Gays who oppose same sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the controversy about same sex marriage there is one group whose opinions have almost never received any publicity. There are gays who believe the Bible and agree that marriage is to be only between a man and a woman. A group of them have started a blog called spiritualfriendship.org.

http://spiritualfriendship.org/

Spiritual Friendship was created by Ron Belgau and Wesley Hill out of frustration with the prevailing narratives about homosexuality in orthodox Christian circles. We believe that both the focus on political activism against same-sex marriage and the Freudian psychology behind reparative therapy distracted from providing an adequate, Christ-centered pastoral response to LGBT Christians.
We believe in a traditionally Christian sexual ethic: that God created human beings male and female, and that any sexual intimacy outside of a faithful, lifelong marital union of a man and woman is contrary to His plan. But we also believe that marriage is not the only way of life God calls us to, and so we seek to explore different ways of serving God in celibacy. And Christ-centered friendship is, we believe, essential to that task.
In trying to create a new approach to homosexuality, we have drawn on the wisdom found in the broader Christian tradition. We explore God's calling, the nature of the Church, celibacy, our nature as embodied souls, and related topics. Thus, what began as questions addressed to our situation as celibate gay Christians has led to answers which may be of interest to a much larger Christian audience.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Oh how sweet, homosexuals/sodomizers want to pacify "christians" about their perverted lifestyles..satan and his demons are very clever, and will try any angle to pervert "christianity"

sjmopas

Nov 18, 2014
MO
Theophilus,

Thanks for posting this. I checked out the link you posted, read a few articles. I'm still not sure what the site is about, some of the articles seemed vague. There were some statements that I didn't agree with, I think. Again some of the articles seemed unclear to me, I wasn't sure I was understanding the point.

I wonder how extremely liberal homosexuals would respond to one of these folks?

How did you hear about this group?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The gay life style has been popularized by the press and nearly every legitimate institution of America. It has been glamorized, defended and legalized, but not really justified.

Why?

Because the hazards and pitfalls of the gay life style, apart from being forbidden by God in the pages of the Bible, are deliberately suppressed by every outlet of information.
Gay marriage results in gay divorce, but these instances of broken lives in the gay community are kept in the closet - away from the clear light of truth. It is rarely discussed anywhere. It's as though the media and society were denying it happens.

The gay life style is sometimes portrayed as morally superior to the heterosexual life style. In point of fact, the incidences of murder among gay encounters is likewise suppressed from the general population AS WELL AS our youth. It IS DANGEROUS to live the gay life among gays. I know from personal experience. I once had a friend named Peter. We graduated from the same high school. I went into the military and Peter went gay. One day I received a newspaper clipping in the mail from my mother. The newspaper clipping described how Peter had been murdered during an encounter with a gay man. To portray the gay life style as anything other than extremely risky business is to do truth and life a disservice. It is meant to pander to wickedness and crime and the possibility of losing one's life.

The gay MUST deny God in order to continue in his sin, but in so doing he resigns himself to the flames of hell for it is written that no homosexual will see the Kingdom of God.

And when the people of the United States allow this form of debauchery to continue, they aggravate God and His righteousness.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA, HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.
- Shanghai curse August 1937

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...