Galatians 5

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Good morning Richard,

I will not comment on the new scriptures you want to inject since I have already said all I am going to say to you

Thank you for the conversation. It has been a pleasure to get you know you a little better.

May the Lord bless you richly, today.

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
You are comdemning your self since you know you still sin.

You just can't seem to get past the religious ideas. Don't you know that those in Christ have already been judged as righteous by faith in the shed blood of Jesus? -- Abraham BELIEVED GOD and it (his believing God) was counted as righteousness before God.

We are no longer judged by the law; we are judge as to whether we have faith in the shed blood of Jesus to reconcile us to God. NOT OF WORKS but believing, having faith, trust, confidence in God's promises of reconcilation thru Jesus' work on the cross just as believing Abraham believed God.

The religious never know if they have done enough to be saved but those that have faith in God's promises in Christ KNOW they are saved.

So you are claiming that you no longer sin in tthe flesh. If you still sin, even a little one, then you are still sinning and your words are false.

What sin do you convict me of, mister almighty Judge?

Matthew 10
25 It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!

You are in the wrong camp. Repent and believe the gospel of Christ.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
What sin do you convict me of, mister almighty Judge?

Matthew 10
25 It is enough for a disciple that he be like his teacher, and a servant like his master. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they call those of his household!

You are in the wrong camp. Repent and believe the gospel of Christ.

I have quoted the scriptures. They are your judge.

1 John 1:8
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
NKJV

You said: "You are in the wrong camp. Repent and believe the gospel of Christ."

You have judged me as not believing in the gospel of Christ. Therefore, to you, I am not a child of God. I thank God that I am not, and will not be, judged by religious men. God has called me clean. Who are you to call me unclean?

I believe the scriptures where it says the gospel of grace was "hidden in God and revealed to Paul for us." I believe that Jesus accomplished all that is necessary for a person to be saved and be made a child of God by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is the work of God.

I bet the religious told Paul he was in the wrong camp too because he said we are no longer judged by the Law of Moses. If I remember correctly they even tried to kill him for it. If a person, from the heart, places their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the work of God on the cross is in your wrong camp then I am certainly in your wrong camp and glad to be there.

Hi Richard,

What makes you say I don't believe James 1:1?

Do you believe what Paul says about Gentiles becoming members of the commonwealth of Israel?

Ephesians 2:11 - 13 Wherefore remember, that ye [being] in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: but now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. ... 19 - 22 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; and are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner [stone]; in whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: in whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

I said it because you think, and say, it was written to those under grace too. When you quote words from James and apply them to the grace church (the body of Christ) you are saying the words are written to us too. Faith without works is dead was the condition of the Jews who did not keep the Law of Moses.

I hope you saw the words "are made nigh by the blood of Christ". It does not say we are made nigh by our works.

I see nothing in the scriptures you quote here that says we are now in the commonwealth of Israel. We are a part of the household of God. We have not become Jews.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Richard,

Are you excluding yourself from Romans 2:28, 29?

This is the only kind of Jew in New Covenant Israel - whether one's first birth was into circumcision made with hands, or uncircumcision (Gentile).

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Hi Richard,

Are you excluding yourself from Romans 2:28, 29?

This is the only kind of Jew in New Covenant Israel - whether one's first birth was into circumcision made with hands, or uncircumcision (Gentile).

Are you???

Romans 2:25-29 --- Circumcision of No Avail
25 For circumcision is indeed profitable if you keep the law; but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision.
26 Therefore, if an uncircumcised man keeps the righteous requirements of the law, will not his uncircumcision be counted as circumcision?
27 And will not the physically uncircumcised, if he fulfills the law, judge you who, even with your written code and circumcision, are a transgressor of the law?
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;
29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.
NKJV

To me, what I see Paul saying is that keeping the Law of Moses does not make a person sinless and that those who profess to keeping the law don't really keep it.

Why, oh why can't the religious see that no one in the flesh is sinless. That the only righteousness that a person can have is that righteousness that is freely given to those who place their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the work of God on the cross; Jesus' shed blood. --- I can't understand why religous men reject the free gift from God and wish to establish their own righteousness thru the law when they know they break the law.

