Fundamentalist Christianity is fear-based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is also the Sacrifice, Savior. Prophet and soon coming King!

Imagine a King who Himself Serves...
Imagine a King who Makes you His son...
Imagine a King who Shares His Throne with you...
:)

Sound like any modern day “man sitting in a seat of authority” whispering secrets of how, by a plethora of underhanded means, to oppress and downsize the population at large?
:oops:

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine a King who Himself Serves...
Imagine a King who Makes you His son...
Imagine a King who Shares His Throne with you...

Sound like any modern day “man sitting in a seat of authority” whispering secrets of how, by a plethora of underhanded means, to oppress and downsize the population at large?
:oops:
sounds like the difference between the Infinite and the finite; when you have everything, you have nothing to lose

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sounds like the difference between the Infinite and the finite; when you have everything, you have nothing to lose

Yes.

In Scripture, we regularly find one speech, with two meanings...
Secularly and Spiritually.
The poor, without possessions.
The poor, without spirit.
The rich, endless possessions.
The rich, quickened spirit with Gods Spirit.

Reactions: Cassandra and prism

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Only One Time has God scared me. I shudder at the memory of it. I thought I was about to be smited on the spot and i had no idea why, and then i felt a reassuring/peaceful feeling and a audible voice gifted me wings. I remember that terrifying feeling well......but the memory puts a smile on my face. Ever since then the spirit has gave me wonderful feelings. That first inital meeting though was something else. Definitely puts "fear of the lord" into perspective for me. *oooooohhh shudders again*****

@AceWestfall08 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." (Proverbs 9.10)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His Spirit continues to reveal to our understanding what is already written.

better read scripture

he founded a church with apostles Matt 16:19 to teach all nations Matt 28:19
And the Holy Spirit leads the apostles into all truth!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Matt 18:17 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20 acts 2:42 1 Tim 3:15

Fundamentalism drives a wedge between Christ and his church, separates Christ from His kingdom, and the authority of Christ from the new covenant!

1 Corinthians 16:22
If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema

Extends to the truth and the church

Cos Christ is the truth and His church teaches the truth without error! Jn 14:6 matt 28:19 matt 18:17 1 Tim 3:15 Jn 29:21-23 Jn 16:13

Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32

Authority of the Apostles!

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission! Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!
They have authority to send others as well, apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!
Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4

Christian rule of faith is not the Bible alone! But the doctrine of the apostles! Acts 2:42

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Catholic Church, "Holy Tradition" is on a par with Scripture. But that is not so, since the only source of God's truth is the Word of God (the Holy Bible). Also the apocryphal books in Catholic bibles are not inspired, yet they have been scrambled with other OT books in the Latin Vulgate and in the Douay-Rheims version. So you need a King James Bible.
God the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.

are you sure it’s the Bible alone?

are you sure the word of God is limited to scripture?

Divine revelation

Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Lk 3:2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

did a book fall out of the sky?

Tradition means teaching authority of Christ in the church by the apostles

2 Thessalonians 2:15
Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

here even scripture came by tradition!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Catholic Church, "Holy Tradition" is on a par with Scripture. But that is not so, since the only source of God's truth is the Word of God (the Holy Bible). Also the apocryphal books in Catholic bibles are not inspired, yet they have been scrambled with other OT books in the Latin Vulgate and in the Douay-Rheims version. So you need a King James Bible.
God the Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth.

dan 13 is scripture inspired read it

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We?
I don’t speak for you.
“I” know the Truth, Because The Truth is “IN” me.

read #146

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

read #146

So? Good for the Apostles.
I am aware the Apostles were Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them....it’s plainly recorded in Scripture.

I am aware men and woman who were not Apostles were Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them....it’s plainly recorded in Scripture.
Good for them.

I am aware of HOW and WHY men and women Become Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them...it’s plainly recorded in Scripture.
Good for them.

I have already testified, HOW and WHY I became Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” me.
Good for me.

Any person with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them have the Same Blessings...Gods Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them.

Christ Jesus founded His Church on Gods Word....Gods Power.
The Cornerstone, The Foundation, The Head, The Rock....Christ Jesus.

Every man Joining Christ Jesus’ Church, is “likened to” stone upon stone upon the Rock who is Christ....
building an invisible House of Prayer and Worship to the invisible God.

