genesis 4:14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me. { who is everyone ? } up to this point there had only been 4 know there is 3 ..what sayest though

Outside God's Garden of Eden, to those in the land of Nod, where Cain went to...

Gen 4:16
16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
KJV

I'm a strong believer that Sargon I that the ancient Sumerians (area of Babylon) said came to them and taught them the sciences, built their first city, etc., was actually Cain. (see Sargon The Magnificent by Bristowe)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Outside God's Garden of Eden, to those in the land of Nod, where Cain went to...

Gen 4:16
16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
KJV

I'm a strong believer that Sargon I that the ancient Sumerians (area of Babylon) said came to them and taught them the sciences, built their first city, etc., was actually Cain. (see Sargon The Magnificent by Bristowe)
this was future everyone.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stan B said the following in post #8 of this thread: -

Sorry, Stan, but, by my chronological study of the Old Testament, my understanding is that the first twelve chapter only covers around, 2024-2025 years, as Abraham left Haran around the year 2024 After Adam's creation, (AA), and Abraham and Lot spilt fairly quickly, probably within one year of them leaving Haran, which is recorded in Genesis 13.

The book of Genesis covers a time period of around 2294 years and ends with the death of Joseph with the last verse in Genesis telling us the following: -

Genesis 50:26: - 26 So Joseph died, being one hundred and ten years old; and they embalmed him, and he was put in a coffin in Egypt.​

We are informed that Joseph died when he was 110 years old.

Now the first chapter of Exodus spans a period of around 295 years with the birth of Moses being introduced in Ex 2:2 around the year 2589 AA.

Now, I am curious as to how you come to your understanding that the first 12 chapters of Genesis covers a time period of 2500 years?

Shalom
Whatever. My observation was not intended to be definitive; just a general off-the-cuff remark.

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...Adam and Eve had children inside the Garden before they had Cain and Abel...
This reminds me of trees being described as people in the Garden...

Ezekiel 31:9
"I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him"

Ezekiel 31:18
"To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD"

Pharaoh and his multitude were trees in the Garden of Eden.

Even Lucifer is described as a tree...

Isaiah 14:8
"Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us"

Isaiah 14:12
"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

I can't help but think of what all this would mean if it were literal. Did the Human Race start off as trees in the Garden of Eden?

I do believe that the Tree of Life is Sarah and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is Hagar who represents Mystery Babylon. If they can be trees, why not everyone else?

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this was future everyone.

Per Bristowe's research of the Assyriologist who translated the original date of Sumer in the Babylonian cuneiform tablets, the date was 3,000 B.C. when Sargon appeared among the Sumerians (I believe the Assyriologist's name was prof. Sayce). Because the Assyriologist theory of the day didn't coincide with that early date Sayce changed it to a later date. Then per the 17th century bishop Ussher who documented from the time of Christ back to Adam per Old Testament Scripture, the date of Adam formed in God's Garden was 4004 B.C. The 19th century scholar E.W. Bullinger came up with the same date, 4004 B.C. for God creating the man Adam. So it's important to remember that the Babylonian tablets record history about ancient Sumer, and that ancient Sumer existed before Babylon did. Scientists say ancient Sumer sprang up around 5000 to 4000 B.C.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him"

"To whom art thou thus like in glory and in greatness among the trees of Eden? yet shalt thou be brought down with the trees of Eden unto the nether parts of the earth: thou shalt lie in the midst of the uncircumcised with them that be slain by the sword. This is Pharaoh and all his multitude, saith the Lord GOD"

"Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us"

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!"

I can't help but think of what all this would mean if it were literal. Did the Human Race start off as trees in the Garden of Eden?

I do believe that the Tree of Life is Sarah and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil is Hagar who represents Mystery Babylon. If they can be trees, why not everyone else?

In the Ezekiel 31 Scripture, God is actually referring to Lucifer, as we know the flesh king of Assyria nor Pharaoh ever were in God's Garden of Eden (Ezekiel 31:9; Ezekiel 31:16-19). So even though God refers to Pharaoh also in the same verse at Ezekiel 31:18, we are to realize He is actually pointing to Satan himself, and only to Pharaoh as a 'type' of Satan's original rebellion against Him. Same in Ezekiel 28, and in Isaiah 14 which does the same kind of thing.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good spiritual eye to see that. yes, people are sometimes used symbolically of trees, here is a famous verse of scripture, that open my eyes to three things. Psalms 1:1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
Psalms 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
(Listen to this next verse closley),
Psalms 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper".

that verse 3 is loaded with an allusionin of symbolic descriptions of spiritual things of a man.

#1. he's a tree, and there are many types of trees, and many have additional, mediational, nutritional, it just goes on, and on...

#2. that produce fruit, yes, as in Galatians 5:22 & 23 as well as Ephesians 5:9 & 10.

#3. Leaves that for "healing", for instance, our Lord Jesus is refered to as a healing leaves symbolically. example, Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed". healed here is not in a physical sense but a spiritual sense "made whole". as with no balm in Gilead. yes, physician heal thyself. Luke 5:31 "And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
Luke 5:32 "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance".

now the opposit side of a Good tree, an evil tree, which also produce fruit. Hosea 10:13 "Ye have plowed wickedness, ye have reaped iniquity; ye have eaten the fruit of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mighty men.

as we can see, this could be a whole ministry in itself for study.

PICJAG.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever. My observation was not intended to be definitive; just a general off-the-cuff remark.
Don't cave in Stan. God wasn't in any rush. The age of dinosaurs was many years ago. That is proven by the tools God gave to humans on how to figure the age of bone, etc.

