Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ants can do damage to plants, and grass. Don’t like them in the garden when picking vegetables. All ants bite, some hurts more than others. We primarily get large mounds in the woods and fields. We have trails through the woods we regularly use and animals in the fields. Step in a pile and they can be all over you in seconds. Fire ants bites could in some instances kill a person.
Does each queen die in the proposed ant war?

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ants can do damage to plants, and grass. Don’t like them in the garden when picking vegetables. All ants bite, some hurts more than others. We primarily get large mounds in the woods and fields. We have trails through the woods we regularly use and animals in the fields. Step in a pile and they can be all over you in seconds. Fire ants bites could in some instances kill a person.
Yes, I have seen fire ants and what they can do! I didn't know your run of the mill ant could do so much damage to vegetation.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does each queen die in the proposed ant war?

I’m not sure. We have several different species that I’ve seen and not researched them all in-depth. Some mounds can quickly get about 12” high and as wide, others small, some seem to take up residence in matted pine needles. Body’s shapes and sizes have a variance. Underground tunnels can be pretty elaborate in size. And sandy loam or clay doesn’t seem to matter.
I believe protecting the queen and hundreds of eggs a primary job of some.
Some get wings at certain times, Some go after plant roots, others the slime trails of other insects, some eat dead spiders, wasps, bees, and rice sprinkled on mounds, if they eat will kill them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I have seen fire ants and what they can do! I didn't know your run of the mill ant could do so much damage to vegetation.

With vegetation, it can also be; one insect is after the parts of the vegetation, roots, leaves, or fruit, and another insect shows up to feast on that insect or it’s eggs. And they all seem to reproduce at incredible rates. Commercial growers use tons of chemicals, and highly doubt the majority of people who buy commercially grown fruits and vegetables wash the outside before eating or know the chemicals are also on the inside of the produce. We use a variety of natural methods.
And yes, fire ants. Just one bite has venom and can sting and blister for several days.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With vegetation, it can also be; one insect is after the parts of the vegetation, roots, leaves, or fruit, and another insect shows up to feast on that insect or it’s eggs. And they all seem to reproduce at incredible rates. Commercial growers use tons of chemicals, and highly doubt the majority of people who buy commercially grown fruits and vegetables wash the outside before eating or know the chemicals are also on the inside of the produce. We use a variety of natural methods.
And yes, fire ants. Just one bite has venom and can sting and blister for several days.
I believe one of my dogs got bit by a couple on his lower back, he LOVED rolling in the warm grass when living on an old farm with all kinds of creatures and insects. He started to act weird then tried to bite at his lower back and of course couldn't reach so I grabbed him and brushed the heck out of him...he had no reactions but I could see a couple white bumps where he was bit. Nasty things they are! I often wonder why God created some things...or maybe it could be all the inbreeding of animals and other things... :oops:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe one of my dogs got bit by a couple on his lower back, he LOVED rolling in the warm grass when living on an old farm with all kinds of creatures and insects. He started to act weird then tried to bite at his lower back and of course couldn't reach so I grabbed him and brushed the heck out of him...he had no reactions but I could see a couple white bumps where he was bit. Nasty things they are! I often wonder why God created some things...or maybe it could be all the inbreeding of animals and other things... :oops:

I do feel bad for the animals bothered by pesky insects. Those fire ants are aggressive!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the US Supreme Court Building has a basketball court on the top floor. They call it the “highest court in the land”. Isn’t that cute.

Happy to know where the people’s tax dollars go, eh?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know the US Supreme Court Building has a basketball court on the top floor. They call it the “highest court in the land”. Isn’t that cute.

Happy to know where the people’s tax dollars go, eh?
Yes, so happy to have accommodated them so well :rolleyes:

Reactions: Taken

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I collect scale heads for help in drawing faces.
Jazzie5-Chip5
full

These are my first female & male heads.​
I'm OK with this

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know elevating heels on footwear was originally made for mens footwear?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
KEEPER- "Hey guys do you think the game'll be abandoned if the fog doesn't lift?
Guys? Guys? Answer me..."

foggy-goal.jpg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For "short" men I presume?
I think it applied to any man.
But also think it was probably moreso a man with wealth could likely afford the cost to have a higher heal.
You know how it used to be. A person’s outside look typically paralleled their bank account. Today people buy on credit, things they can not afford, to impress people they do not know.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it applied to any man.
But also think it was probably moreso a man with wealth could likely afford the cost to have a higher heal.
You know how it used to be. A person’s outside look typically paralleled their bank account. Today people buy on credit, things they can not afford, to impress people they do not know.
How strange and deep seated vanity is. People, always trying to impress other people, many Christians included here! Been there and it's ugly, it's like purposely trying to receive attention that should be ALL going to God. Like a woman who tries to out-do the bride at a wedding! Or, take attention away from her.
Oh to only care about what He thinks about us!