Galatians 5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Watchwithme

Jul 20, 2012
Good post, and valid points. But may I ask, how do you explain Christ teaching that the law was not abolished? All of the accounts where Christ reiterates the same law when saying 'it is written'? If sin 'is a transgression of the law' and that law is done away with, then by what do we use to discern the bad seeds? By their works, I know, but if we have no law to base our perception on, then what guides our morality?

The law can never be abolished because it is the law that leads to salvation. However when the law has done its job in leading us to Christ, it has done it's job. Does that mean we go on sinning so that grace can abound? By no means!

Romans 5:13 [font=trebuchet ms']For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms']R[/font][font=trebuchet ms']omans 7:9 [/font][font=trebuchet ms']For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.[/font]
Psalm 19:7 [font=trebuchet ms']The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. [/font]