GALATIANS 1:8 WHO IS ACCURSED ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul and Peter were... preaching the same Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is only ONE Gospel of Jesus Christ, and it includes the subject of Christ's coming Kingdom on earth when He returns (Zechariah 14). Many of us have already been over the Scripture proofs for this with you, but you reject them in favor of John Nelson Darby's old Dispensationalist theories.

Peter was actually the first to preach The Gospel to Gentiles (Acts 10). Paul was chosen by Jesus to preach The Gospel also to the children of Israel (Acts 9:15). That Scripture proof alone disproves the theories of men you have chosen to believe. If either one had a different Gospel then those who heard wouldn't know what to believe!

Peter was not preaching the same gospel as Paul in Acts 10.
Peter was still separating Jew and Gentile until God showed him Acts 10:28
Every nation could come to God through Israel Acts 10:35
Peter was preaching what was revealed to the prophets, which was not mystery....He was preaching only to believe on the name of Jesus Acts 10:43
Peter was still commanding baptism Acts 10:48

Paul was not sent to Gentiles only Romans 1:16

Reactions: charity

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul did not preach his gospel where Christ was named Romans 15:20

Need to clean your eyeglasses...

Saul (Paul) after his visit to Ananias...

Acts 9:19-20
19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that He is the Son of God.

KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was not preaching the same gospel as Paul in Acts 10.
Peter was still separating Jew and Gentile until God showed him Acts 10:28
Every nation could come to God through Israel Acts 10:35
Peter was preaching what was revealed to the prophets, which was not mystery....He was preaching only to believe on the name of Jesus Acts 10:43
Peter was still commanding baptism Acts 10:48

Paul was not sent to Gentiles only Romans 1:16

I mentioned Acts 10 about God leading Peter to preach The Gospel to Gentiles. To the Jews, like Peter, The Gospel going to the Gentiles also, certainly WAS about the 'mystery' Paul later spoke of, which the OT prophets first accounted of.

This verifies your doctrine is false...

Acts 11:4-18
4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,
5 "I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, 'Arise, Peter; slay and eat.'
8 But I said, 'Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.'
9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.'
10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.
11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, 'Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.'
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that He said, 'John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.'
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, 'Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.'
KJV

Acts 15:7-11
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, "Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, Which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as He did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
KJV

Acts 15:13-17
13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, "Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16 'After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom My name is called, saith the Lord, Who doeth all these things.'
KJV

You need to quite making up fibs and heed the Word of God as written.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The twelve apostles and all the disciples were not in the body of Christ. They will be raised to enter the kingdom on earth. The twelve will rule over the twelve tribes on earth (Matthew 19:28).
Unfortunately, you are 2000+ years LATE in your thinking! Try not to filter everything I say through your concept of a futuristic 1000 years!
Mat. 19
[28] And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory,
>That took place upon Jesus' Ascension to be with His Father. Since then, He IS SEATED on the right hand of the Father in Heavenly places, and has sent to us His Holy Spirit.

ye also **shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel [which BEGAN on Pentecost for their generation].
> BY EACH of the 12 Disciples, the judgment of the 12 tribes DID take place during their physical lives, by the Gift of the Holy Spirit through the Disciples.
John 3:18 is God's Judgment to the world through Jesus. All Born again Christians, in every generation forward, preach that judgment(John 3:18) to every person who hears the Gospel of Christ.

The generation then of the 12 Tribes heard the judgment of the 12 disciples and decided then, either for Christ or against Christ. Belief or unbelief.
In every generation, the judgment of John 3:18 HAS been going on!!

The SAME now holds true for EVERY Born again Christian who has ever lived, and is living NOW!!
The judgment of John 3:18 is relative for EVERY generation since Pentecost.
Eph. 2[5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)
[6] And hath raised (present tense) us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
The understanding here, of how we sit, is spiritual in nature, being that of and by the Holy Spirit IN CHRIST JESUS...NOW!!

There will be no future judging in a futuristic, literal Millennial KoG on earth of your making!!

Your understanding is by/through your natural mind, and therefore everything you read of scripture is taken literally. You need to digest Isaiah 55:8-9 thoroughly!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I mentioned Acts 10 about God leading Peter to preach The Gospel to Gentiles. To the Jews, like Peter, The Gospel going to the Gentiles also, certainly WAS about the 'mystery' Paul later spoke of, which the OT prophets first accounted of.

This verifies your doctrine is false...

Acts 11:4-18
4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying,
5 "I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me:
6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
7 And I heard a voice saying unto me, 'Arise, Peter; slay and eat.'
8 But I said, 'Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.'
9 But the voice answered me again from heaven, 'What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.'
10 And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven.
11 And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me.
12 And the spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:
13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, 'Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter;
14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.'
15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that He said, 'John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.'
17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, 'Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.'
KJV

Acts 15:7-11
7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, "Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.

8 And God, Which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as He did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.
KJV

Acts 15:13-17
13 And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, "Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16 'After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom My name is called, saith the Lord, Who doeth all these things.'
KJV

You need to quite making up fibs and heed the Word of God as written.

My comments about Act 10 were to show that Peter was not preaching the same gospel as Paul as you contend.....that Peter's preaching reached Gentiles is not disputed.

Reactions: charity

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In answer to the title question:

jehovah's witnesses, mormons, anyone else preaching a false gospel not given by the apostles in the 1st Century.