It is because I say I place all my belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the work of God on the cross; Jesus' shed blood that the religious can't seem to see me as a child of God. But that does not bother me because I know I am a child of God. I claim God's promises in Jesus Christ. I am not like the Jews who rejected their Messiah. I will not reject God's new gospel of grace given thru Paul. In all of Paul's letters the way he saw believers is by their faith in God, not by their works of the flesh.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
NKJV

You have judged me as not believing in the gospel of Christ. Therefore, to you, I am not a child of God. I thank God that I am not, and will not be, judged by religious men. God has called me clean. Who are you to call me unclean?

I believe the scriptures where it says the gospel of grace was "hidden in God and revealed to Paul for us." I believe that Jesus accomplished all that is necessary for a person to be saved and be made a child of God by the Holy Spirit. Salvation is the work of God.

I bet the religious told Paul he was in the wrong camp too because he said we are no longer judged by the Law of Moses. If I remember correctly they even tried to kill him for it. If a person, from the heart, places their belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the work of God on the cross is in your wrong camp then I am certainly in your wrong camp and glad to be there.

I said it because you think, and say, it was written to those under grace too. When you quote words from James and apply them to the grace church (the body of Christ) you are saying the words are written to us too. Faith without works is dead was the condition of the Jews who did not keep the Law of Moses.

I hope you saw the words "are made nigh by the blood of Christ". It does not say we are made nigh by our works.

I see nothing in the scriptures you quote here that says we are now in the commonwealth of Israel. We are a part of the household of God. We have not become Jews.

A man is known by his works. Even a child is known by his behaviour. Does a saved murderer still murder? According to you it has no bearing on anything. A murderer who stops murdering would be seeking to be saved by works???

Pro_20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Richard,

i read your posts carefully, and I see no acknowledgement from you that a born again/saved/being saved person is to bring forth fruit to God, in keeping with their status of having been freed from the law of sin and death.

It's possi le this has never been preached to you, so please understand I ask this with an open heart wishing no sense of condemnation towards your conscience. Nevertheless, Jesus Himself taught that we will be known by the fruit of our lives. Therefore, please will you read Matthew 7:12 - 21 and share with us how you understand this to work, in your own experience?

For instance, do you know whether or not you do the will of the Father, or, in what ways is your life showing how faith in Jesus Christ has changed you?

Many thanks.

PS sorry for previous typos. Am writing on a mobile phone. Will be able to quote scripture again in a few hours if I'm still online.

Hi Richard,

i am familiar with Romans 7, but as you know, no doubt, it is followed by Romans 8, where Paul rejoices that he has been freed from the law he describes in Romans 7.

If your old man was crucified with Christ, and you are reckoning yourself dead in Him, then you also are free from the law of sin and death. As you don't make this claim in your posts, but rather major on the inability of the flesh to stop sinning, just exactly what has Christ saved you from to date, in your experience?

Hi Richard,

Sorry for duplication of content (effectively). I REALLY thought I was repkying in a different thread. :huh:

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Hi Richard,

i read your posts carefully, and I see no acknowledgement from you that a born again/saved/being saved person is to bring forth fruit to God, in keeping with their status of having been freed from the law of sin and death.

It's possi le this has never been preached to you, so please understand I ask this with an open heart wishing no sense of condemnation towards your conscience. Nevertheless, Jesus Himself taught that we will be known by the fruit of our lives. Therefore, please will you read Matthew 7:12 - 21 and share with us how you understand this to work, in your own experience?

For instance, do you know whether or not you do the will of the Father, or, in what ways is your life showing how faith in Jesus Christ has changed you?

Many thanks.

PS sorry for previous typos. Am writing on a mobile phone. Will be able to quote scripture again in a few hours if I'm still online.

Hi Richard,

i am familiar with Romans 7, but as you know, no doubt, it is followed by Romans 8, where Paul rejoices that he has been freed from the law he describes in Romans 7.

If your old man was crucified with Christ, and you are reckoning yourself dead in Him, then you also are free from the law of sin and death. As you don't make this claim in your posts, but rather major on the inability of the flesh to stop sinning, just exactly what has Christ saved you from to date, in your experience?

I do the will of God when I place my belief, faith, trust, and confidence in the work of Jesus on the cross. Do you?

Romans chapter 8 does not nulify chaper 7.

The reason I don't include the works of men is that they do not save a person. Since you, seem to think they do then you are saying we are saved by our works and since you think your works save you you are not under grace but under works. You say works don't save a person and then turn around and say a person HAS to have works in oder to be saved. A direct contradiction but you don't wish to see it.

I have been set free of my sins of the flesh, not because of my works but because of the work of God on the cross. Who crucified the old man? Was he crucified by what he does or by faith in the work of God on the cross?

