1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Freewill, or Not

Discussion in 'Non-Christian General Discussion' started by I.O.U, Aug 6, 2022.

1. I.O.U

I.O.U Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Australia
    There are many people who believe God has created every person with freewill. Then there are also people who do not. I would say that the freewill bunch outweighs the non-freewill bunch. But I can see a problem with both sides of the equation. If God has given each human being freewill then how can this God take any action without causing a reaction. (Anything that God does is going to have it's effects on whomever or whatever) Although if God does not take action in the affairs of human beings, then this God is ultimately powerless and will not do anything to change what choices we make (Regardless how much we pray and worship, and believe)

2. ScottA

ScottA Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Freewill was before the foundation of the world (just like the Lamb that was slain). This is the revelation of that freewill, i.e., what is written of it.

3. Prim

Prim Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I.O.U I do think God has always been active in the affairs of mankind more so than man would like to admit or give him credit for. The question of free will and how much the free will of humanity can impose itself upon every aspect of life including the heavenly has its limitations. I do think upon Icarus who upon his much daring did fly much to close to the Sun and did plummet from the heavens as a fiery inferno back to the reality of the Earth.

4. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Prim Interesting that to Christians Philippians 2 says: "It is God that worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure....."

BeyondET likes this.
  5. BeyondET

BeyondET Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    That's a good example of will's..

in verse 21 there was some who chased their own. It seems likely that was their own free will.

21 For they all seek their own, not the things of Jesus Christ.

6. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@BeyondET True spiritual freedom is found in the way of the Perfect Servant of Philippians 2, Who was obedience unto death, even the death of the Cross.

BeyondET likes this.
  7. BeyondET

BeyondET Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    So the saying is not my will be done but yours.

8. I.O.U

I.O.U Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Australia
    "I know I have freewill. Because I don't have a choice about it."

(Christopher Hitchens)

9. I.O.U

I.O.U Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Agnostic
    Australia