Fun thread....Did you know......(finish the sentence)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I DID NOT KNOW THIS!!!
Owls don't have eyeballs.
What they have instead are better described as eye tubes. Since they can't move these tubes back and forth, owls have developed incredible neck flexibility to be able to see the world around them. They can turn their heads a whopping 270 degrees, whereas humans can only manage about 180.

Owl.jpg
Owl second that.

Reactions: Pearl and Taken

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This one I have known for years.
(Gold, being a 'type' of God's nature. )

*One ounce of gold ( soft metal ) can be stretched for over 50 miles.*
Fun eh...who would have thunk it!
Why don't they use it for road surfacing then?

Reactions: Nancy

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Two origins about safeguards in place so not to be accidentally buried alive..
1. The oldest origin: Old English.....men drank ale from mugs and tankards made of lead and other toxic elements. A few would stagger out of the tavern and lay seemingly 'dead' along the wayside. Unable to get a pulse for many hours they would eventually be laid into grave with a bell next to their side. A volunteer would sit atop next to the grave for several more hours. If they heard the bell ring they would alert those necessary to raised the person from the 'dead.' This is how we got the expression, 'saved by the bell'... if they never heard the bell they pronounced the man dead and he was then buried.
2. During epidemics of the 17th and 18th century some people were accidentally buried alive. So they fashioned an elaborate contraption of strings and pulleys from their head to their toes with bells that would ring if someone was still alive in their grave....same result

Saved by the bell!....

APAK
Burying someone who is alive. They dropped a real clanger there.

Reactions: Nancy and APAK

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you know the U.S.A. has had a bunch of capitols?
Under the Articles of Confederation, from 1781 to 1788, Congress convened in Philadelphia; Princeton, New Jersey; Annapolis, Maryland; Trenton, New Jersey; and New York. Since the U.S. Congress was established by the
Constitution in 1789, it has convened in three locations: New York, Philadelphia, and its permanent home in Washington, D.C.
Yes they all have capitals.

Reactions: Taken