from my younger days walking with the LORD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my recent move, I stumbled on some papers of mine from when i was younger. This was one of them that I feel led to share.... Its very personal, kind of like a diary page... I always dreamed of being a writer, But God had other plans... I Hope this helps someone struggling with what I was struggling with at the time. Ignore the youthful arrogance and idealism...

"I awoke one morning to find myself in a maze, The certainties of my youth and the wasted time have led me to a world which does not appreciate who I could be.

This is the story of perhaps a generation of idealists, But I am not one to sell my beliefs to the highest bidder. My Brain and all my knowledge are worth nothing to this world. What must I do to be recognized?

Oh LORD is this my selfish perversion to seek recognition? I am not a master of anything, what is my calling?

Have I done my work in this world or do I have another role? What is next LORD, where do you lead me? I Have thus far been a prisoner of my own decisions, give me the strength to make a decision to follow your will!"

{At this point I put a scripture in there, followed by one little question}

Ecclesiastes 3:9-15
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

"LORD, how can I find satisfaction in my "toil" whenever what I do has a road block?"

I hope this helps any who are feeling a dissatisfaction with where their life is as to where they thought they would be. God has a different plan and he is not slow to fulfill his promise, he just wants us to work for His glory not our own.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In my recent move, I stumbled on some papers of mine from when i was younger. This was one of them that I feel led to share.... Its very personal, kind of like a diary page... I always dreamed of being a writer, But God had other plans... I Hope this helps someone struggling with what I was struggling with at the time. Ignore the youthful arrogance and idealism...

"I awoke one morning to find myself in a maze, The certainties of my youth and the wasted time have led me to a world which does not appreciate who I could be.

This is the story of perhaps a generation of idealists, But I am not one to sell my beliefs to the highest bidder. My Brain and all my knowledge are worth nothing to this world. What must I do to be recognized?

Oh LORD is this my selfish perversion to seek recognition? I am not a master of anything, what is my calling?

Have I done my work in this world or do I have another role? What is next LORD, where do you lead me? I Have thus far been a prisoner of my own decisions, give me the strength to make a decision to follow your will!"

I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

"LORD, how can I find satisfaction in my "toil" whenever what I do has a road block?"

I hope this helps any who are feeling a dissatisfaction with where their life is as to where they thought they would be. God has a different plan and he is not slow to fulfill his promise, he just wants us to work for His glory not our own.
Interesting, I used to do things like that too.

Reactions: David H.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I hope this helps any who are feeling a dissatisfaction with where their life is as to where they thought they would be. God has a differen
plan and he is not slow to fulfill his promise, he just wants us to work for His glory not our own.

I've no idea how long ago this was brother, but you do have a flair for writing, like @Pearl
It seems you were pretty right on back then!
Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: David H. and Pearl