Freedom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest the world looks at "freedom" as meaning "you can do anything you want."

A Christian definition of "freedom" might be "having no problems."

Is there a way to have no problems?

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would suggest the world looks at "freedom" as meaning "you can do anything you want."

No. Every day has problems. Jesus said so.

Matt 6.34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The proper definition of freedom is the ability to do that which one ought to do.

Doing whatever one wants is not freedom. It's license.

Because of original sin, we are all afflicted with its effects: Darkness of intellect and weakness of will. Therefore, we will have problems, either caused by ourselves or others similarly afflicted.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

The Satanic Bible does exist.

It in, you will find ONE "LAW".

1.) "Do as tho WILT, shall be the whole of the LAW".

= Do as you like, no restrictions.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Every day has problems. Jesus said so.

Matt 6.34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
But is there a way not to let trouble bother you?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Freedom = you can do anything you want--given to all from God, its called free will. If one chooses to love their neighbors or murder their neighbors it was given by Gods free will, not from men killing one another. One can choose to love and listen to God, using their free will. Or they can do the opposite, most do the opposite. Many think they love and listen to God, but Few know him. 99% of all religion on earth is false religion. Men DO NOT give freedom, its a farse they claim to. The blind believe them. They even kill for those promising it or send their children to do so.
In a satan ruled system there are problems for all. Gods kingdom is the cure all.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think of freedom as being free from the consequences of sin because I am born again.

Freedom from something not the freedom to do anything.

Reactions: Rita

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think of freedom as being free from the consequences of sin because I am born again.

Freedom from something not the freedom to do anything.
No one is free from the consequences of sin. There is no sacrifice( Jesus' sacrifice) left for one sins willfully. Heb 10:26--so don't fool yourself. If your teachers teach what you posted-RUN FROM THEM. Those who believe as you will hear these words as judgement-Matt 7:21-23--Get away from me you who work iniquity( willfull sin or practiced sin) i must confess i NEVER even knew you. No matter what they think they did for Jesus. When his words do not match ones teachers words-RUN FROM THEM.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No one is free from the consequences of sin. There is no sacrifice( Jesus' sacrifice) left for one sins willfully. Heb 10:26--so don't fool yourself. If your teachers teach what you posted-RUN FROM THEM. Those who believe as you will hear these words as judgement-Matt 7:21-23--Get away from me you who work iniquity( willfull sin or practiced sin) i must confess i NEVER even knew you. No matter what they think they did for Jesus. When his words do not match ones teachers words-RUN FROM THEM.
I absolutely know that as I am born again I have been set free from the consequences of sin which is spiritual death. I have a new life in Christ for eternity. I am saved from death's hold.

Reactions: Rita

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I absolutely know that as I am born again I have been set free from the consequences of sin which is spiritual death. I have a new life in Christ for eternity. I am saved from death's hold.
You have been lied to.

Prycejosh1987

May 20, 2024
Balsall Heath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think its impossible. Jesus said that a servant is not greater his Master. This means that Jesus constantly battled Satan and surpassed the devils works in His life, with a lot of struggle. I believe Jesus sweating blood was not just because the event at hand but thinking about His life. l believe that prayer is usually a reflection of the past and a plea for help.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think its impossible. Jesus said that a servant is not greater his Master. This means that Jesus constantly battled Satan and surpassed the devils works in His life, with a lot of struggle. I believe Jesus sweating blood was not just because the event at hand but thinking about His life. l believe that prayer is usually a reflection of the past and a plea for help.
Is there a way so that our problems don't bother us?

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a way so that our problems don't bother us?
Jesus said- Luke 9:23-- If anyone wants to come after me, let him disown himself and pick up his torture stake day after day and follow me continually.= Its not easy to actually be a true follower in a satan ruled world. But thanks to God he promises his kingdom rule will be a cure all. Best to keep ones eyes on the prize.

Reactions: Bob Estey