Gender neutral Bible

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're putting qualifiers and what you said which you did not do before.
ERROR, the bible is clear on Husband and Wife at home and the Church....

look I know you're trying to learn, but study, it will help

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're really spinning today.

Just one example to shoot down your thinking.

In marriage there is sex. That is very carnal but the Bible says the marriage bed is holy.

You do not know how to separate spiritual and physical realities per the Bible.

Hebrews 13:4
[4] Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

God’s marriage is Honourable in all, and His marriage bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

So many times Hebrews 13:4 is used to justify “anything goes in the marriage bed”...it is His marriage bed the verse speaks of though. So we are saying “anything goes” in His marriage bed.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not saying that any is right or wrong, but please post the scripture showing that the male gender is any diffrent from the female gender, not anatomically speaking ok.

I think people could go through scripture pointing out all the uses of 'he' or 'she' and if they should hold or not. But I think one of the things that needs to be considered here is the importance, as God gave it, in the differences in the roles of genders.
I'm not talking about supremacy...one being better or more important, I'm talking about how God has laid out humankind and required us to function after his image.
Consider how the Godhead works: God the Father determines...he oversees and holds all. Christ, the word, is God's determination in action. It was he that came, under God's decree to redeem us. And the Spirit, sent by the Father to uphold the works of the Son to bring glory to him, that God may be all in all.
They all have very different roles, roles of headship, roles of 'helper', but they function towards the same essential goal, and they do so with love and perfect fellowship.
When God made both man and woman, he made them "in his image". There is more to this phrase than just the idea of 'visual image'. We share this nature, this relationship functioning between the man and woman that he created us to have. Man and woman each have their strengths and weaknesses, and they are not to be rejected or scoffed at, but supported by the other and made glad that God has created us for this task.
When we attempt to do away with gender, we do away with this 'image' that God has given us, this picture of man and woman working together in harmony to become stronger. It is, essentially, just another way to overthrow God's ultimate rule and plan for us and declare, as we did in the garden, that we know better and are capable of doing a better job.

Reactions: Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we attempt to do away with gender, we do away with this 'image' that God has given us, this picture of man and woman working together in harmony to become stronger.
You are perfectly correct. Gender Neutrality,Transgenderism, homosexuality, etc. are Satanic devices to sow confusion -- physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.

Men and women were meant to complete and complement each other in monogamous, heterosexual, and permanent marriages. However their different roles in the home and in the local assembly (church) are clearly spelled out in Scripture.

But the sad truth is that today Christians are doing the work of Satan with their gender-neutral *bibles* and their attempts to do away with the differences of the roles of men and women. This is another facet of the Great Apostasy.

Reactions: Naomi25

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about supremacy...one being better or more important, I'm talking about how God has laid out humankind and required us to function after his image.
you hit it on the head of the nail but bent it. not saying that you're right or wrong, I agree of the function, but consider this.

the term "Hands", in the hebrew is
H3027 יָד yad (yawd) n-f.
1. a hand (the open one (indicating power, means, direction, etc.), in distinction from H3709, the closed one).
2. used (as noun, adverb, etc.) in a great variety of applications, both literally and figuratively, both proximate and remote

Notice it's a NOUN but "f" FEMALE in Gender. now watch,
Exodus 29:10 "And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock.

hold it. Aaron and his sons are MALES, their "Hands" according toH3027 יָד yad (yawd) n-f. is "FEMALE" in Gender. how can that be. it's the "FUNCTION" of the hands and not the Gender itself.

let's give a morden day example.
Many people use to give their cars a "female" name like nelly bell, but the car is not a "FEMALE". it is the function that's being describe in the naming of the car, because it "CARRIES" like a woman "CARRIES" a child in the womb and bring it forth. so likewise the car carries you from one place to bring you to another place.

so in the hebrew it is describing a "FUNCTION". well males and Females have a "Function to play in sex. simple.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
you hit it on the head of the nail but bent it. not saying that you're right or wrong, I agree of the function, but consider this.

1. a hand (the open one (indicating power, means, direction, etc.), in distinction from H3709, the closed one).
2. used (as noun, adverb, etc.) in a great variety of applications, both literally and figuratively, both proximate and remote

Exodus 29:10 "And thou shalt cause a bullock to be brought before the tabernacle of the congregation: and Aaron and his sons shall put their hands upon the head of the bullock.

hold it. Aaron and his sons are MALES, their "Hands" according toH3027 יָד yad (yawd) n-f. is "FEMALE" in Gender. how can that be. it's the "FUNCTION" of the hands and not the Gender itself.

Many people use to give their cars a "female" name like nelly bell, but the car is not a "FEMALE". it is the function that's being describe in the naming of the car, because it "CARRIES" like a woman "CARRIES" a child in the womb and bring it forth. so likewise the car carries you from one place to bring you to another place.

so in the hebrew it is describing a "FUNCTION". well males and Females have a "Function to play in sex. simple.