Only man says our flesh nature is changed.

Galatians 3:1-7 - Justification by Faith (cf. Romans 4)
3 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?
2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?
4 Have you suffered so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?
5 Therefore He who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you, does He do it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? —
6 just as Abraham "believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
7 Therefore know that only those who are of faith are sons of Abraham.
NKJV

Answer the question. Are you now being made perfect by the work of your flesh?

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
NKJV

We are His workmanship not our workmanship. The child of God will do good works but certainly not to be saved. The reliogious turn this around and put the works in front for salvation. Sorry that you can't see this. I am not on forums boasting that I have no sin in my life but most on this forum, by what they say, are not only boasting but saying their works are REQUIRED in order to be save by the free gift of salvation by God's grace.

Philippians 3:2-3
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the mutilation!
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,
NKJV

Are you placing your confidence in your flesh to save you by your works?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can you tell if a record is broken? It just keeps playing the same little part over and over again...like a car stuck in a rut. But when the rut is seen as salvation itself...then any help to push him out of it is politely.....or not so politely ...waved off.

Happy motoring...or actualy lack of motoring!!!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Richard,

The good works which He created beforehand for us to 'do' are walked out in the Holy Spirit, not in the flesh.

Now, please tell me how you read Matthew 7:12 - 21?

many thanks. :)

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Hi Richard,

The good works which He created beforehand for us to 'do' are walked out in the Holy Spirit, not in the flesh.

Now, please tell me how you read Matthew 7:12 - 21?

many thanks. :)

I don't because what was said is under the Law of Moses. I am not under the Law of Moses. I am dead to the law.

But you can't tell the difference because you think we are both under the Law and under grace and I believe you can't be under both.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Richard,

Does your reply mean you don't submit to any of the teahings of Jesus Christ to His disciples, because the Old Covenant was still in operation until His death?

If the answer to this is 'yes', then why don't you submit to the teachings of His disciples received after His resurrection, if you believe them to be more reliabke?

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011

NKJV

If you believe that everyone continues to sin after receiving the gift of grace for past sins then you are in the wrong camp and can not help but speak evil of those who are in Christ. Those who are in Christ have no sin because Christ has no sin. Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

Reactions: Episkopos

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Richard,

The fact that James was writing to Israelites who had moved from the Old Covenant, through the blood of the New Covenant, into Christ, does mean that his words apply to what you call 'the grace church'.

Grace is the mode by which we cease to serve sin in the flesh, and start to live out the new man who is 'after God ... created in righteousness and true holiness', (Eph 4) according to Paul's gospel - the power of God unto salvation.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Richard,

The fact that James was writing to Israelites who had moved from the Old Covenant, through the blood of the New Covenant, into Christ, does mean that his words apply to what you call 'the grace church'.

Grace is the mode by which we cease to serve sin in the flesh, and start to live out the new man who is 'after God ... created in righteousness and true holiness', (Eph 4) according to Paul's gospel - the power of God unto salvation.

Amen!

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in (INTO) him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

G1519
εἰς
eis
ice
A primary preposition; to or into (indicating the point reached or entered), of place, time, or (figuratively) purpose (result, etc.); also in adverbial phrases.: - [abundant-] ly, against, among, as, at, [back-] ward, before, by, concerning, + continual, + far more exceeding, for [intent, purpose], fore, + forth, in (among, at unto, -so much that, -to), to the intent that, + of one mind, + never, of, (up-) on, + perish, + set at one again, (so) that, therefore (-unto), throughout, till, to (be, the end, -ward), (here-) until (-to), . . . ward, [where-] fore, with. Often used in composition with the same general import, but only with verbs (etc.) expressing motion (literally or figuratively.

When we believe INTO Christ we then experience His life. As we learn to remain there we remain pure as He is pure. That is the way of the Christian disciple. We are learning to throw off every weight except to carry the glory of God in Jesus...we are learning to remain in Him.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The problem here is obvious. Some have wrongly believed the OSAS doctrine of men which is designed to make a believer on Jesus to think no matter what they do... after having been saved, they still can never fall away.

Our Lord Jesus and His Apostles made very clear the dangers of falling away after having been saved. That means we as believers are... expected to follow Christ and do His work after having been saved, and not simply go back to the ways of this world.

Today's times especially, is not the time to think there's no way to loose Christ's grace by our actions, for the requirement for all nations to bow in false worship to a false messiah is just around the corner.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA
Hi Richard,

Does your reply mean you don't submit to any of the teahings of Jesus Christ to His disciples, because the Old Covenant was still in operation until His death?

