Fundamentalist Christianity is fear-based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You can fool the lukewarm christains , but not a lamb of Christ . My advice is cease the pretense
and if you desire to truly be a christain , Open bible and start learning THAT JESUS , that GOD .
We have minds , and as men our minds are contrary to GOD . We cannot even receive the things of GOD .
I can clearly see you are not truly born again at all . But my prayer is that you will truly submit to GOD and learn From HIM .

The fact is that when I'm at a restaurant, I get hungry after staring at the menu for too long.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's be honest here, some Christians will wonder what Bible you've been reading. They all have 'the KEY'. And I don't mean that in a personal way or anything

A mans wondering does not affect me.
I am well aware of what is Jesus’ Doctrine.
Believe in the Heavenly God and the One God Sent.
And the One God sent IS He who IS the Power to save a mans soul, and quicken a mans spirit, such that Forever that man will live eternally WITH the Lord God Almighty.
Men talk about Christians...
Jesus spoke of Heartful Confessed Belief, Salvation and Conversion by the Power of God.

Men think their Bodily Life is SO Precious to them, they will spend Billions of dollars, on doctors, drugs, treatments, anything to SAVE their corrupt body...
So what IS the most Precious thing to a man? His body’s life.
And the ONE thing, Gods wants a man to Willingly DO?
Give his body unto DEATH, for his Love of God.

Did you know, Every man that IS SAVED, MUST DIE first...
And IS Gods inheritance?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the verse you shared says to obey

Did you know US Government men are NOT Leaders, Rulers...they are elected and appoint SERVANTS of the Citizens?
Too bad the majority of SERVANTS are Unaware they were neither elected or appointed as DICTATORS. :eek:

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why hate your flesh, that's like hating yourself. Flesh is what makes you a human being, you are life and life is beautiful

Flesh doesn’t make you a human.
Your form and internal parts, that make you human.
It is the mans Body that Sins against God.
The Flesh is the part of the Body that IS SEEN, thus that is like SEEING a mans Sin against God, and when SEEN, is a reminder that mans SHAME against God.

The life of your body is BLOOD.
It’s so beautiful....that?
NO Blood Life, shall enter the Kingdom of God.
OOPs.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in other words, slavery is promoted

Slavery was promoted.
Men were to be FREE, their own Master.
But men borrow, use what is not theirs, go into debt, default to repay.
A man who could not repay what he borrowed, was precisely to submit himself to the one he could not repay, as a Servant, Slave, Bondsman...to a Master (he owed), to work for the Master, as the Master decided.

Scripture teaches to NOT borrow.

Animal2692

Apr 22, 2022
Denver
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
A mans wondering does not affect me.
I am well aware of what is Jesus’ Doctrine.
Believe in the Heavenly God and the One God Sent.
And the One God sent IS He who IS the Power to save a mans soul, and quicken a mans spirit, such that Forever that man will live eternally WITH the Lord God Almighty.
Men talk about Christians...
Jesus spoke of Heartful Confessed Belief, Salvation and Conversion by the Power of God.

Men think their Bodily Life is SO Precious to them, they will spend Billions of dollars, on doctors, drugs, treatments, anything to SAVE their corrupt body...
So what IS the most Precious thing to a man? His body’s life.
And the ONE thing, Gods wants a man to Willingly DO?
Give his body unto DEATH, for his Love of God.

Did you know, Every man that IS SAVED, MUST DIE first...
And IS Gods inheritance?

God is nowhere outside, but inside.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is so bad about loving the world? Is love of this world not what we need more of?

First John 2:15-16 says, "Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world." Yet John 3:16 begins, "For God so loved the world. . . ." So, God loves the world, but we are not supposed to? Why the apparent contradiction?

In the Bible, the term world can refer to the earth and physical universe (Hebrews 1:2; John 13:1), but it most often refers to the humanistic system that is at odds with God (Matthew 18:7; John 15:19; 1 John 4:5). When the Bible says that God loves the world, it is referring to the human beings who live here (1 John 4:9). And as His children, we are to love other people (Romans 13:8; 1 John 4:7; 1 Peter 1:22). The parable of the Good Samaritan makes it clear we cannot pick and choose whom to love (Luke 10:30-37).

When we are told not to love the world, the Bible is referring to the world’s corrupt value system. Satan is the god of this world, and he has his own value system contrary to God’s (2 Corinthians 4:4). First John 2:16 details exactly what Satan’s system promotes: the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the boastful pride of life. Every sin imaginable can be summed up in those three evils.

The world is what we leave when we come to Christ. Isaiah 55:7 says that coming to God involves a forsaking of our own ways and thoughts. John Bunyan, in his book The Pilgrim’s Progress, pictures the believer’s position as having “his eyes lift up to heaven,” holding “the best of books” in his hand, and standing with “the world as cast behind him” (p. 34).

