Forgiveness can only be for Past Sinning.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The zealots are those who insist those who are saved by God's grace can become damned again if they're not careful.
That's a lie.

That is the truth!

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That is the truth!

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:26-29)
No, that's an example of the natural mind unable to understand God's words.

If those who are saved, that's the heavenly gift, are not eternally saved from sins, that means they'd have to crucify again and again the one who died to take away sins, everytime they sinned.

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d said:
Jesus was born a Jew of the line of Abraham to fulfill a promise God made. However He IS, WAS AND WILL EVER BE SINLESSLY PERFECT.
L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d said:
ONCE MORE; I DO NOT; DO NOT BELIEVE IN SINLESS PERFECTION
huh-heh.gif

@robert derrick ,
Now your post shows because I had to copy/paste it.
ironically now that we can see what you were intending to post, "Heh?'' , still applies. :D

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sins upon belief are eternally forgiven.

New wilfull sins after conversion will damn you to the lake of fire.

That is not accurate.
Quote in context and not supposition.

Why have the word that states IF ANY SINS.......if it is forgiven eternally ?

Why do we need an advocate?

Why are the minor sins quoted such as slothfulness, unkindness, wrong thoughts, ect. if it were NOT possible for believers to commit sins?

Why are we instructed to confess your faults to one another that we might pray ?

I could ask you a gazillion questions, but I dont think you can answer in the TRUTH of the word nor in GOD'S face !

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your sins upon belief are eternally forgiven.

New wilfull sins after conversion will damn you to the lake of fire.

The second half is perposterous and I am disappointed. I thought you had progessed so much further in the word !

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could ask you a gazillion questions, but I dont think you can answer in the TRUTH of the word nor in GOD'S face !

I could.

God gave us the truth to contend for it.

Why are you angry with a preacher of righteousness?

Why are we instructed to confess your faults to one another that we might pray ?

To convert those showing fruits of no conversion.

Because:

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin…” (1 John 3:9)

Why do we need an advocate?

To share his good news of salvation to the lost.

Certainly you don’t believe Jesus will be mocked by you in your willful sinning, do you?

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could.

God gave us the truth to contend for it

Why are you angry with a preacher of righteousness?

To be convert those showing fruits of no conversion.

Because:

To share his good news of salvation to the lost.

Certainly you don’t believe Jesus will be mocked by you in your willful sinning, do you?

“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.” (Galatians 6:7-8)

I am not angry with you but your sinless perfection jargon is not the TRUTH in the word.

I think it might do you well to read the verses in context, such as ; why we NEED an advocate.......to share his good news with the lost....balderdash.

We are COMMANDED TO SHARE HIS GOOD NEWS WITH ALL !

An advocate is someone who stands up for your rights and Jesus passes judgment as well by forgiving for he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why we NEED an advocate.......to share his good news with the lost....balderdash.

Then these verses must be “balderdash” to you…

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin” (1 Peter 4:1)

An advocate is someone who stands up for your rights

Jesus will not stand up for you if you mock and trample over him!

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

Christ suffered on the cross a horrible death. Is it too much to ask that you walk in obedience unto righteousness and not stomp some more on him?

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then these verses must be “balderdash” to you…

“Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin” (1 Peter 4:1)

Jesus will not stand up for you if you mock and trample over him!

“Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?” (Hebrews 10:29)

Christ suffered on the cross a horrible death. Is it too much to ask that you walk in obedience unto righteousness?

“Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

You pick and quote out of context. You also have passed judgment to me.

We wont be talking again just so you know.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 13
Mark 4

The OP is a falsehood by its title.
But of course you would say so, because you don't believe it. I have learned you OSAS believers are all the same in one way: since everything is all about faith alone to you, then you only believe what you want to. All your personal spiritual security in life is based solely upon you believing it.

So long as you believe something, that's it.

Having learned this by many proofs of observation, then I am freed from the foolish idea of every correcting any OSAS believer.

When you say things, it's simply because you want to believe it, and there certainly is no arguing with that, is there?

So, I still read what things you people believe, I just don't take it seriously, and the only time I respond is simply a scriptural exercise of correction.

But if what you believe is true at any time, then of course I will agree with it and congratulate you on believing something true about Scripture.

Such as, you no doubt believe Jesus is the Lord and God. Congratulations. So do the devils.

You see? No more endless fruitless arguments and rancour from me. :) I am completely free of such foolish thoughts of correcting what you believe, since it is only because you want to, and you refuse to believe what you don't already like to think about God and yourselves.

Have a nice day. And I look forward to many more wonderful exchanges of information about what you believe.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinlessness is an offense unto you.

You made that clear.

No judgment was involved.

Wickedness must be loved by my enemies.
I have found peace and enjoyment with no frustration in understanding OSAS believers only believe what they want. We can observe what they believe, and we can even correct it Scripturally, but I no more have anything to do with them personally.

When I do engage them, it is strictly professional as a good exercise of Scriptural correction and teaching for ourselves, and any others that may be observing.

And so, in that way, they are become my allies in learning the whole truth of the doctrine of Christ, by showing me how many ways Scripture can be twisted for people to still believe only what they want, while naming the name of Christ.

Afterall, we only answer to the Lord, and only individually one at a time.

I do seek to have a good answer to others, when they are correcting me for my own good, but I have absolutely no foolish thought whatsoever any OSAS believer will ever answer to any correction from the righteous saints in Christ: Once OSAS Always OSAS.

Dittoes for the created christ believers, and the sabbath day commanders, Mariologists, etc...or any other sect of christian religion.

So, God bless you in your good work of Scriptural teaching and correction in righteousness and sound faith, and hopefully this will help relieve you of unnecessary care for what an OSAS believer likes to think about such things. And the righteousness part they certainly do not like to think about at all, much less believe, which is of course why they respond with such vehemence against us when we do so. :)

I mean, how can their be any agreement or hopes of correction with anyone who so obviously hates teaching righteousness, so that the only devils not saved are those declaring to do it, without also sinning with the devil?

I do watch your postings for my own benefit.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla