Forgiveness can only be for Past Sinning.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
+
But of course you would say so, because you don't believe it. I have learned you OSAS believers are all the same in one way: since everything is all about faith alone to you, then you only believe what you want to. All your personal spiritual security in life is based solely upon you believing it.

So long as you believe something, that's it.

Having learned this by many proofs of observation, then I am freed from the foolish idea of every correcting any OSAS believer.

When you say things, it's simply because you want to believe it, and there certainly is no arguing with that, is there?

So, I still read what things you people believe, I just don't take it seriously, and the only time I respond is simply a scriptural exercise of correction.

But if what you believe is true at any time, then of course I will agree with it and congratulate you on believing something true about Scripture.

Such as, you no doubt believe Jesus is the Lord and God. Congratulations. So do the devils.

You see? No more endless fruitless arguments and rancour from me. :) I am completely free of such foolish thoughts of correcting what you believe, since it is only because you want to, and you refuse to believe what you don't already like to think about God and yourselves.

Have a nice day. And I look forward to many more wonderful exchanges of information about what you believe.
I stopped reading your anti-gospel rhetoric as soon as you condemned in your usual style the eternal salvation covenant Jesus died to seal eternally with his blood on the cross.

Salvation is a free irrevocable gift from GOD!

''You'',[impersonal you] natural fallen man unable to understand the things of the spirit , have not a thing to do with it.

God said that. No matter how insistent anti-gospel proponents are, they will never ever overcome God's words and eternal irrevocable truth.
Though God knows they shall try. And God said they shall answer for every blasphemous word.
Except for when they blaspheme God's holy spirit.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let’s put this in full view of scripture:

“…if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:22)

“…I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” (1 Corinthians 9:27)

“…ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:2)

“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

“If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23)

“…no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.” (1 Thessalonians 3:3)

“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16)

“…if we deny him, he also will deny us:” (2 Timothy 2:12)

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

“For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.” (2 Peter 2:20-21)

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude, I quoted Romans to you as well.

And how come none of the inspired writers warned us about heretics “living in Hebrews, Matthew, and James”?

Moreover, why didn’t Matthew and James tell us that their writings would be an abode of heretics?
Notice they pick and choose . YET WE , BY GRACE EMBRACE EVERYTHING in that bible .
These folks actually believe or must believe that somehow the writers of matt , james , hebrews , CONTRADICTED
the other letters . OR they try and make the claim they dont apply to us .
IF they REALLY believed the entire new testament was INSPIRED BY GOD , THEN WHY OMIT or change ANY OF IT .
FOLKS are being decieved . I SAY WE EMBRACE IT ALL . I mean the last time i checked it was written to BELIEVERS .
THUS IT APPLIES TO ALL BELIEVERS whether jew or gentile . FOLKS are always PICKING and CHOOSING
But this aint new . anyone who serves the god of self is always gonna try and create their own doctrine . that is A FACT .
and on the day of the LORD its gonna be a PAINFUL fact for many . I SAY EMBRACE IT ALL . EVERY WORD .
which includes what FOLLOWS every IF .
HAVE you noticed that they always try and bend the scrips , NOT TO SUPPORT WHAT THE SCRIP SAYS
but rather to SUPPORT what , YOU GOT IT , THEIR OWN ACRYONYM or DOCTRINE SAYS . THAT IS BAD NEWS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I haven’t.

The “real” faith of ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED”?

LOL!!

It’s talking to ALL of us.

A warning to continue in the faith enduing to the end!

Everyone alive and breathing at this moment must continue.

It’s not a done deal or else the scriptures would contain no warnings to continue whatsoever.
You do realize that the very man to whom you are typing has actually said , IF one is born again
and then later believes not , THEY STILL SAVED .
NOW how on earth is that possible . WHEN EVEN JOHN says IF THEY COME OUT FROM AMONGST US THEY WERE NEVER TRULY OF US .
THE man cant even keep to his own belief . HE even quoated that IF they come out from amongst us they were never truly of us
THEN SAYS , if one is born again and later believes not THEY STILL saved . NOW HOW ON EARTH does that agree with what EVEN JOHN SAID .
JOHN , just like the others knew and believed IN CHRIST AND they knew IF One continues NOT IN HIM , TO THE END
prepare to wail . YET if i remind them of that , or you remind them of that , THEY SAY WE DONT TRUST IN JESUS .
RATHER ODD , I MEAN JESUS HIMSELF SAYS IT , SO I TRUST IN IT , YET THEY SAY NO ITS NOT POSSIBLE .
RATHER ODD that JESUS even warns HIS OWN to NOT BE DICIEVED for many will come IN HIS NAME
and that HE or she who endures to the END shall be saved . SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THEY DONT TRUST WHAT JESUS HIMSELF SAID .
BUT THEY SAY WE DONT TRUST IN JESUS . SEE THE HYPROCRISY YET .......................

