Gen 3:16 commandment or factual statment?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

yearegods

Nov 18, 2007
As part of the curse of sinning, Eve was told that her husband "shall rule over you". This has been interpreted throughout the centuries as a commandment, the way things are, as they should be, and so on. But it was part of the curse and not a commandment of God's devising. It has been factual, but not commanded. Paul said, "let the women keep silent in the church" and "I suffer not a woman to teach (men)". This has been accepted far more widely than that same Apostle's saying in Gal 3:28 "in Christ Jesus" there is neither "male nor female" for we are one in Christ Jesus. Consequently, half (at least) of the women of the Body have not moved into "sonship" but into "women's place", wherein they are "allowed" to teach Sunday School, even if it consists of males and females (?), and certainly to "take care of the Nursery" and to serve meals. Yet the Apostles devised a method of having certain men (filled with the Holy Spirit) serve the meals to the Hellenic widows, and there is nothing said about their having done "women's work". Artifically mixing Scripture with men's doctrine has created a huge division between men and women in the church. It has caused both men and women to despise the workings of the Holy Spirit in the souls of women, and hindered to who knows what degree the unity of the faith. Some women err by attempting to take on the position of males, which makes them hated or at least looked down upon by both sexes. Some by accepting the "woman's place" as Gospel. There are those also who brave the derision and hindrances and do as the Spirit commands THEM, whether that is being a Proverbs 31 wife and mother or preaching the gospel. It would seem that the subject of "woman's place" would have been a bit of history by now, but it is not, and it would seem it rears its head in many ways, in many forms, and in much discouragement of women who hear the call and at the peril of their own 'sonship' dare not disobey it.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(yearegods;24066)
As part of the curse of sinning, Eve was told that her husband "shall rule over you". This has been interpreted throughout the centuries as a commandment, the way things are, as they should be, and so on. But it was part of the curse and not a commandment of God's devising. It has been factual, but not commanded. Paul said, "let the women keep silent in the church" and "I suffer not a woman to teach (men)". This has been accepted far more widely than that same Apostle's saying in Gal 3:28 "in Christ Jesus" there is neither "male nor female" for we are one in Christ Jesus. Consequently, half (at least) of the women of the Body have not moved into "sonship" but into "women's place", wherein they are "allowed" to teach Sunday School, even if it consists of males and females (?), and certainly to "take care of the Nursery" and to serve meals. Yet the Apostles devised a method of having certain men (filled with the Holy Spirit) serve the meals to the Hellenic widows, and there is nothing said about their having done "women's work". Artifically mixing Scripture with men's doctrine has created a huge division between men and women in the church. It has caused both men and women to despise the workings of the Holy Spirit in the souls of women, and hindered to who knows what degree the unity of the faith. Some women err by attempting to take on the position of males, which makes them hated or at least looked down upon by both sexes. Some by accepting the "woman's place" as Gospel. There are those also who brave the derision and hindrances and do as the Spirit commands THEM, whether that is being a Proverbs 31 wife and mother or preaching the gospel. It would seem that the subject of "woman's place" would have been a bit of history by now, but it is not, and it would seem it rears its head in many ways, in many forms, and in much discouragement of women who hear the call and at the peril of their own 'sonship' dare not disobey it.
Well if a woman wants to know the Truth of God, but the man refuse to teach Truth, but traditions of men. Women has the right to speak Truth. As there was women ministering to Him in bible times.Matthew 27:55 - And many women were there beholding afar off, which followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering unto him:Jag

yearegods

Nov 18, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;24074)
There's a Major Difference between ministering and taking the Pulpit.
In whose mind might there be such a difference? "Taking the pulpit" is a Christian construct not found anywhere is Scripture, just as the idea of a raised platform atop which a group of people sit in big chairs as a sign of their 'status' is a churchified notion. The idea of Jesus "taking a pulpit" is laughable, nor did Paul or any of the others "preach" in the sense that current Churchianity considers preaching. So, perhaps, Unorthodox Christian, you are not quite as "unorthodox" as you might think.

Nov 8, 2007
Why do you think I said there's a difference. Ministering is preaching where ever you go, taking the pulpit is exactly what you said. Sheesh, could you not see that I was making that point. You made my point for me. HALLELUYAH!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Taking what pulpit?
smile.gif
If church is when two (or more) gather together in my name and the woman is ministering to two is that the pulpit????In the later days my sons and daughters will prophesize (teach/preach)