Not a big secret, The Apostles were the First to join Christ Jesus’ Church.

Not a big secret, The Apostles joined Christ Jesus’ Church some 2,000+ years ago, and Millions of men and women have subsequently joined Christ Jesus’ Church.

Not sure what news you think you are revealing.
Those things are not news.

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So? Good for the Apostles.
I am aware the Apostles were Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them....it’s plainly recorded in Scripture.

I am aware men and woman who were not Apostles were Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them....it’s plainly recorded in Scripture.
Good for them.

I am aware of HOW and WHY men and women Become Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them...it’s plainly recorded in Scripture.
Good for them.

I have already testified, HOW and WHY I became Blessed with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” me.
Good for me.

Any person with the Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them have the Same Blessings...Gods Holy Spirit of Truth “IN” them.

Christ Jesus founded His Church on Gods Word....Gods Power.
The Cornerstone, The Foundation, The Head, The Rock....Christ Jesus.

Every man Joining Christ Jesus’ Church, is “likened to” stone upon stone upon the Rock who is Christ....
building an invisible House of Prayer and Worship to the invisible God.

Not a big secret, The Apostles were the First to join Christ Jesus’ Church.

Not a big secret, The Apostles joined Christ Jesus’ Church some 2,000+ years ago, and Millions of men and women have subsequently joined Christ Jesus’ Church.

Not sure what news you think you are revealing.
Those things are not news.

It is a waste of time to try to reason with theefaith. He has swallowed the Catholic dogma "hook, line, and sinker" and will spout RCC nonsense over and over and over.

The only thing that can be done is to pray that God will "open the eyes" of Catholics, so that one day they will realize their error and finally see the truth in Christ.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a waste of time to try to reason with theefaith. He has swallowed the Catholic dogma "hook, line, and sinker" and will spout RCC nonsense over and over and over.

The only thing that can be done is to pray that God will "open the eyes" of Catholics, so that one day they will realize their error and finally see the truth in Christ.

Thank you. Past reasoning. Just speaking what I believe.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Christ and his church is the truth!

men claiming the truth by scripture and the spirit must conform to Christ and His church or they are heretics outside the covenant!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
better read scripture

Was your response to what I had written, which was ..."His Spirit continues to reveal to our understanding what is already written."

Where is the difficulty that you would say 'better read scripture'? Or are you trolling?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was your response to what I had written, which was ..."His Spirit continues to reveal to our understanding what is already written."

Where is the difficulty that you would say 'better read scripture'? Or are you trolling?

what you write refers to the apostles
They teach us, “all men” we must be taught
Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what you write refers to the apostles
They teach us, “all men” we must be taught
Matt 28:19 lk 1:4 acts 8:31
Actually you misunderstood what I wrote.
What I wrote was "His Spirit continues to reveal to our understanding what is already written."

What is already written is what the apostles wrote under divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
The Spirit opens our understanding bit by bit to the apostles words.
Perhaps someone needs to read other's posts a bit more careful.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually you misunderstood what I wrote.
What I wrote was "His Spirit continues to reveal to our understanding what is already written."

What is already written is what the apostles wrote under divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
The Spirit opens our understanding bit by bit to the apostles words.
Perhaps someone needs to read other's posts a bit more careful.

Are you referring to John 16:13?

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off, we are all going to hell in someone's eyes.

And, of course "Someone's Opinion" of how things work doesn't mean SPIT.

Simply Put, If you've been Born Again, and indwelled by the holy Spirit, and CLEANSED OF YOUR SIN by faith in the SIN OFFERING of Jesus on the cross, you're good to go.

Honestly to me the whole idea of heaven and hell is like the carrot and the stick.

And YOUR opinion about how things work doesn't mean SPIT either. Have YOU been Cleansed of your SIN or not??

There really is no heaven or hell

Unless there IS, of course, in which case YOUR SPIRITUAL CONDITION when you die is of paramount importance. Is that injectinf FEAR into the issue??? ABSOLUTELY!!!! SPending ETERNITY IN HELL should scare the bejeebers outta you. It did me - ANd it was a BIG PART of the reason I got Born Again (which you can ONLY DO WHEN GOD IS DRAWING YOU with conviction of SIN).

Salvation is a PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP with God. It's not a "Theological thing".