Freewill and Choice have NOTHING to dowith Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Benoni
What is the difference between strong dellussion and a lie?

From Strongs concordance

1) a wandering, a straying about
a) one led astray from the right way, roams hither and thither
2) metaph.
a) mental straying
1) error, wrong opinion relative to morals or religion
B) error which shows itself in action, a wrong mode of acting
c) error, that which leads into error, deceit or fraud

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
It is still God not Satan who caused the person to believe a lie. God is the God of all things be it evil or good so who is your poit.

God created Satan
God cause the fall
God created evil
God created the tree of good and evil.
And Evil spirit from God came upon Saul
this is called the left hand of God

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
It is still God not Satan who caused the person to believe a lie. God is the God of all things be it evil or good so who is your poit.

God created Satan
God cause the fall
God created evil
God created the tree of good and evil.
And Evil spirit from God came upon Saul
this is called the left hand of God

People believed the lie because they refused to seek truth,which was their choice...

God did not create evil...

Job 38:7
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The above verse is God telling Job about the earth,this is before we came to live here and as you should see,we were all happy...

I used that verse to show that there was no evil in us,it was a joyous occasion...

Ezekiel 28:15
Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

The above is talking about satan,he was created perfect he became evil,God did not make him that way

I don't know where you got the idea that God created evil,that is far from the truth,I think you should look at the verses you quoted a little closer..

You are blaming God for everything when its the consequences of our actions(choices)that things are as they are...It's as true now as its always been...

Butch5

Butch5
Oct 24, 2009
Homer Ga.
Benoni---What ever you have a right to your bias opinion I see it totally different. I see you did not address the facts I again quote below? God had a savior long before he had a sinner, "for the lamb was slain from the foundation of the earth".

Again a metaphor, unless you believe that Christ was slain twice, once before the foundation of the world and again at Calvary. The metaphor implies that God knew what would happen and had planned for it ahead of time.

Benoni---It was not little Adam's sin it was God sovereign hand and God willed the fall. Without the fall there would no need for a savior. Adam and Eve would of been God's puppets doing God's will automatically like a programed robot. But no God did not want servants, He desired overcoming Son if you will notice it did happen as God planned at the end if the Bible.

Just because God is sovereign does not mean he causes everything to happen or that he control everything that happens. What you have stated here makes God the the author of evil. If God caused Adam to sin then God would be the one who was responsible for evil, wouldn't that then make God evil and not Adam? If Adam was only doing what God had ordained, then Adam should be praised for obeying God. If what you say were the case then God would be responsible for all of the evil in the world and not Satan. You might want to look more deeply at the meaning of sovereignty.

Benoni---It was God’s choose Adam to sin because God has a greater plan.

Could you please supply some Scripture to support this claim? If not, it is just your opinion.

Benoni---If God did not ordain Adam and Eve’s sin; then He is not all knowing.

This is a non-sequitur. God being all knowing has nothing to do with what He does or does not ordain.

Benoni---It was God lowered Adam from a spirit to a living soul and formed him from dust man.

Again, Scripture please. My Bible says that God created Adam from the does and breathed life into him. It says nothing about lowering a spirit into Adam.

Benoni---It was God who made Adam and Eve innocent; they did not do it them selves.

Agreed

Benoni---It was God who put the tree of good and evil in the garden.

Agreed

Benoni---It was God who put the devil, a man slayer, a murderer, a liar in the garden; God totally knew what he was doing with Adam and Eve.

Scripture please.

Benoni---God is sovereign over all things especially something as big as the fall of all humanity.

Again, sovereignty does not mean one need control everything.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Joe Luna said:
I think trying to figure out freewill versus predestination will ultimately be something that man cannot do. This is a Godly construct.
Yes, that's because they are not mutually exclusive and work in tandem with a relationship much the same as that of space and time which exist in covariance or equilibrium (eg.more space = more time taken for light to travel).

The paradox of God predestining Adam and Eve to have a choice leads us to understand why we simply need to have faith in God's judgement and trust him to provide for our salvation, which every Christian knows He has done.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY

God did not predestining Adam and Eve to have a choice “ But that was not the result of its own choice. It was planned that way by the One who made it.”

(NIRV) Romans 8: 20 The created world was bound to fail. But that was not the result of its own choice. It was planned that way by the One who made it. God planned to set the created world free. He didn't want it to rot away completely. Instead, he wanted it to have the same glorious freedom that his children have

Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You (God) turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.

Stumpmaster said:
Joe Luna said:
I think trying to figure out freewill versus predestination will ultimately be something that man cannot do. This is a Godly construct.
Yes, that's because they are not mutually exclusive and work in tandem with a relationship much the same as that of space and time which exist in covariance or equilibrium (eg.more space = more time taken for light to travel).

The paradox of God predestining Adam and Eve to have a choice leads us to understand why we simply need to have faith in God's judgement and trust him to provide for our salvation, which every Christian knows He has done.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Why Can't Jesus save all is not his blood greater then Adam?

1 Corinthians 15:22-24

22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

(order) Gk Strong’s NT:5001 tagma (tag'-mah); from NT:5021; something orderly in arrangement (a troop), i.e. (figuratively) a series or succession:

If God does not call you, you cannot come.

(Acts 2:39)
"For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and TO ALL THAT ARE AFAR OFF, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."