Fragrance of The Holy Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for illuminating another shadow of Christ for me, Mr E.

Christ was the first to be anointed "so that in all things that He may have preeminence" "the stone of stumbling, the rock of offence." "The Man in whom all the fullness of God was well pleased to dwell (house of God)" "truly, i tell you, you will see heaven open and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Can I pull you in a slightly different direction? Jesus was anointed. It was the anointing that made him Jesus- Christ (the anointed). It's a subtle point and easily missed or dismissed. In fact, it's often missed in scripture by those who choose to consider only things they've previously been told or taught and among these things they've been taught this 'shadows of Christ' idea. Please don't take offense.

Jacob saw the heavens opened and those angels of God ascending and descending and thought that physical place to be the house (temple) of God, renaming it from Luz, to Beth-el. Jesus came many centuries later and the spirit that descended upon him came in the form of a dove, and through his teaching we discovered a deeper truth concerning what the house of God is, and it's not a stone, or a temple of many stones, but He dwells in us, and we are His house, His temple, the living stones set one upon another alongside Christ, the cornerstone.

It's interesting to me, fascinating how the stories knit so perfectly together. Only possible when every fact is true, making it possible for every piece to interconnect seamlessly, as told by a Master storyteller/Creator who knows the end at the beginning. It becomes evident as the story unfolds through time, even thousands of years.

Jacob set up a stone, and poured oil on it, anointing a stone with oil as a marker-- a physical monument to act not only as a fixed place on the earth, but also a fixed point in time. He was saying from that moment on, he had a new understanding. He had gained a new perspective. 'The Lord, will be my God' he decided, from that moment on, based on that one experience in dream. The old passed away, and for him-- everything became new.

In Hebrew those monument- sacred stones are called matstsebah. We could think of them as a kind of memorial stone, a monument and marker, yes-- but of a kind. Like tombstones. Grave stones-- marking a place where the old is put off and left behind and a new understanding is come - a physical death, a spiritual awakening. A new perspective.

Jacob's matstsebah was the original head stone. Here lies Jacob bar Issac. Ever-changed.

Reactions: Adam

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im
Can I pull you in a slightly different direction? Jesus was anointed. It was the anointing that made him Jesus- Christ (the anointed). It's a subtle point and easily missed or dismissed. In fact, it's often missed in scripture by those who choose to consider only things they've previously been told or taught and among these things they've been taught this 'shadows of Christ' idea. Please don't take offense.

Jacob saw the heavens opened and those angels of God ascending and descending and thought that physical place to be the house (temple) of God, renaming it from Luz, to Beth-el. Jesus came many centuries later and the spirit that descended upon him came in the form of a dove, and through his teaching we discovered a deeper truth concerning what the house of God is, and it's not a stone, or a temple of many stones, but He dwells in us, and we are His house, His temple, the living stones set one upon another alongside Christ, the cornerstone.

It's interesting to me, fascinating how the stories knit so perfectly together. Only possible when every fact is true, making it possible for every piece to interconnect seamlessly, as told by a Master storyteller/Creator who knows the end at the beginning. It becomes evident as the story unfolds through time, even thousands of years.

Jacob set up a stone, and poured oil on it, anointing a stone with oil as a marker-- a physical monument to act not only as a fixed place on the earth, but also a fixed point in time. He was saying from that moment on, he had a new understanding. He had gained a new perspective. 'The Lord, will be my God' he decided, from that moment on, based on that one experience in dream. The old passed away, and for him-- everything became new.

In Hebrew those monument- sacred stones are called matstsebah. We could think of them as a kind of memorial stone, a monument and marker, yes-- but of a kind. Like tombstones. Grave stones-- marking a place where the old is put off and left behind and a new understanding is come - a physical death, a spiritual awakening. A new perspective.

Jacob's matstsebah was the original head stone. Here lies Jacob bar Issac. Ever-changed.
im not offended, and i appreciate the insight. i'm also not quite sure im ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater though.

Reactions: marks

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
im

im not offended, and i appreciate the insight. i'm also not quite sure im ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater though.

Thanks for the kind response. One has to come to terms with the question of identities. Did they encounter 'a shadowing, "a type of Christ" or Christ. Was his (Jesus') anointing so different than any other, and are you sure.