If the answer to this is 'yes', then why don't you submit to the teachings of His disciples received after His resurrection, if you believe them to be more reliabke?

What were their teachings after Christ died and to whom were they teaching them?

The teachings of Jesus and the 12 were to the Jews who were under the law. Don't try and tell me He, Jesus, came teaching the Gentile because I know He didn't; He said as much. -- Jesus sent Paul to the Gentile. You like to get answers to questions so answer this one; Did God send Paul to the Gentiles or not? If you say yes then why do you not listen to his teachings?

Jesus spent a lot of His time teaching the Jews that they were not keeping the Law of Moses; they only thought they were. He also spent most of His time trying to get the Jews to see Him as their Messiah king by sihns and wonders. --- All that Jesus Peter and Stephen preached was that Jesus was the promised Messiah and King. So what do you see Him teaching? -- Nowhere do we see Jesus or the 12 teaching that faith in the cross work of Jesus' shed blood on the cross reconciles men to God without the works of the Law of Moses. I suppose I have said this 1,000 times on this forum and still no one will see it.

Jesus, Himself, revealed a gospel of grace that was hidden in God to Paul. Why do people prefere to go back under the Law that Jesus and the 12 were teaching those who were under the Law instead of accepting God's wonderful offer of salvation by faith in Him thru the gospel that Jesus gave to Paul?

If you believe that everyone continues to sin after receiving the gift of grace for past sins then you are in the wrong camp and can not help but speak evil of those who are in Christ. Those who are in Christ have no sin because Christ has no sin. Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

So you claim to be sinless and righteous in the sinful flesh. How do you claim to be sinless in the flesh when you know that you still sin just like I do. You want to give the impression that I must be more sinful than you, but the truth is that you sin just as I do. You are not more righteous in the flesh than I am. You just think you are.

Don't you know that God has said that "if a man says he has no sin the truth is not in him." Since you say you have no sin then the truth is not in --- ACCORDING TO GOD.

The sin in Hebrews 10 is the sin of unbelief in the gospel. If we refuse to believe the gospel after you have heard it you are in sin.

Hi Richard,

See my O.P. about the book of James. It is my answer to you.

The problem here is obvious. Some have wrongly believed the OSAS doctrine of men which is designed to make a believer on Jesus to think no matter what they do... after having been saved, they still can never fall away.

Our Lord Jesus and His Apostles made very clear the dangers of falling away after having been saved. That means we as believers are... expected to follow Christ and do His work after having been saved, and not simply go back to the ways of this world.

Today's times especially, is not the time to think there's no way to loose Christ's grace by our actions, for the requirement for all nations to bow in false worship to a false messiah is just around the corner.

A person can only fall away if they cease to place their faith in God's work on the cross; His shed blood. The only sin that condemns under grace is the sin of unbelief in the gospel that was given to Paul for us.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Amen!

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hello Richard,

Referring to post #157 in this thread:

dragonfly, on 18 July 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

you replied:
What were their teachings after Christ died and to whom were they teaching them?

The teachings of Jesus and the 12 were to the Jews who were under the law. Don't try and tell me He, Jesus, came teaching the Gentile because I know He didn't; He said as much. -- Jesus sent Paul to the Gentile. You like to get answers to questions so answer this one; Did God send Paul to the Gentiles or not? If you say yes then why do you not listen to his teachings?

Jesus spent a lot of His time teaching the Jews that they were not keeping the Law of Moses; they only thought they were. He also spent most of His time trying to get the Jews to see Him as their Messiah king by sihns and wonders. --- All that Jesus Peter and Stephen preached was that Jesus was the promised Messiah and King. So what do you see Him teaching? -- Nowhere do we see Jesus or the 12 teaching that faith in the cross work of Jesus' shed blood on the cross reconciles men to God without the works of the Law of Moses. I suppose I have said this 1,000 times on this forum and still no one will see it.

Jesus, Himself, revealed a gospel of grace that was hidden in God to Paul. Why do people prefere to go back under the Law that Jesus and the 12 were teaching those who were under the Law instead of accepting God's wonderful offer of salvation by faith in Him thru the gospel that Jesus gave to Paul?

'What were their teachings after Christ died and to whom were they teaching them?'

Their teachings were 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for
the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise [Gal 3:29]
is to you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward
generation.' And, 'And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking
of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done
by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their
possessions and goods, and parted them to all, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing
daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness
and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.' Acts 2.