The world often applauds sin. Hollywood encourages us to envy sinners and to foolishly compare ourselves with the "beautiful people" (see Proverbs 23:17). Often the popularity of "stars" is due to their ability to stir in us dissatisfaction with our own lives. Advertisers prey on our natural tendency to love this world, and most marketing campaigns appeal in some way to the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, or the pride of life.

Loving the world means being devoted to the world’s treasures, philosophies, and priorities. God tells His children to set their priorities according to His eternal value system. We are to “seek first” God’s kingdom and righteousness (Matthew 6:33). No one can serve two masters (Matthew 6:24), and we cannot be devoted to both God and the world at the same time.

When we enter God’s family through faith in Christ, God gives us the ability to exit the world’s rat race (2 Corinthians 5:17). We become citizens of another kingdom (Philippians 1:27, 3:20). Our desires turn heavenward, and we begin to store up eternal treasure (Luke 12:33; Matthew 19:21; 1 Timothy 6:18-19). We realize that what is truly important is eternal, not temporal, and we stop loving the world.

To continue to love the world the way unbelievers do will cripple our spiritual growth and render us fruitless for God’s kingdom (Matthew 3:8; Luke 6:43-45; John 15:1-8). In John 12:25, Jesus took this thought a step further when He said, "Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." Not loving the world extends to our own lives as well. Jesus said if we love anything more than Him, we are not worthy of Him (Matthew 10:37-38).

In general, the term world in the Bible refers to the evil system controlled by Satan that leads us away from worship of God. John Calvin said, "The human heart is an idol factory." We can make idols out of anything. Any passionate desire of our hearts that is not put there by God for His glory can become an idol (1 Corinthians 10:31). Loving the world is idolatry (1 Corinthians 10:7, 14). So, while we are commanded to love the people of the world, we are to be wary of anything that competes with God for our highest affections.got questions

Reactions: dev553344

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, we are all going to hell in someone's eyes.

Honestly to me the whole idea of heaven and hell is like the carrot and the stick. I cannot wrap my mind around how one could consider themselves to be 'saved without them looking down on anyone else who doesn't believe what they believe. Heaven and hell are two sides of the same coin. There really is no heaven or hell, there is just the coin. I think God is a lot like that, just what is. Unconditional love/freedom. All that truly is, is the here and now. Whether I'm on earth, Mars, heaven, or hell, I am always just 'here'.

True Wisdom is Fear-based.

God wants us to fear Him. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Proverbs 9:10

If Jesus/God is the Truth John 14:6, then whatever one believes to the contrary is not true; thus True Wisdom begins when we begin to familiarize ourselves with God, the Truth about everything.

Everything that is not God, that is contrary to God, is a lie. And the devil is the father of lies.

Does your User Name mean you are an Evolutionist?

P.S. You don't get a lotta likes here, do ya?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is nowhere outside, but inside.
Still pushing your New Age, Hindu, Buddhist nonsense, eh?

I really don't get why people like you spend time in forums, that you don't believe the premise of, at all. I wouldn't waste a second of my day in a satanic forum, or a Hindu, Buddhist forum, etc.

Just here strictly for agenda, huh?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ
It is astounding the number of people whose daily existence is on what someone else OWNS.

People living in homes, they can neither afford to pay for, maintain, own, the multiple vehicles, the same, the merchandise wants, the same, the travel, the same, the groceries, the same....
And at any moment, their “income” shut off, and lenders demand payment or assets.

The “guy existing in debt”, appears to men’s eyes, well to do, wealthy.
The “guy existing without debt”, appears to men’s eyes, sad, poor, AS something that NEEDS “fixing”. :rolleyes: Backwards!

Reactions: GEN2REV

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, we are all going to hell in someone's eyes.

Honestly to me the whole idea of heaven and hell is like the carrot and the stick. I cannot wrap my mind around how one could consider themselves to be 'saved without them looking down on anyone else who doesn't believe what they believe. Heaven and hell are two sides of the same coin. There really is no heaven or hell, there is just the coin. I think God is a lot like that, just what is. Unconditional love/freedom. All that truly is, is the here and now. Whether I'm on earth, Mars, heaven, or hell, I am always just 'here'.

Well if one obeys Jesus and allows teh Holy Spirit to have reign in their heart, they do not look down on anyone.

without being born again all would go to the lake of fire!

So you do not accpet the bible as is written but as you think it should be. You will find out.

Reactions: amigo de christo

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentalism is faith without reason!

The Great rebellion against Christ and His holy church and apostles!

Reject all of sacred and apostolic Tradition who have the authority of Christ! (The holy apostles)

But accept, obey and submit to the tradition of men like those who translated the KJV Bible (and rejected many books and chapters) and the excommunicated heretic luther who invented the five heretical Solas!