He came as a baby and grew to be a man. You shouldn't throw either out. But his anointing descended upon him.

Down and up again..... descending and ascending. That part was not of man, but divine.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank you for illuminating another shadow of Christ for me, Mr E.

Christ was the first to be anointed "so that in all things that He may have preeminence" "the stone of stumbling, the rock of offence." "The Man in whom all the fullness of God was well pleased to dwell (house of God)" "truly, i tell you, you will see heaven open and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."
A question.
What is Corpus Christi?

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God made the heavens and the earth. That is to say that He created a spiritual realm, and we know the God is spirit, and God then also created a physical realm. We dwell in both because we are spirits in physical bodies. I mention this because, just like we have physical bodies with different senses, like the sense of smell, we also have spiritual sense, like a sense of smell.

The problem is that to operate those spiritual senses it takes some faith. With faith in Jesus Christ, who is the King over the Kingdom of heaven, we get access to His Kingdom of God and so He gives us spiritual senses, like eyes to see, ears to hear, and a spiritual sense of touch, smell, and taste! Actually we, as spiritual beings, already have been given them, but faith in Him results in faith in Him and His Kingdom so that we start believing that we have them - or do we believe and practice using our spiritual senses?

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

It does not seem that most Christians do not practice using their spiritual senses, nor make it clear to newer Christians that this should be an expected part of normal Christian life. It should be, but I confess, that though I know this I don't use my spiritual senses like I should either. Yet if I do start to operate by faith in the King, Jesus Christ, and thus the Kingdom of God, then I can quickly wind up using my spiritual senses. Yet I have to admit that it is weird, so frankly I usually just go back to operating in the flesh (physical) again. Still, though weird, it is also interesting and He often gets on to my about using my spiritual senses more!

He once told me, "Karl, you wouldn't driving your car around with your eyes closed, so why to you drive you life around without your spiritual eyes and ears?"

So on another day I was drving back from the post office after a hard day of work, when I decided to just open up my spiritual senses. It got weird and interesting very fast:

So as I was driving, I open up to my spiritual senses, wondering what I would pick up. The first thing that caught my attention was a vision of a large red brake caliper on a corvette that was driving next to me. It was like looking at something out of a Disney toons movie. So, I asked the Lord about it and listened. He told me, "Karl, alot of people want to drive around fast in a sporty car, but they don't get the right brakes."

Ok, I got it. If we are not using our spiritual senses, then we don't have the right brakes for the life we are in!! That is why He showed the weird brake vision first.

I kept paying attention, then I smelled a hamburger, and saw a vision of an extremely large sign of a hamburger on a fast-food restaurant. The fast-food restaurant was physical, but the large hamburger sign was a vision. So, I again asked the Lord and He told me that He wanted me to take my wife out for a hamburger when I got home.

I kept paying attention and then a saw smoke, like a forest fire coming from behind a certain peak of the local mountain. The mountain was real, but I realized the smoke was a vision, but it had a very real look to it. I had to look close, to make sure it was just a vision, which it was. Again, I sought the Lord and He started telling me that there was witchcraft and sorcery going on behind that mountain. He was not happy with that.

Like I say, it gets weird using my spiritual senses. Anyway, I got home and took my wife for the hamburger. She was happy, because she was hungry and had been feeling like a hamburger. Yeah, we all get these feelings, like she had, but usually don't connect what we are feeling with the spiritual realm, so we don't usually take our thoughts captive to Jesus Christ to find out what is going on.

Anyway, I told her about what I saw, and we got to the hamburger stand, ordered, and got our food, then noticed that they were having a drawing for a nice red corvette, just like the one I had seen with the brake on it. He is soooo weird! He somehow knew about the drawing for the corvette, had but the vision on that car, then gotten us to that place to confirm the fact that we needed to use our spiritual senses more, so we had the right brake on our lives. It set it all up.

But there is one more part to this story. A few mouths later a forest fire broke out in that exact location. The news had said it started in some cabins that were use as a meeting place. Well - the Lord had told me that He wasn't happy with it. Apparently, He put it on fire. I wonder if anyone other than me got the message?

The point is, that the Lord gave us spiritual senses to go with how we drive our lives. If we don't use them, we can wind up in the wrong place, at the wrong time, and crash and burn! That is what He showed me, and I only had my spiritual senses open for about five minutes on my way home that day.