Genesis 3 Q&A

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BibleStu

Jul 8, 2021
Indiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the time is which we are living, Christians are always clamoring for EXPLICIT statements about things which are implied. But that is not how God gives His revelations. He did not give us a textbook of theology. No God did not say "Adam you are cursed". But it is all implied in Genesis 3, and confirmed throughout Scripture.
Agreed. One thing I have learned through my repeated readings of the Bible, and much more in writing this Q&A, is just how much is clearly set out in scripture but not said in so many words. One just needs to ask the right questions in the right places....
... 22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
But the whole creation groaning and travailing in pain until now isn't a curse, because God didn't call it that (I guess!).

Reactions: Enoch111

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's called the "curse of sin and death"....Jesus took upon himself the curse...as it is written "cursed is anyone who is hung on a tree
Deuteronomy 21 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
²² And if a man have committed a sin worthy of death, and he be to be put to death, and thou hang him on a tree:
²³ His body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but thou shalt in any wise bury him that day; (for he that is hanged is accursed of God;) that thy land be not defiled, which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance.
....also there are the "generational curses" that are passed on to the children up to 4 generations.
The Bible mentions “generational curses” in several places (Exodus 20:5; 34:7; Numbers 14:18; Deuteronomy 5:9). God warns that He is “a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.”

Therefore it is demonstrated,
Adam and Eve were not cursed
But God, being found in the form of a man, made Himself accursed for their sake.
Their sin was transferred to an innocent substitute, Whose blood covered them.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the whole creation groaning and travailing in pain until now isn't a curse, because God didn't call it that (I guess!).

pay attention to what you read.

Him who subjected it, subjected it in hope
Not in a curse. In hope.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But God, being found in the form of a man, made Himself accursed for their sake.
If you read what you wrote you have just confirmed that the fall of man came as a result of Adam and Eve's disobedience....God told Adam he will labor for his food....Eve will bear children in pain....
These are curses....
God curses all three, the man to a lifetime of hard labour followed by death, the woman to the pain of childbirth and to subordination to her husband, and the serpent to go on his belly and suffer the enmity of both man and woman.[10] God then clothes the nakedness of the man and woman, who have become god-like in knowing good and evil, then banishes them from the garden lest they eat the fruit of a second tree, the tree of life, and live forever.[13]

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read what you wrote you have just confirmed that the fall of man came as a result of Adam and Eve's disobedience....God told Adam he will labor for his food....Eve will bear children in pain....
These are curses....

God gives you work to do, and your answer to Him is "you have cursed me, God!" ??

i don't know how y'all think this human tradition makes sense.
i really don't.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God curses all three, the man to a lifetime of hard labour followed by death, the woman to the pain of childbirth and to subordination to her husband, and the serpent to go on his belly and suffer the enmity of both man and woman.[10] God then clothes the nakedness of the man and woman, who have become god-like in knowing good and evil, then banishes them from the garden lest they eat the fruit of a second tree, the tree of life, and live forever.[13]

God definitely does not curse 'all three' -- that's absolutely contrary to scripture.
He curses the serpent, and He curses the ground "for your sake"
God only says of Adam that He has become "like one of Us" and only after he changes his wife's name to "life"
it is the father of lies who says that eating the forbidden fruit will make you like God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
god gives you work to do, and your answer to Him is "you have cursed me, God!" ??
It appears you are still a babe and feeding on the milk of God's Word....some things cannot be comprehended or understood as a babe in Christ...you are still building on the foundation that Christ laid....layer upon layer, precept upon precept...
When you are ready the Holy Spirit will open your eyes to see and your heart to receive the revelation knowledge of His Word.
His hidden wisdom can be found as you seek to know HIm on a deeper level.
Gid Bless

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God definitely does not curse 'all three' -- that's absolutely contrary to scripture.
He curses the serpent, and He curses the ground "for your sake"
God only says of Adam that He has become "like one of Us" and only after he changes his wife's name to "life"
it is the father of lies who says that eating the forbidden fruit will make you like God.
You lack understanding of what a curse is....

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lack understanding of what a curse is....

your addition of pure human tradition to the scripture.

my dear, the scripture does not call Adam or Eve cursed.
maybe your human commentaries do.
maybe your human preacher does.

God does not; the scripture does not.
i do not give a whit about your preachers or your traditions, when compared with God and with His word.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your addition of pure human tradition to the scripture.

maybe your human commentaries do.
maybe your human preacher does.

God does not; the scripture does not.
i do not give a whit about your preachers or your traditions, when compared with God and with His word.
*shrug* ....I humbly agree to disagree with your belief.
Have a blessed day.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It appears you are still a babe and feeding on the milk of God's Word....some things cannot be comprehended or understood as a babe in Christ...you are still building on the foundation that Christ laid....layer upon layer, precept upon precept...
When you are ready the Holy Spirit will open your eyes to see and your heart to receive the revelation knowledge of His Word.
His hidden wisdom can be found as you seek to know HIm on a deeper level.
Gid Bless
@Heart2Soul I love the words of Anne Steel from the 18th century: ":)

"O may these hallowed pages be
My ever dear delight!
And still new beauties may I see,
And still increasing light!"

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My ever dear delight!

may we learn to believe what is written !

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul I love the words of Anne Steel from the 18th century: ":)

My ever dear delight!
I am going to have to get her book or whatever she has because I love her poetry.

Reactions: farouk

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you start posting scripture to back up your personal beliefs then I might consider your theology.
If you continue to only supply your interpretation of the Bible without the scripture then what you.have shared is invalid.
A new member such as yourself hasn't had time to earn the trust and respect of other members and especially ones who come in "guns blazing" and does not supply one single scripture to support their argument.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That did not have to be stated explicitly It was implied throughout.

ROMANS 5: ADAM BROUGHT DAMNATION TO MAKIND
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also
is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as
it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one
judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That did not have to be stated explicitly It was implied throughout.

ROMANS 5: ADAM BROUGHT DAMNATION TO MAKIND
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
13 for until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
15 But not as the offence, so also
is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as
it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one
judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.
Excellent....this is well said and I couldn't think of how to convey how they were cursed....thanks for sharing.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you start posting scripture to back up your personal beliefs then I might consider your theology.
If you continue to only supply your interpretation of the Bible without the scripture then what you.have shared is invalid.
A new member such as yourself hasn't had time to earn the trust and respect of other members and especially ones who come in "guns blazing" and does not supply one single scripture to support their argument.

I don't know how to post scripture that doesn't exist in order to back up the fact that no scripture says Adam or Eve was cursed.

So it's pretty much on you to post scripture that says they were, but we all already know that no such scripture exists.

I don't desire or have use for the kind of respect that comes from 'I've been here a while, so..'

Last edited: