Genesis to Revelation - God's Desire

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Instructed" non-verbally, right?
And it reached Noah? Wow. Sorry...

Non-verbally to us in scripture = no recording of God saying "take this animal and sacrifice it this way"

There in fact was verbal communication between God and Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, Enoch, Noah about this.

It was not recorded for us in direct verbal recorded statements as such that would suffice the skeptic.

Yet we SEE the animal sacrifice/offerings as acceptable unto God

This is how God designed His word so that we may seek His Truth = His Way

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Kingdom is run by God's laws no?
They are ever present.
Don't lie, don't steal.. you know the 10 written with God's own finger.
It wasn't until Moses that God applied those laws onto stone tablets.
As far as the sacrificial laws for sins (ordinances) , these were added to the law because they wouldn't stop sinning.

Like, God created the Sabbath on the 7th day. But he didn't give it to Moses until he brought them out of Egypt.

There is a difference between walking in the law, that is, to keep it. And being put under the law and it's condemnation for breaking it.

If you don't covet, commit adultery, lie, steal, dishonour your parents.. etc, then the law has no power OVER you.
This is the law of Liberty.

What Jesus did was remove our offences, our sins, and gave us a clean slate.
I say us because all in Adam that is in the flesh, have sinned. All in Christ Jesus have been washed from that sin.

God's commandment is a lamp unto our feet. It keeps us from straying off course.
God's law is light...
Pro 6:23
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Psa 119:142
Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.
Dan 9:13
As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

What is truth?

Psa 25:5
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Psa 86:11
Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
Isa 26:2
Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.

Neh 1:9
But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.

Jhn 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Every Kingdom, Nation, Country has laws, why wouldn't the Kingdom of Heaven have laws also?
God's Kingdom is not inhabited with lawlessness. That kingdom belongs to the other guy.

1Ti 1:8
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1Ti 1:9
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1Ti 1:11
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Adam and Eve were walking IN the law and they were naked and without shame.
Not until they broke the law, covetousness... were they brought Under the law and it's condemnation.
And then their eyes were opened and they hid themselves, because they knew they was naked.

You can't hide sin from God. No matter how many fig leaves you try to sew together.
And then they passed the blame around instead of confessing their own sin.
She made me do it, he made me do it.
They believed the Lie which the snake had decieved them with.

Coveting is the least of these commandments and yet is just as offensive as the rest.

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

There is a lot of misunderstanding concerning God's law.

Jesus Christ is the Light. He is the Law of God. And we should keep it.
The ordinaces of the cross with all the animal sacrifices however, are needed no more and were nailed to the cross.
Because Jesus is the only sacrifice that could truly purge us from our sins and make us clean.

What was Abel sacrificing on the altar. Both the acceptable sheep and the fat.
Psa 37:20
But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
Lev 4:19
And he shall take all his fat from him, and burn it upon the altar.

1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Hugs

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Well... depends...
The Ten? The ones engraved in letters on stone?
The Apostle tells that they were the transitory ministry of condemnation and death that has no glory now.

2 Corinthians 3:7-11 NIV
Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are ever present.
It wasn't until Moses that God applied those laws onto stone tablets.
As far as the sacrificial laws for sins (ordinances) , these were added to the law because they wouldn't stop sinning.

Like, God created the Sabbath on the 7th day. But he didn't give it to Moses until he brought them out of Egypt.

There is a difference between walking in the law, that is, to keep it. And being put under the law and it's condemnation for breaking it.

If you don't covet, commit adultery, lie, steal, dishonour your parents.. etc, then the law has no power OVER you.
This is the law of Liberty.

What Jesus did was remove our offences, our sins, and gave us a clean slate.
I say us because all in Adam that is in the flesh, have sinned. All in Christ Jesus have been washed from that sin.

God's commandment is a lamp unto our feet. It keeps us from straying off course.
God's law is light...
Pro 6:23
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:

Psa 119:142
Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth.
Dan 9:13
As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.

What is truth?

Psa 25:5
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Psa 86:11
Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
Isa 26:2
Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.

Neh 1:9
But if ye turn unto me, and keep my commandments, and do them; though there were of you cast out unto the uttermost part of the heaven, yet will I gather them from thence, and will bring them unto the place that I have chosen to set my name there.