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“…if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.” (Romans 11:22)

“…I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.” (1 Corinthians 9:27)

“…ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.” (1 Corinthians 15:2)

“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

“If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel…” (Colossians 1:23)

“…no man should be moved by these afflictions: for yourselves know that we are appointed thereunto.” (1 Thessalonians 3:3)

“Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.” (1 Timothy 4:16)

“…if we deny him, he also will deny us:” (2 Timothy 2:12)

“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” (Hebrews 10:26-27)

“For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.” (2 Peter 2:20-21)
Very simple to see what it says . BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER , those who teach by the acronym will say ITS NOT POSSIBLE
and thus WE MUST BE NOT UNDERSTANDING IT . NO wonder the bible is so confusing to them . NO wonder they think one must sit
under their scholars to grasp it . YET THEY never know that those scholars ALREADY BELIEVED IN OSAS
and thus THEY TWISTED IT TO FIT OSAS . EXACTLY . I SAY TRUST IN JESUS and that means TAKE HIM AT HIS EVERY WORD
and warning . ITS ALL FOR OUR GOOD TO DO SO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
READ more carefully your verse..

"If you continue in THE FAITH.

"the FAITH"..

What happens then? It says you will be presented holy, and unblameable, and unreproveable in His Sight.. if you continue in "THE FAITH".

And that is a fact.
You will be "Presented" if you are born again, as having continued in the Faith, never being moved away from it.
That's the Judgment seat of Christ., where you will be PRESENTED, if you are born again.

Are you?

So, to meet that very standard, at this PRESENTATION< you have to "never be moved away from THE FAITH".

And you, have been moved from it, as you are teaching AGAINST the Grace of God and the "HOPE" that is "In Christ"
You are teaching WORKS and SELF EFFORT, in place of GOD's Grace.
So, you have not "continued in the REAL FAITH", as you have become Legalistic.
Your gospel is the "gospel of Works', and "self effort" and that is NOT the "REAL FAITH".

So, that verse is talking to you, and other like you that teach self saving LEGALISM.
IF YOU DO WHAT ...................YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE IN THE FAITH . SO how come when we remind folks to do just that
YOU MAKE THE CLAIM WE AINT TRUSTING IN THE FINISHED WORKS OF CHRIST . YOU contradict yourself a lot my friend .
You even said if one is born again and yet later falls away into unbelief they are still saved .
NOT EVEN JOHN would have said that line . HE would have said what it HE said , IF THEY COME OUT FROM amongst us
THEY AINT STILL SAVED as you say , BUT THEY WERE NEVER TRULY OF US . YOU contradict yourself a lot
but OSAS often does contradict itself a lot , SPECIALLY the newer version of said OSAS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, I did see that before.

But I forgot who posted it.

Thanks!
Sounds to me like some folks are trusting in another version of said jesus in an acryomn
BUT NOT IN JESUS HIMSELF . and that is very scary ...................for them .
EVEN JESUS tells the church if philidelphia who was doing much good
TO not let any man TAKE YOUR CROWN . JESUS sounded the same on earth as HE DID from heaven .
AND the apostels all seemed to agree with HIM , cause i see many an IF in many a place .
SO WHOSE TRUSTING IN CHRIST and whose trusting in men . ITS REAL EASY . IF ya contradict the biblcial CHRIST
or the certain warnings even the apostels gave and then later from heaven JESUS GIVES , YOU TRUSTING IN MEN < NOT JESUS .

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
That's a false assertion when you blaspheme and deny the full view of this scripture.

Ephesians 2
8For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9not by works, so that no one can boast. 10For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance as our way of life.a

Romans 8:29-30 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.
“All these things spoke Jesus unto the multitude in PARABLES; and without a parable spoke He not unto them.” Matthew13:34

“But without a PARABLE spoke He not unto them…” Mark 4:34

“This PARABLE spoke Jesus unto them; but they understood not what things they were which He spoke unto them.” John 10:6

“And when He was alone, they that were about Him with the twelve asked of Him the parable. And He said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God, but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables. That seeing they may see, and not perceived: and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted and their sins should be forgiven them. And He said unto them, Know ye not this parable? And how then will you know all parables?” Mark 4:10-13

''This passage tells us that Jesus didn’t want them to understand and He didn’t want to convert them and He didn’t want to save them.

Why would Jesus do that?

Jesus gives the answer Himself:

“And the disciples came, and said unto Him, Why do you speak unto them in parables? He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto YOU to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but unto them it is NOT given.” Matthew 13:10-11''

The word Parable (Parabole in Greek: #3850 in Strong’s Concordance)

means a similitude or (symbolically) fictitious narrative that conveyed a moral truth. The word Proverb (Paroimia in Greek: #3942 in Strong’s Concordance) means essentially the same thing – a fictitious illustration.

“I Speak in Parables So They WON’T Understand.”

John 6:44No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.

It isn't ''Calvinism''. It's God's will and plan. Set forth before the foundation of the world.

