Forum Rules

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Math is and always has been one of my worst subjects. :confused:
Mine too.

I'd say one of the things I've learned is one form of teaching doesn't fit everyone. You can learn more on your own if you know your learning style. Yours is probably close to mine - kinesthetic/tactile. (I am NOT good at sports so don't expect EVERY part to be the same. :D LOL)

learning-styles-nib-9-638.jpg

I'm not super in love with coding or math... LOL. I'd rather just be a homemaker and throw it out the door, but I want some kind of skill to fall back on/gives me emotional security. It does relax me when I have time.

We're studying the 1400s and Columbus is in this part. (I'm homeschooling) My 12-year-old was whining and got bored, so I've included all of the juicy gossip about him being a con. They leave out all of the good stuff in school or people would be super interested.

Nobody ever talks about every store being sold out of black fabric in one city during Abraham Lincoln's death, while people were mourning in the streets, during a time when women were rioting and looting the stores for bread because they were starving to death.

Nobody will tell you that the George Washington cherry tree story was a myth or that Benjamin Franklin was a little bit of a crude sketchy dude.

If you have the whole story and not the school safe parts, you have like the greatest gossip/reality TV show story ever almost every time.

They leave all out all of the good stuff.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mine too.

I'd say one of the things I've learned is one form of teaching doesn't fit everyone. You can learn more on your own if you know your learning style. Yours is probably close to mine - kinesthetic/tactile. (I am NOT good at sports so don't expect EVERY part to be the same. :D LOL)

learning-styles-nib-9-638.jpg

I'm not super in love with coding or math... LOL. I'd rather just be a homemaker and throw it out the door, but I want some kind of skill to fall back on/gives me emotional security. It does relax me when I have time.

We're studying the 1400s and Columbus is in this part. (I'm homeschooling) My 12-year-old was whining and got bored, so I've included all of the juicy gossip about him being a con. They leave out all of the good stuff in school or people would be super interested.

Nobody ever talks about every store being sold out of black fabric in one city during Abraham Lincoln's death, while people were mourning in the streets, during a time when women were rioting and looting the stores for bread because they were starving to death.

Nobody will tell you that the George Washington cherry tree story was a myth or that Benjamin Franklin was a little bit of a crude sketchy dude.

If you have the whole story and not the school safe parts, you have like the greatest gossip/reality TV show story ever almost every time.

They leave all out all of the good stuff.
is gossip good?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it can be....particularly if it is used to feed its desire.
I think if that's your conviction, you should stick with it, but I have to teach US History. I'm just not going to teach it to fit the agenda and I'm going to tell the truth. A lot of our heroes just aren't or they made mistakes, and that's part of a story that belongs in the story. There's no perfect people.

Maybe lying to kids and making them think these were totally perfect people that did amazing things without any imperfections at all is messing them up more by setting impossible standards. They are unrealistic - and we know they weren't, because they weren't all true.

Personally, I think you might be reading into it a little bit too much, but if that's on your heart then you should stick to it. :)

God bless America, but there was only one perfect hero.

Reactions: Hidden In Him