Richard, who do you think Peter meant by those who were 'afar off' v 39?

Do you think Jesus forgot to mention to His disciples that they were to be 'a light to the Gentiles'? Isa 49:6, Matt 12:18, 21, Luke 2:32. Jesus commissioned Paul separately, because he had not been with the others.

(Note to neophyte: Paul was baptised in the Holy Spirit and commissioned by God, not one of the twelve.)

They were first of all preaching to the Jews who had come from all over the world for Passover and Pentecost, who would take back this good news to their home countries, as well as to Israelites of both houses who were present.

'The teachings of Jesus and the 12 were to the Jews who were under the law. Don't try and tell me He, Jesus, came teaching the Gentile because I know He didn't; He said as much. -- Jesus sent Paul to the Gentile. You like to get answers to questions so answer this one; Did God send Paul to the Gentiles or not? If you say yes then why do you not listen to his teachings?'

Now that you mention Gentiles, there were Greeks who came to Him in John 12, and there was the Samaritan woman in John 4 whom He met at Jacob's well while passing through Samaria, and there was the Syro-Phenoecian woman, and from none of them did He withhold the word of life.

Now, about the law: just how well do you think that was working, once the Temple vail had been torn from top to bottom?

I acknowledge that until the Holy Spirit was actually poured out, the New Covenant was as yet unproclaimedpublicly, but as soon as the Holy Spirit came, Peter was able to explain what was going on between God and them.

'Did God send Paul to the Gentiles or not? If you say yes then why do you not listen to his teachings?'

I do listen to Paul's teachings. But God sent Peter to the Gentiles first - before Paul. (Acts 10)

'Jesus spent a lot of His time teaching the Jews that they were not keeping the Law of Moses*; they only thought they were. He also spent most of His time trying to get the Jews to see Him as their Messiah king by sihns and wonders. --- All that Jesus Peter and Stephen preached was that Jesus was the promised Messiah and King. So what do you see Him teaching? -- Nowhere do we see Jesus or the 12 teaching that faith in the cross work of Jesus' shed blood on the cross reconciles men to God without the works of the Law of Moses. I suppose I have said this 1,000 times on this forum and still no one will see it.'

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying,
The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe,
[that] observe and do*; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

There is no difference between the gospel preached by Peter and the others, and Paul, although we can note there seem to have been different gifts and ministries amongst them.

Luke 24:25 Then he [Jesus] said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses
and all the prophets, he expounded to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

44 And he [Jesus] said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you,
that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and the prophets, and
the psalms, concerning me. 45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand
the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and
to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be
preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these
things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem,
until ye be endued with power from on high.

Don't forget Philip expounding Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian eunuch who was on his way home.

Richard, It may be you who don't 'see' that the law of Moses was temporary, until Christ should conquer the sin on the cross, and, bear the wrath of God for our sins, that we might be forgiven through His blood. Heb 10:4

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith,
preached before the gospel unto Abraham, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

This is the original gospel. Rom 4:13

19 Wherefore then [serves] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should
come to whom the promise was made...'

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many;
but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been
baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free,
there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye [be] Christ's,
then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

'Jesus, Himself, revealed a gospel of grace that was hidden in God to Paul. Why do people prefere to go back under the Law that Jesus and the 12 were teaching those who were under the Law instead of accepting God's wonderful offer of salvation by faith in Him thru the gospel that Jesus gave to Paul?'

The grace which was revealed to Paul was not unique to him. If you read his statement, he includes all the other apostles in it. Eph 3:5, backed up by Eph 2:20

I have shown the Bible verses which prove your last question is based on a false premise, but I fully agree with you that a gospel retaining law of Moses is not biblical. The New Covenant is complete in itself.

And with reference to
I said

you replied
See my O.P. about the book of James. It is my answer to you.

I contend that James does mention the gospel, without using the same vocabulary as other NT writers.

For instance:

1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

12 Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive
the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh
down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own
will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

More could be said about which other verses show how James' exhortations line up with truth.

RichardBurger

Jan 23, 2008
Southeast USA

To you their belief is wrong. That does not make it wrong for them; it is only wrong to you. -- But for those that believe in OSAS they are placing their faith in God's promise that they are reconciled to God by the blood of Jesus. Their judge is God; not you. If God calls them clean who are you to say they are not clean?

Hello Richard,

Referring to post #157 in this thread:

'What were their teachings after Christ died and to whom were they teaching them?'