The Lambs Book of Life, contains the names of those whom God brought into his grace filled salvation. It was written before the foundation of the world.

Luke 10:20Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Revelation 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

What Does the Bible Say About Lambs Book Of Life?

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Irrevocable: I do love how you guys use your special little theology words. It gives me a tingling in my spine. Intellectualism has always impressed me.

they will never ever overcome God's words and eternal irrevocable truth.
There it is again, twice in one posting. Irrevocable gift and irrevocable truth.

I'm thinking irrevocable is as holy a word to OSAS believers as unconditional.

Though God knows they shall try. And God said they shall answer for every blasphemous word.
Except for when they blaspheme God's holy spirit.

I also get impressed when you OSAS cuddlers get into a huff and puff to preach damnation and hellfire.

I never say what you believe it BLASPHEMOUS!, as though that is somehow going to convince anyone of anything. I just show consistently by Scripture in so many ways how your belief is foolish and false.

However, I don't do it for you anymore, as I said. I simply do it now for the sheer joy of scriptural exercise in refuting it. And so now, I am no more in the frustrating bind of thinking how to properly correct you, since that is not going to happen.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

Faith is not about doing. Faith is about Believing.

What is that Reader? Like, Behold, I am here?

And then if any man shall say to you, Lo, here is Christ; or, lo, he is there; believe him not.

Faith is not about doing. Faith is about Believing.
And so the benefit of the doubt ends.

The faith of Jesus is all about doing. The faith of OSAS is all about believing and talking.

The OSAS knives have come out of the closet, because I allowed James into the conversation:

What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him? Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Imagine a hyper religious person trying to be like Christ, yet they are not yet born again, as a "new creation in Christ".
Millions of people are trying to be like Christ, and yet, are not a "new Creation".

Being like Christ is righteousness of Christ. For OSAS it's hypoer religion. Anything that goes beyond words to actually do something is rabid zealotry to OSAS.

OSAS new creationism: They don't think like they used to, but just do like they used to. They are plenty of new creature inside, while still plenty of old creature outside.

But they can't understand the CROSS, and they do not exist <SPIRITUALLY> as "ONE WITH GOD"< as : "made righteous".

Your cross crucifies any doubting you are saved while sinning for the devil.

Your talk is all about being made righteous, while hating the preaching of doing it.

But the "Blood Atonement" that is what Jesus said is "FINISHED" when He was about to die on the CROSS, is not known to them.

OSAS doctrine of the Finished: Jesus did it all on the cross, and they do nothing on theirs.

See, most believers do not understand that SALVATION is God on the Cross Saving you, and you are saved by God on the Cross, = THROUGH FAITH.

Its a ETERNAL EXCHANGE.
Jesus never knew you thousands of years ago while being crucified on the cross.

He did not exchange His life so you can talk faith, while sinning with the world.

You give God your faith in Christ, and God applies the Sacrifice of Holy Jesus to you, as the "Gift of Salvation".

More christian baby-speak. God doesn't need us to give Him anything but our souls. Our own faith without His righteousness is less than filthy rags. It's just the diaper filth on the rags.

It is His faith that we need, and is given to us to receive into the heart and do.

And that Sacrifice Christ has accomplished on The CROSS is LIFE ETERNAL, FORGIVEN SIN, and The Righteousness of God.

OSAS doctrine speak: No one 'accomplishes' eternal life. No one is forgiven before and while sinning against Jesus, and there is no righteousness of God without doing it.

Behold! A master of many OSAS words.

The Blood Atonement

The blood of the Lamb is for forgiveness of past sins only and for washing us clean from more sinning.

The blood of the Lamb is not red paint to pre-forgive and cover your sins while doing them.

OFAF is false, and the only blood OSAS believes in is that of a bull or a goat.

The BELIEVER is GIFTED from God with all that, as the "gift of Salvation", that you RECEIVE BY FAITH...... and Christ becomes the sin of the BELIEVER, and dies for them all.
See tha EXCHANGE?
That is the DIVINE EXCHANGE.

Oh boy. Back to gifted again. OSAS is all words, and their greatest word of all is 'gifted'. Real people don't talk like that. It's the same as liberals talking about 'inclusiveness'. Weird words used to teach degeneracy.

So, After you are saved by God on the Cross.....

No one is saved by God on the cross Jesus died on. He was the only one on His cross. You weren't there and you have nothing to do with it.

We are saved by Jesus on our own cross, where we die to sinning for His sake, even as He did for our sake.

and then you 'Present your body a living sacrifice" as now you have the correct STATUS as a born again Son/Daughter of God, to be doing "works" and "bearing Fruit".
You do not do that to try to be saved or to try to stay saved.
God doesn't accept a double hearted sacrifice of doing both good and evil, no matter what status you give yourself.

You try to be and stay saved all the time: it's called searing the conscience daily with 'gifted' hot words.

OSAS is all smoke and love of words only:

And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

You do that because you ARE SAVED.
The only thing anyone does because we are saved, is His righteousness.

Last edited: