The 10 Commandments - A Covenant Between God and Israel

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made a covenant between Israel - the ancient people group - the fledgling nation birthed out of Egypt, recorded in Exodus:

Exodus 19:3-8 KJV
3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

This is the covenant. If you do what I tell you, you will be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people.

The Law which follows, including the 10 commandments, are the details of the obedience that was required.

Is there any other contract made between parties that do not include us that we take on ourselves the way some do in this case? I don't tell my neighbor his car is mine, because I too have a loan from the bank, do I? In a word, no. His contract is his contract, and my contract is my contract. Simply stated.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made a covenant between Israel - the ancient people group - the fledgling nation birthed out of Egypt, recorded in Exodus:

Exodus 19:3-8 KJV
3) And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
4) Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
5) Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6) And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
7) And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
8) And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

This is the covenant. If you do what I tell you, you will be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people.

The Law which follows, including the 10 commandments, are the details of the obedience that was required.

Is there any other contract made between parties that do not include us that we take on ourselves the way some do in this case? I don't tell my neighbor his car is mine, because I too have a loan from the bank, do I? In a word, no. His contract is his contract, and my contract is my contract. Simply stated.

Much love!
Yet there are some who desire to be under the same yoke of bondage, of which God gave to a rebellious ppls; the Law given by Moses!

No thank you.
Alex, I'll take GRACE, for life please.

Reactions: Jack and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet there are some who desire to be under the same yoke of bondage, of which God gave to a rebellious ppls; the Law given by Moses!

No thank you.
Alex, I'll take GRACE, for life please.
Do we start paying for our neighbor's car, as if his contract were ours? No. But many try to fulfill Israel's contract with God as though it were theirs.

Much love!

Reactions: Spyder and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do we start paying for our neighbor's car, as if his contract were ours? No. But many try to fulfill Israel's contract with God as though it were theirs.

Much love!
We agree.
So if they reject the "law of liberty", instead living under the law of Moses are they living under grace, or the "schoolmaster" ?
Paul also asked this question in Romans 6:14-23.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We agree.
So if they reject the "law of liberty", instead living under the law of Moses are they living under grace, or the "schoolmaster" ?
Paul also asked this question in Romans 6:14-23.
Law works against our conscience because we know our shortcomings. If we condemn ourselves, where is our faith before God? And if we condemn ourselves, how is it we could be walking in the Spirit? Law was given to govern the flesh, not the spirit.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Law works against our conscience because we know our shortcomings. If we condemn ourselves, where is our faith before God? And if we condemn ourselves, how is it we could be walking in the Spirit? Law was given to govern the flesh, not the spirit.

Much love!
Well said !❤️

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galatians 3:10
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse;

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 22:37-40 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

God's moral law,the 10 commandments, are enshrined in those two commands of Jesus.

Reactions: Spyder and Jack