Adam, in Gen 2, starts the age of his generations and can be figured up to Jesus. From that point on man has kept the time.

Reactions: Stan B

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't cave in Stan. God wasn't in any rush. The age of dinosaurs was many years ago. That is proven by the tools God gave to humans on how to figure the age of bone, etc.

Adam, in Gen 2, starts the age of his generations and can be figured up to Jesus. From that point on man has kept the time.
I am familiar with Bishop Ussher's work, and his dating is at the top of every page of the C.I Schofield reference Bible.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, what I will give you, you may not accept. but it's bible based. and I'm sure you nor any of your students have heard of this.

maybe you might want to explore this after your sunday teaching.

so I'l be to the point, Adam and Eve had children inside the Garden before they had Cain and Abel out side the Garden. this is supportive of the following scripture, Genesis 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee".
well you cannot "increase" something unless it has already happen. other words. if I was sitting in a car, (zero speed) it's a scientific fact, one cannot "increase" your speed unless you're already in motion. so Eve already had conception, meaning pregnancy. which means she already had children.... inside the Gardwn. for the Hebrew word for conception is,
H2032 הֵרוֹן herown (hay-rone') n-m.
הֵרָיוֹן herayown (hay-raw-yone')
pregnancy.
[from H2029]
KJV: conception.

yes, pregnancy, knowing this, it explain who these other people are. and it also explain who the sons of God are in chapter 6.

now another verse that shows Eve had children in the Garden. Genesis 3:20 "And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living." was here is a past tense desigination. no one call a woman "mother" unless she have children that is alive. and the one's she had inside the Garden was alive Spiritually and physically. by being Spiritually alive to God, hence the title "Sons" of God.

so right there in Genesis the bible tells us who these other people are. I know this want make it into your sunday teaching, but maybe something to look at later.

PICJAG.

Huh, very interesting! Never heard this before, will have to chew on it :)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh, very interesting! Never heard this before, will have to chew on it :)
Sure,
A. It answer the question,"Where Cain got his wife from".

B. it also answer the question, "who was the other people who might kill Cain". Genesis 4:13 "And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

C. and it answere the question, "Who are the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6", and it's not angels.

so chew on it a bit. as Jed Clampett said, "Take your shoes off and sit a spell".

PICJAG.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure,
A. It answer the question,"Where Cain got his wife from".

B. it also answer the question, "who was the other people who might kill Cain". Genesis 4:13 "And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
Genesis 4:14 "Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

C. and it answere the question, "Who are the sons of God in Genesis chapter 6", and it's not angels.

so chew on it a bit. as Jed Clampett said, "Take your shoes off and sit a spell".

PICJAG.

"so chew on it a bit. as Jed Clampett said, "Take your shoes off and sit a spell"."

I'll be drillin for that black gold :)
TY!

Reactions: 101G

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we address the Elephant in the Room regarding why it is taught that Cain was *REWARDED* for murdering Abel?

In other words, according to what is taught in the Churches, instead of putting Cain to death, God rewarded Cain with 'invincibility'.

Imagine walking this Earth without fear of ever being killed because God gave you Divine Protection. You know how fast that would go to your head?

full

A person with Divine Protection would RISE TO POWER...

Revelation 13:3
"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast"

Let's see what the Word of God has to say about this...

Leviticus 24:17
"And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death"

Did God change? Did God break one of his own Laws and allow Cain to roam free from a Death Sentence?

No.

Therefore the only other explanation is that God allowed Cain to be slayed over and over again.

And...

So that no one would take advantage of this, God put in the clause...

"vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold"

So yeah... you can slay Cain, but you will pay a dear price for it when Cain comes back from the dead to seek revenge.

Look at how absolute power corrupts absolutely in this boastful verse...

Genesis 4:24
"If Cain shall be avenged sevenfold, truly Lamech seventy and sevenfold"

Tell me this didn't go to his head!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we address the Elephant in the Room regarding why it is taught that Cain was *REWARDED* for murdering Abel?

In other words, according to what is taught in the Churches, instead of putting Cain to death, God rewarded Cain with 'invincibility'.

Imagine walking this Earth without fear of ever being killed because God gave you Divine Protection. You know how fast that would go to your head?

full

"And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast"

Did God change? Did God break one of his own Laws and allow Cain to roam free from a Death Sentence?

No.

Therefore the only other explanation is that God allowed Cain to be slayed over and over again.

And...

So yeah... you can slay Cain, but you will pay a dear price for it when Cain comes back from the dead to seek revenge.

Cain was provided with will be known in Israel as, the cities of refuge.

PICJAG

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

full

No.

And...

Just a quick question here, if that is okay. Since you believe in reincarnation, in order to reap what we sow on this earth, why did Jesus have to die if we have to live multiple lives over and over again in this horrid world?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can agree with that assessment, for no knows how long Adam and Eve was in the Garden before they sinned and was put out. we only have chronological time under the stigma of sin.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Stan B and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 4:14 makes one search the word of God for the correct TRUE answer. I have heard many answers over my life time and none suites the bill, as to say, for the correct answer. only one I seen so far is the correct one.

PICJAG.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

full

You quote the law from Leviticus, but was that law given to Cain??

So just guessing: Cain broke no law, because the law had not yet been given. Therefore in killing Able, he was not punished because he had broken no law. This 1600 year period before Noah is referred to as the Dispensation of Conscience, where people were left to their own will and conscience

Another guess would be that the people occupying cities, were close relatives, or possibly even offspring of Able. They may not have been all that pleased with Cain's actions.