Jhn 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Every Kingdom, Nation, Country has laws, why wouldn't the Kingdom of Heaven have laws also?
God's Kingdom is not inhabited with lawlessness. That kingdom belongs to the other guy.

1Ti 1:8
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
1Ti 1:9
Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Ti 1:10
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
1Ti 1:11
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Adam and Eve were walking IN the law and they were naked and without shame.
Not until they broke the law, covetousness... were they brought Under the law and it's condemnation.
And then their eyes were opened and they hid themselves, because they knew they was naked.

You can't hide sin from God. No matter how many fig leaves you try to sew together.
And then they passed the blame around instead of confessing their own sin.
She made me do it, he made me do it.
They believed the Lie which the snake had decieved them with.

Coveting is the least of these commandments and yet is just as offensive as the rest.

Mat 5:19
Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

There is a lot of misunderstanding concerning God's law.

Jesus Christ is the Light. He is the Law of God. And we should keep it.
The ordinaces of the cross with all the animal sacrifices however, are needed no more and were nailed to the cross.
Because Jesus is the only sacrifice that could truly purge us from our sins and make us clean.

What was Abel sacrificing on the altar. Both the acceptable sheep and the fat.
Psa 37:20
But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
Lev 4:19
And he shall take all his fat from him, and burn it upon the altar.

1Co 3:11
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
1Co 3:12
Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
1Co 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Hugs
The animal sacrifices were given/instructed by God to Adam, Eve, Cain, Able, Noah unto Moses and finally the Lamb Himself.

Therefore not even the first covenant was dedicated without blood. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and goats, with water, scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book itself and all the people, saying, “This is the blood of the covenant which God has commanded you.” Then likewise he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle and all the vessels of the ministry. And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood,
and without shedding of blood there is no remission. - Hebrews ch9

Our sanctification comes from the Blood of Christ, the Word of God and the Holy Spirit.

They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth. - John ch17

If you love Me, keep My commandments. And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper,
that He may abide with you forever— the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. - John ch14

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand this is a stickler for many. There is a difference from the law written on stone and written in the hearts and minds.
It's not God's law that brought death, it was man's unwillingness to keep it.
Condemnation is cause by sin. Sin is the transgression of the law.

Heb 10:15
Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18
Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

God says he will put his laws in our hearts and in our minds, are these any different than the commandments God gave to Moses written on stone?

2Co 3:2
Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
2Co 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Only thing I'm aware of that was written in tables of stone is God's law. Because of the stubborness of their hearts.
They didn't walk IN it, so they became slaves to it and condemned by it.

Rom 8:1
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Do you Love God?
Do you worship other gods or idols?
Do you honour your parents?
Do you rest knowing the Lord is with and in you?
Do you commit murder?
Do you lie?
Do you steal?
Do you commit adultery?
Do you bear false witness?
Do you covet other peoples goods or anything that belongs to your neighbor?

If you are doing what God's law says you should be doing, then you are walking in the righteousness of his law.
Because His laws are righteous.
They lead you to do the right thing, not only outwardly in the flesh, but beginning in the heart and mind where God has placed them.

There are those who say there is no law, and where there is no law, there is only lawlessness.

The ministry of the Spirit IS God writing his laws in our hearts and minds.
The same way the ministry of circumcission is performed on the heart without hands.
It's the same spiritual ministry working in us and performed in us.
Which is way more glorious than written on tables of stone.

It's not a Jewish thing... it's a spiritual thing.

Hugs

• Love

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand this is a stickler for many. There is a difference from the law written on stone and written in the hearts and minds.

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

God says he will put his laws in our hearts and in our minds, are these any different than the commandments God gave to Moses written on stone?

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

Only thing I'm aware of that was written in tables of stone is God's law. Because of the stubborness of their hearts.

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Do you Love God?
Do you commit murder?
Do you lie?
Do you steal?
Do you commit adultery?

If you are doing what God's law says you should be doing, then you are walking in the righteousness of his law.
They lead you to do the right thing, not only outwardly in the flesh, but beginning in the heart and mind where God has placed them.

There are those who say there is no law, and where there is no law, there is only lawlessness.

The same way the ministry of circumcission is performed on the heart without hands.

