GENESIS 12 A GREAT NATION

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Doug

Apr 29, 2018
south
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee:

12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

12:3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

From Abraham, God would form the nation of Israel. The true nation of Israel would be the spiritual nation, the nation of faith (Deuteronomy 32:21 Romans 10:19 Matthew 21:43).

The world is to be blessed through Israel. This will be accomplished in the millennial kingdom on earth, at the coming of Christ to establish his reign on earth (Psalm 22:28 Isaiah 2:2-3 Luke 1:32-33 Isaiah 9:7). At this time, the Gentile nations will come to God through Israel; Israel will be a holy nation of priests unto God (Isaiah 60:3 Exodus 19:5-6 Isaiah 61:6).

The gospel was preached unto Abraham in Galatians 3:8. This was not the gospel of grace revealed to Paul, as this gospel was hid; the gospel given to Abraham was that the Gentiles would also be saved by faith. That the world would be reconciled by the cross was a secret not revealed before Paul (Ephesians 3:1-9 2 Corinthians 5:19).