Forgiving.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Believer in Christ

Dec 17, 2007
Why does it say in the bible that you should not forgive somebody 7 times, but 77 times? this confuses me, and I can't remember where exactly in the bible I read this.
sad.gif

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Matthew 18:22 - Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.70 x 7 = 490.It's just a way of saying that there is no limit in forgiveness, as we should forgive everybody everytime they do wrong to thee.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Believer in Christ

Dec 17, 2007
Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it. I just have one more question. When I do a really bad sin, I feel scared. I feel scared to ask God to forgive my sins, because I'm always asking him of this. I'm confused.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Believer in Christ;30655)
Thank you for the response, I really appreciate it. I just have one more question. When I do a really bad sin, I feel scared. I feel scared to ask God to forgive my sins, because I'm always asking him of this. I'm confused.
Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.The word fear, does not mean to be afraid. We should fear God as in reverance, to respect Him, not to be afraid of the light.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

kalixx

Nov 19, 2007
(Believer in Christ;30655)
I wouldn't worry too much about it, afterall you are not the worst sinner - who happens to be, in his own words
smile.gif
:"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst."( 1 Tim 1:15 ).Do you think that God would rather you didn't ask HIm?
smile.gif