Hugs
Genesis is all about what you have in your post.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you Love God?
Do you commit murder?
Do you lie?
Do you steal?
Do you commit adultery?

Hugs
Thank you for doing a follow up with this post to clarify.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are written in stone.
Mat 5:21
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:27
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:33
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
Mat 5:38
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Mat 5:43
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

These are written in the heart and mind:

Thou shalt not Kill:
Mat 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Thou shalt not bear false witness:
Mat 5:34
But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Mat 5:35
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Mat 5:36
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
Mat 5:37
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

An Eye for an Eye and tooth for tooth:
Lev 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Mat 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Is this not the same law God gave to Moses?
Except it is internal coming from the heart and not written on cold hard stone.

This IS the ministry of the Spirit.
Jesus is ministering the law to our hearts and minds.

But many refuse to hear it because they rather walk in darkness than to walk in the light.
And that is why there is such controversy and opposition to God's laws.

This IS God's Law in the flesh: This IS the manna sent from heaven: This is the Law given to Moses on tables of stone...

Jhn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jhn 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus Christ is the Law in the flesh.
He is the Light of the world.
The law was not given to condemn the world, but by walking IN it would keep us in His Truth.
Jesus Christ Is the Truth, the Light, and the Law of God.

Thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart and mind and soul...

2Jo 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The world is walking in darkness because they have forsken God's law. They have forsaken The Lord.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These are written in stone.
Mat 5:21
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
Mat 5:27
Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:33
Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:
Mat 5:38
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
Mat 5:43
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

These are written in the heart and mind:

Thou shalt not Kill:
Mat 5:22
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28
But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Thou shalt not bear false witness:
Mat 5:34
But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:
Mat 5:35
Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
Mat 5:36
Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.
Mat 5:37
But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

An Eye for an Eye and tooth for tooth:
Lev 19:18
Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.

Mat 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Mat 5:45
That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Is this not the same law God gave to Moses?
Except it is internal coming from the heart and not written on cold hard stone.

This IS the ministry of the Spirit.
Jesus is ministering the law to our hearts and minds.

But many refuse to hear it because they rather walk in darkness than to walk in the light.
And that is why there is such controversy and opposition to God's laws.

This IS God's Law in the flesh: This IS the manna sent from heaven: This is the Law given to Moses on tables of stone...

Jhn 3:17
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Jhn 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Jhn 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21
But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus Christ is the Law in the flesh.
He is the Light of the world.
The law was not given to condemn the world, but by walking IN it would keep us in His Truth.
Jesus Christ Is the Truth, the Light, and the Law of God.

Thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy God with all thy heart and mind and soul...

2Jo 1:6
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The world is walking in darkness because they have forsken God's law. They have forsaken The Lord.

Hugs
Which brings us Full Circle to the OP of this Thread = Genesis to Revelation - God's Desire

Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts,
And in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 3:7-11 NIV
Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Thank You

God's law was so glorious that it made Moses's face to shine. Imagine that.
But the children of Israel could not even look at his face.

What was preventing them from looking at his face?
Their sin and their unwillingness to have their deeds known.
It was their sinning against God's law that brought the condemnation of the law upon them.

When Moses came down the mountain the very law he held in his hands would be the light that those who walked in darkness refused to look at.
You could say Moses brought death or the condemnation of the law to the children of Israel.
Because their deeds were evil. They couldn't even look at the glory which gave light to Moses' face.
They were naked and ashamed and tried to hide themselves by making Moses place a vail (fig leaves) over his face.

Hugs

Reactions: St. SteVen

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hello would like to share with everyone three verses,

Ezekiel 33:11
1 Timothy 2:4
2 Peter 3:9

Some of the desires of God.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eze 33:10
Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?
Eze 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

1Ti 2:1
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2
For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2Pe 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Thank You @MatthewG
Hugs

Reactions: MatthewG

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of Wisdom and Knowledge

Ecc 1:18
For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Gen 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Gen 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Gen 2:10
And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

Jhn 7:37
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Jhn 7:39
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Gen 2:15
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gen 2:16
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

( just an observation: there are two trees in the midst of the garden. )

Gen 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

All the trees in the garden were good for food. All the trees in the garden were pleasant to the sight.

A tree to be desired... coveted.. to make one wise. And she TOOK of the fruit thereof.

