4:7 & Mark 10:6-9.

So ..we are the children.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he says to leave your father, mother, sister,, children... b.c in heaven all you have is your 'beloved' true love at your side. Of course within God's Kingdom. But i'm not sure.

Yes, seems like a contradiction there. Still also the ‘hate’ in Luke 14:26 has me returning to it, time and time again. ‘If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.’

A few thoughts. Always heard it is ‘to love less’ but not so sure that is not watering it down to make it more palpable.
Hate Your Parents—or Love Them?
Numerous Greek scholars have added their combined years of study to the discussion to testify that the word “hate” (miseo) in Luke 14:26 does not mean “an active abhorrence,” but means “to love less.”

Where He says ‘the beginning of wisdom is to hate evil’ ...unless I’ve misunderstood it was the same ‘hate’ and it doesn’t fit ‘you most love evil less’, or ‘to hate sin’ ‘you must love sin less’. or those ‘those who hate Me love death’ then watered down would be ‘those who love me less love death’
Proverbs 8:36 Interlinear: And whoso is missing me, is wronging his soul, All hating me have loved death!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In the article link above it mentions Mary. Whom Jesus Christ honored. We quote it ‘nations will call you blessed’ then quote the passage where Mary stood without ...they then coming to tell Jesus Christ his mother and brothers stood without. Then how He said who is My mother and brothers? But wait, God said Mary would be called blessed? Did she not do His will? There she stood without with his brothers ...Did Jesus not go to her? Hebrews 13:12-13 says Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate. [13] Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.

Mary witnessed His suffering and reproach without the gate. They asked for Him, and He indeed came without the gate. Wait, How then is she called blessed?