Their teachings were 'Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for
the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise [Gal 3:29]
is to you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward
generation.' And, 'And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking
of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done
by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their
possessions and goods, and parted them to all, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing
daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness
and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people.
And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.' Acts 2.

Richard, who do you think Peter meant by those who were 'afar off' v 39?

Do you think Jesus forgot to mention to His disciples that they were to be 'a light to the Gentiles'? Isa 49:6, Matt 12:18, 21, Luke 2:32. Jesus commissioned Paul separately, because he had not been with the others.

(Note to neophyte: Paul was baptised in the Holy Spirit and commissioned by God, not one of the twelve.)

They were first of all preaching to the Jews who had come from all over the world for Passover and Pentecost, who would take back this good news to their home countries, as well as to Israelites of both houses who were present.

'The teachings of Jesus and the 12 were to the Jews who were under the law. Don't try and tell me He, Jesus, came teaching the Gentile because I know He didn't; He said as much. -- Jesus sent Paul to the Gentile. You like to get answers to questions so answer this one; Did God send Paul to the Gentiles or not? If you say yes then why do you not listen to his teachings?'

Now that you mention Gentiles, there were Greeks who came to Him in John 12, and there was the Samaritan woman in John 4 whom He met at Jacob's well while passing through Samaria, and there was the Syro-Phenoecian woman, and from none of them did He withhold the word of life.

Now, about the law: just how well do you think that was working, once the Temple vail had been torn from top to bottom?

I acknowledge that until the Holy Spirit was actually poured out, the New Covenant was as yet unproclaimedpublicly, but as soon as the Holy Spirit came, Peter was able to explain what was going on between God and them.

'Did God send Paul to the Gentiles or not? If you say yes then why do you not listen to his teachings?'

I do listen to Paul's teachings. But God sent Peter to the Gentiles first - before Paul. (Acts 10)

'Jesus spent a lot of His time teaching the Jews that they were not keeping the Law of Moses*; they only thought they were. He also spent most of His time trying to get the Jews to see Him as their Messiah king by sihns and wonders. --- All that Jesus Peter and Stephen preached was that Jesus was the promised Messiah and King. So what do you see Him teaching? -- Nowhere do we see Jesus or the 12 teaching that faith in the cross work of Jesus' shed blood on the cross reconciles men to God without the works of the Law of Moses. I suppose I have said this 1,000 times on this forum and still no one will see it.'

Matthew 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2 Saying,
The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe,
[that] observe and do*; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

There is no difference between the gospel preached by Peter and the others, and Paul, although we can note there seem to have been different gifts and ministries amongst them.

Luke 24:25 Then he [Jesus] said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? 27 And beginning at Moses
and all the prophets, he expounded to them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

44 And he [Jesus] said unto them, These [are] the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you,
that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and the prophets, and
the psalms, concerning me. 45 Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand
the scriptures, 46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and
to rise from the dead the third day: 47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be
preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 And ye are witnesses of these
things. 49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem,
until ye be endued with power from on high.

Don't forget Philip expounding Isaiah 53 to the Ethiopian eunuch who was on his way home.

Richard, It may be you who don't 'see' that the law of Moses was temporary, until Christ should conquer the sin on the cross, and, bear the wrath of God for our sins, that we might be forgiven through His blood. Heb 10:4

Galatians 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith,
preached before the gospel unto Abraham, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

This is the original gospel. Rom 4:13

19 Wherefore then [serves] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should
come to whom the promise was made...'

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many;
but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ;
that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been
baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free,
there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye [be] Christ's,
then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

'Jesus, Himself, revealed a gospel of grace that was hidden in God to Paul. Why do people prefere to go back under the Law that Jesus and the 12 were teaching those who were under the Law instead of accepting God's wonderful offer of salvation by faith in Him thru the gospel that Jesus gave to Paul?'

The grace which was revealed to Paul was not unique to him. If you read his statement, he includes all the other apostles in it. Eph 3:5, backed up by Eph 2:20

I have shown the Bible verses which prove your last question is based on a false premise, but I fully agree with you that a gospel retaining law of Moses is not biblical. The New Covenant is complete in itself.

And with reference to

I contend that James does mention the gospel, without using the same vocabulary as other NT writers.

For instance:

1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,

12 Blessed [is] the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive
the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh
down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own
will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

More could be said about which other verses show how James' exhortations line up with truth.

Sorry but I disagree with you.