Genesis - Does it need to be supported by science?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I will rephrase my post

science is only one indicator that the creation story is not an accurate account of the manner in which the universe formed.

The Genesis account is exactly accurate; it's how men's traditions have wrongly understood it that is responsible for inaccuracies.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demanding that the Creation Story in Genesis has to be interpreted literally is all about Pride. Don't look at the man behind the curtain - focus on the Great and Powerful OZ.......

It is a nonissue that some people have decided to make into a litmus test for a person's faith in the Biblegod.

What happens when you find out that the story is an inspired myth? Or a mystic vision? Are you going to demand that God follow your literal interpretation too?

If you are so convinced about the proper way to interpret this story that you are willing to close your eyes to every fact outside of the Bible - you know in your heart that it is not noble; it is only prideful and stubborn.

As for me, I believe it is an inspired story - could I be wrong? you bet! And when I get to Heaven, God and I will have a good laugh about it - especially since I never used my fallible method of interpretation to overshadow the true message of the story, which is God's sovereignty and love for His creation, rather than my own stubborn demand to be RIGHT at all costs.