Well...perhaps you are correct, and this rather complex chain of reasoning leads us to "function". Or, perhaps you think I "bent it" because you are attempting...way too hard, I personally believe, to look for meanings in scripture that aren't there. Could it be that "hand" means "hand"? And when the bible says Aaron and his sons put their 'hands' on something, that it means that these people put their actual 'hands' on something? Why must it HAVE to have a deeper meaning of gender and function in this particular instance? Nouns are used in the feminine althoughout scripture, just as the other options are, but it rarely is used in a way that is strong enough to make us stop and go "this must be considered female, or male, or neutral for the whole point to be understood". If it were so, those who translate the English copies we have, would have long ago taken that into consideration and it would already be in what we currently read.
I think, rather, we can see, easily, the function God intended for us as male and female from the obvious and open references of male and female made in scripture. We don't need to be digging into the oblique references of the Greek or Hebrew texts looking for the female or male 'usage' of particular words and then wonder at how they may have been used within that culture and then within ours. With God, the simple holds...back then and into now, regardless of language, culture or date.

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The fact is that nobody knows why so many languages classify their nouns by gender. It isn't anything to do with perceived male or female characteristics. Why should 'table' be feminine in French yet masculine in German?

In our modern day we don't give female names just to cars, but to all types of machinery. So it's nothing to do with 'carrying' - it's probably because the first engineers were all men and their machines were temperamental!

Reactions: amadeus and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well...perhaps you are correct, and this rather complex chain of reasoning leads us to "function". Or, perhaps you think I "bent it" because you are attempting...way too hard, I personally believe, to look for meanings in scripture that aren't there. Could it be that "hand" means "hand"? And when the bible says Aaron and his sons put their 'hands' on something, that it means that these people put their actual 'hands' on something? Why must it HAVE to have a deeper meaning of gender and function in this particular instance? Nouns are used in the feminine althoughout scripture, just as the other options are, but it rarely is used in a way that is strong enough to make us stop and go "this must be considered female, or male, or neutral for the whole point to be understood". If it were so, those who translate the English copies we have, would have long ago taken that into consideration and it would already be in what we currently read.
I think, rather, we can see, easily, the function God intended for us as male and female from the obvious and open references of male and female made in scripture. We don't need to be digging into the oblique references of the Greek or Hebrew texts looking for the female or male 'usage' of particular words and then wonder at how they may have been used within that culture and then within ours. With God, the simple holds...back then and into now, regardless of language, culture or date.
First, thanks for the reply,

Second, my reference to bent was on the Godhead only. the other you said, I agree.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact is that nobody knows why so many languages classify their nouns by gender. It isn't anything to do with perceived male or female characteristics. Why should 'table' be feminine in French yet masculine in German?

In our modern day we don't give female names just to cars, but to all types of machinery. So it's nothing to do with 'carrying' - it's probably because the first engineers were all men and their machines were temperamental!
Correct. it's not God, but man. but remember, God gave man dominion here on earth. and we made languages. but there is one language man cannot make a mistake on... LOVE, the agape LOVE. no matter what language one speak, or color of one's skin, or the level of one's education, or the money or lack of it one has. LOVE speak a universal Language. LOVE overcomes all.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, thanks for the reply,

Second, my reference to bent was on the Godhead only. the other you said, I agree.

Okay. How did I 'bend' my comment on the Godhead? Just curious. I thought I just fairly simply listed some of the traits or functions of the different persons. Did I get it really wrong?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 13:4
[4] Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

God’s marriage is Honourable in all, and His marriage bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

So many times Hebrews 13:4 is used to justify “anything goes in the marriage bed”...it is His marriage bed the verse speaks of though. So we are saying “anything goes” in His marriage bed.

Are you referring to marriage of a man and woman or the church and
Christ?

If man and woman Christ never claims it is his. It is theirs.

If church and Christ, indeed it is his.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to marriage of a man and woman or the church and
Christ?

If man and woman Christ never claims it is his. It is theirs.

If church and Christ, indeed it is his.

The Lamb’s book of life.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lamb’s book of life.

That has nothing to do with the marriage bed. And it is not even opened until the white throne judgment to judge the damned.

If relative to anything it would be the marriage supper of the Lamb which happens during the tribulation, starting with the rapture.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That has nothing to do with the marriage bed. And it is not even opened until the white throne judgment to judge the damned.

If relative to anything it would be the marriage supper of the Lamb which happens during the tribulation, starting with the rapture.

How many marriage beds are there?
How many The Lamb’s book of life?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. How did I 'bend' my comment on the Godhead? Just curious. I thought I just fairly simply listed some of the traits or functions of the different persons. Did I get it really wrong?
First thanks for the reply,

Second, I'm a diversified Oneness in belief.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah...so, we are not likely to agree on who bends what!
(smile) ... but,
1 Corinthians 13:1 "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

1 Corinthians 13:2 "And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:3 "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:4 "Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,

1 Corinthians 13:5 "Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 Corinthians 13:6 "Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

1 Corinthians 13:7 "Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 13:8 "Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

1 Corinthians 13:9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1 Corinthians 13:10 "But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

1 Corinthians 13:12 "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:13 "And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

so what am I saying? charity will never be BENT.

be blessed.