Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How strange and deep seated vanity is. People, always trying to impress other people, many Christians included here! Been there and it's ugly, it's like purposely trying to receive attention that should be ALL going to God. Like a woman who tries to out-do the bride at a wedding! Or, take attention away from her.
Oh to only care about what He thinks about us!

Hey, years ago we went to a very nice furniture store, in our ratty work truck, key word truck, expecting to buy a particular piece of furniture. And dressed in jeans and tee shirt, expecting to haul furniture. We parked in an open space near the front door. We could see half a dozen female sales people near the front door, and watched them scatter as we approached. We walked through the whole store, not one sales person spoke to us. Before we left we went to the customer service counter, where paper-work for a purchase is conducted and name of sales person is recorded for their commission to be accredited to them. So the gal at the counter, asked if we found something we liked, we said yes, and who was our salesperson...none. Oh, she says, let me get you a sales person...We say no, not necessary. Told her at least a half a dozen sales persons did a 180 when they saw us, at the door and in the store. We laid 10K on the counter and said, we had intended to make a purchase, but changed our minds. Maybe she could let every “dodging” sales person, know first thing this morning, each one of them missed out on a hefty commission. And BTW we will never do business with them or suggest for others to do business with them. The gal says....Oh, oh, uh, uh, so sorry, can we.... Uh, no. Have a good day. Watched the sales women huddled together laughing as we left the store. No issue. We we smiled and waved.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, years ago we went to a very nice furniture store, in our ratty work truck, key word truck, expecting to buy a particular piece of furniture. And dressed in jeans and tee shirt, expecting to haul furniture. We parked in an open space near the front door. We could see half a dozen female sales people near the front door, and watched them scatter as we approached. We walked through the whole store, not one sales person spoke to us. Before we left we went to the customer service counter, where paper-work for a purchase is conducted and name of sales person is recorded for their commission to be accredited to them. So the gal at the counter, asked if we found something we liked, we said yes, and who was our salesperson...none. Oh, she says, let me get you a sales person...We say no, not necessary. Told her at least a half a dozen sales persons did a 180 when they saw us, at the door and in the store. We laid 10K on the counter and said, we had intended to make a purchase, but changed our minds. Maybe she could let every “dodging” sales person, know first thing this morning, each one of them missed out on a hefty commission. And BTW we will never do business with them or suggest for others to do business with them. The gal says....Oh, oh, uh, uh, so sorry, can we.... Uh, no. Have a good day. Watched the sales women huddled together laughing as we left the store. No issue. We we smiled and waved.
Wow. They actually laughed. There is zero customer service anymore that I can see. This kind of thing happens in just about every store I have been in since the 90's even, and it only gets worse.
Good for you that you all smiled and waved..hoping it heaped hot coals upon their heads and made them think...I can't imagine the owner would have been very happy!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ Nancy....per the OP...

Did ya’ll know, God does not care what you food you Eat or what clothes you Wear.

Gods concern is about What Truth is in your Heart...
And IF you will take the food he will feed you and the clothing he has prepared for you.

:)

• Haha

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. They actually laughed. There is zero customer service anymore that I can see. This kind of thing happens in just about every store I have been in since the 90's even, and it only gets worse.
Good for you that you all smiled and waved..hoping it heaped hot coals upon their heads and made them think...I can't imagine the owner would have been very happy!

Moreso Snickering when we entered the store....Laughed when we left.
Agree, similar scenarios happens regularly. Poor work training. The Customer, may not always be “right”....however the Customer is the ONLY reason they have a JOB!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know I used microsoft edge to download firefox browser. Aha!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Devin.
Computer tecky jargon is probably my least favorite. Whatever Microsoft edge is, glad it was of help to you... :)
It's the native windows internet browser. Slow performance. So I downloaded one that works better with an ad blocker.

Reactions: Taken