Genesis....Fact or fiction?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did it really take 6 days for God to create our universe or not?

• Total voters

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
I agree but yet I disagree. They are many double prophecies in the bible.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

And yes Christ is the Spirit of God. I did not say He was Created you did I said He was that light.

As for the New Heavens where flesh will dwell ezekiel has been gave much understanding of it. It is two planets that will orbit this sun plus two other stars with planets one orbit south and one north then one more around the oort cloud. Look at my picture upper left corner.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ezekiel said:
I agree but yet I disagree. They are many double prophecies in the bible.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

And yes Christ is the Spirit of God. I did not say He was Created you did I said He was that light.

As for the New Heavens where flesh will dwell ezekiel has been gave much understanding of it. It is two planets that will orbit this sun plus two other stars with planets one orbit south and one north then one more around the oort cloud. Look at my picture upper left corner.
If he is the Spirit of God, then he logically cannot also be the light spoken of in Genesis as well. The light did not exist until God spoke it into existence, meaning "the light" has a beginning, and Jesus Christ being the spirit of God has no beginning or end. He cannot be both creator and the creation, and that is the point I was trying to make.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
God has ever been light before the cosmos. And God said let their be light Christ went and made that light. And when God said Lets make man in our image Christ went and died on the cross and we believe and His Spirit has been place on us for God is Spirit not flesh. The cosmos are the work of His Hands.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Not only did He make that light He became that light.

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ezekiel said:
God has ever been light before the cosmos. And God said let their be light Christ went and made that light. And when God said Lets make man in our image Christ went and died on the cross and we believe and His Spirit has been place on us for God is Spirit not flesh. The cosmos are the work of His Hands.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Not only did He make that light He became that light.
Ok, show me the scripture that explicitly states he became the light emanating from the sun? What does that have to with the creation account of him speaking physical light into existence? God is clearly described as pure spirit meaning he cannot be compared to anything in our own created little world. If he is pure spirit, then it means that his light is not made of the light we currently see coming from the sun, the moon and the stars. His creation is his footstool, not his residence, that includes light. A characteristic of God is his unchanging nature. God's does not change into something other than the immaterial product called spirit, he was the same yesterday, as he is today and will remain the same forever more.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Dcopymope said:
Ok, show me the scripture that explicitly states he became the light emanating from the sun? What does that have to with the creation account of him speaking physical light into existence? God is clearly described as pure spirit meaning he cannot be compared to anything in our own created little world. If he is pure spirit, then it means that his light is not made of the light we currently see coming from the sun, the moon and the stars. His creation is his footstool, not his residence, that includes light. A characteristic of God is his unchanging nature. God's does not change into something other than the immaterial product called spirit, he was the same yesterday, as he is today and will remain the same forever more.
Ok now I see you think ezekiel is saying God is the sun and that's not what. Your right God never changes if you believe on him no darkness is on you so God the great Spirit is light also

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Below are the visions of Ezekiel. Cherubims meaning two stars. The Throne above them.

Ezekiel 1:26
And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.

Ezekiel 10:1
Then I looked, and, behold, in the firmament that was above the head of the cherubims there appeared over them as it were a sapphire stone, as the appearance of the likeness of a throne.

Again below God is light and no darkness in Him. The sun is the work of his hand. Below the city in Heaven again above the stars.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Back to the time thing. I would think that until the waters were created that time never was. It was God and word was God. Now this evening and morning was the first day thing ? , Its like He works night shift. Most will get up in the morning and get started. Maybe I will get deeper into this one day but the bible says God rest not.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the evening comes before the morning for a person, because we go through darkness before we see the light. "Sunset" is related to our "fall" in this analogy, and sunrise occurs halfway through our "day."