Saul
The Jew
Pride
Hatred for Christ and Christians
Heretic
Fundamentalist

Paul
Humble
Saint
Faithful Christian
Love of Christ and Christians

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

So be it with all those who sit in the error of rigorous puritanical fundamentalism!

Including Protestants!

Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

The doctrine of demons has built in vices!

Jn 8:32 the truth shall make you free! So false doctrine shall hold you in bondage!

Spiritual blindness!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

Thy zeal has blinded thee to the truth!

True Christians are humble, obedient and faithful! The just live by faith!

The nature of pride always says no I will not serve, like the father of pride! Pride always protests and lives in rebellion!

The source of truth and the rule of faith is Christ and His church!

To reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ who founded her and commanded her to teach all nations! Matt 16:18 and 28:19 must hear the church Matt 18:17 church is the pillar and ground of truth 1 Tim 3:15

Protestant fundamentalism is
Pure spiritual blindness, thick black scales!

Spiritual anarchy and chaos!

God establishes “peace and order” thru obedience to hierarchical jurisdictional authority!

Peter matt 16:18
The apostles Matt 18:18
Jn 29:21-23 eph 2:20 eph 5:24 eph 5:32
Jn 15:1-5
Apostolic succession acts 1:26

Personifies saul:

A fundamentalist going by spiritual pride, self-righteous private judgement from scripture, or the humility to hear the teaching of Christ through the church of His apostles?
Obedience of faith: rom 16:26
We must be taught by Christ who is the way, the truth, and the life. Jn 14:6
Instructed: Lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Teach all nations: Matt 28:19
He who hears you (the apostles) hears me: lk 10:16
Hear the church: Matt 18:17
Church is the pillar and ground of truth: 1 Tim 3:14
Christ and his church are one, the church is an extension of Christ through the whole world and all time: acts 9:4

Not scripture plus private judgement

But guided by the teaching office of Christ and his church!

Athanasius Creed!
(From the early church)

Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.

Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.

The “Bible alone” is not the rule of faith for Christians!
Or you’re own spiritual pride prejudiced private judgement, but the teaching authority of the apostles!

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Acts 17:11 does not say or mean what you think it does.

They gladly received the teaching of the apostle.

The did not act out of pride, presumption, and arrogance like heretics do.

They did not say we protest and make rebellion against youre teaching unless we find it in scripture!

The teaching authority of the apostles is absolute and without question!

Lk 10:16 he who hears you hears me! Period
Not he who hears you and searches the scripture and uses personal judgement based on pride hears me!

You have no right to use scripture against the church, the church IS the pillar and ground of truth and must be heard! 1 Tim 3:15 matt 18:17 you may search the scriptures to see that it is so!

To question or reject the church or her teaching is to reject Christ! Acts 9:4

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously, and I’m sure could quote scripture to prove it, but was full of pride, presumption, and arrogance, spiritual blindness and the same is true of all heretics! It’s all pride and personal judgement!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fundamentalism is not Christian!
Denys Christian doctrine revealed by God in Christ and taught by the apostolic church!

Fundamentalism is a violation the virtue of generosity!

Minimalists!
Always the absolute Least!
Alone! Solas!
Contrary to the Abundant life of divine providence:
Contrary to reason:

Fundamentalism is not reasonable!
It’s opposed to moderation!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoever desires to be saved must above all hold to the catholic faith.
Anyone who does not keep it whole and entire will doubtless perish eternally.
Not this crap again.
The Bible is the Word of God. Those who 'believe', and understand, that, make The Bible the authority upon the earth. Those who do not, make man, and traditions, the authority.

There is no reality of the Holy Spirit teaching people the Bible aside from Scripture. That is a delusion.

God wrote the Bible, yes - God wrote it, as a very important part of His plan to instruct the Saints via the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. If all that was ever needed was the Spirit, all of the long history, and great travail, of putting the Bible together would have been unnecessary.

That is not the case.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL...Fundamentalism is accepting the knowledge of Scripture for what it says.

Protestant fundamentalism is based on pride, presumption, and arrogance!

LOL...Since your opening statement is a fallacy, you have to take a negative attribute that applies to you and upchuck it against others, as if that make your fallacy have merit. It doesn’t.

LOL...The “Bible alone”, ....a “rule of faith for Christians”, is your own words, you eat them.

The “Bible alone” Is sufficient for hearing/reading Gods Word.
Non-Catholics are aware, “Faith is Gift from God” for hearing/reading Gods Word from and in the Bible....that apparently is a real thorn in a Catholics side.

What “gift are Catholics offered” for hearing/reading a Catholic Catechism manual? Cracker and wine? Enticing!

Last edited: