From not in….

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 11:29 (NKJV)
“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This scripture is putting forth, a most pleasant of truths to the heart of man, that is, the finding of rest for one’s soul… The truth being put forth is;

If one has not found rest for the soul, Christ’s yoke has not been taken hold of…

For this truth is a simple yet profound truth, for this truth is an eternal truth, it can get no more greater or, nor any less real, but the experiencing of this truth can… For in the experiencing of this truth will one find their walk with Christ… For this yoke that is to be received from Christ is to save one from their sins, not save one in their sins… So how can this yoke, not only bring freedom from sin, but also rest to the soul?

Because they are fruit of the same tree…

For scripture says if you walk by the Spirit you will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh… This is a shall not, no ambiguity here, it is a will not… For entering into the rest of God is a ceasing from one’s own works, for only own works causes one to sin… Therefore ceasing from one’s own works brings rest to the soul and freedom from sin, both being the fruit of the yoke Christ asks one to take upon themselves…

So in plain and simple terms than, what is this yoke Christ asks one to consciously take upon themselves…

It is a walking by faith…

It is a conscious moment by moment trusting God to manifest His goodness in one’s life.. It is a moment by moment trusting God to manifest righteousness in all circumstances of life, for the manifestation of righteousness at all times is the manifestation of His will at all times… This grandiose desire is beyond human ability to perform and maintain, but not for the faith of the heart turned towards God.. For the faith of the heart turned towards God is walking by the Spirit and walking by the Spirit is the yoke Christ asks one to take on…

Than Christ adds a ‘learn of me’, for a walking with the faith of the heart turned towards God is the open door where the soul learns of Christ…

Be blessed all in the yoke that brings in the learning of Him..…

A fellow servant of His, Not me

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Matthew 11:29 (NKJV)
“Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Yes, disciples are said to be under the yoke of whomever their teacher is. Paul referred to his co-workers as yokefellows/

What is the meaning of the thread title . . .From not in….?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, disciples are said to be under the yoke of whomever their teacher is. Paul refererred to his co-workers as yokefellows/

What is the meaning of the thread title . . .From not in….?

It is from the wording in the OP where it says, we are saved from our sins not in them…

Be blessed in the experiencing of His yoke…

In the Beloved, Not me

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It is from the wording in the OP where it says, we are saved from our sins not in them…

Be blessed in the experiencing of His yoke…

In the Beloved, Not me
Oh. with you being NOT ME, I needed a comma in the title, to read . . . FROM, NOT IN.