Something is missing...

2Ch 1:11
And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

Asking vs. Taking

Mat 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Jhn 16:24
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Jas 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
1Jo 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Gen 3:8
And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9
And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10
And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

The Lord could of easily have said: Why are you afraid? And they knew it was because they broke his commandment.

Now comes the blame game.

Gen 3:12
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Adam is blaming God because he gave the woman to him in the first place. And then proceeds to blame the woman, taking no responsibility for his own actions.

Eph 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
Eph 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Not only do we blame others we also try to reward ourselves.

Luk 11:27
And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
Luk 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

This is not to say the womb that bare him is not blessed, but the blessing itself is attributed to hearing and keeping God's word.

There is much to say regarding Wisdom and Knowledge.
From the beginnings in Genesis to the the ending in Revelation.
And to find out what God's desire for us to have both is.
But first we should ask, and then we shall recieve.

Jhn 14:25
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Jhn 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of Wisdom and Knowledge

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

Gen 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Gen 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
Gen 2:10
And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

Jhn 7:37
In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
Jhn 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Jhn 7:39
(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

Gen 2:15
And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
Gen 2:16
And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
Gen 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Gen 3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

( just an observation: there are two trees in the midst of the garden. )

Gen 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5
For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6
And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

All the trees in the garden were good for food. All the trees in the garden were pleasant to the sight.

A tree to be desired... coveted.. to make one wise. And she TOOK of the fruit thereof.

Something is missing...

2Ch 1:11
And God said to Solomon, Because this was in thine heart, and thou hast not asked riches, wealth, or honour, nor the life of thine enemies, neither yet hast asked long life; but hast asked wisdom and knowledge for thyself, that thou mayest judge my people, over whom I have made thee king:
2Ch 1:12
Wisdom and knowledge is granted unto thee; and I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.

Asking vs. Taking

Mat 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.
Jhn 16:24
Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
Jas 4:3
Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
1Jo 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

Gen 3:8
And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.
Gen 3:9
And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
Gen 3:10
And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.
Gen 3:11
And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

The Lord could of easily have said: Why are you afraid? And they knew it was because they broke his commandment.

Now comes the blame game.

Gen 3:12
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

Adam is blaming God because he gave the woman to him in the first place. And then proceeds to blame the woman, taking no responsibility for his own actions.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Not only do we blame others we also try to reward ourselves.

Luk 11:27
And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
Luk 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

This is not to say the womb that bare him is not blessed, but the blessing itself is attributed to hearing and keeping God's word.

There is much to say regarding Wisdom and Knowledge.
From the beginnings in Genesis to the the ending in Revelation.
And to find out what God's desire for us to have both is.
But first we should ask, and then we shall recieve.

Jhn 14:25
These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Jhn 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Hugs
i am joining my spiritual mind(the mind of Christ) with yours(the mind of Christ) in the Holy Spirit of Truth

******* ( just an observation: there are two trees in the midst of the garden. ) *******

******* As Per the OP = God's Desire for man was right next to Adam & Eve = the Tree of Life *******

As Per the OP = God's Desire is fulfilled in Christ

One more Eternal Blessing/Fulfillment to Come = as Per the OP = God's Desire = Genesis to Revelation

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Totally bypasses her "desire" to make one wise... covet, take without asking... and puts the blame on the serpent.
She chose to believe the lie.

Jas 1:14
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Jas 1:15
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

In the day thou eatest it, thou shalt die. Lust brings forth sin which brings forth death.

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10
And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Eve may never have encountered the serpent if the desire for wisdom and to be as god, was not already working in her heart.
From the moment God said, Do not eat of it, sin revived.
For without the commandment sin had nothing to grab onto. You can't break a law where there is no law.
So why make the law to not eat in the first place?

Heb 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

So instead of asking for the fruit, Adam and Eve would now have to earn it.
They were no longer under the grace of God, but had become servants to sin.

Rom 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Gen 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

I have a feeling God isn't talking about Adam here.
Because first Eve listened to the snake, and then gave to her husband.
This "desire" to her husband has now become her "desire" to sin. And it is Sin that will rule over her.

Jhn 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
This is Sin.

Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Gen 3:18
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

dust thou art...

Gen 3:14
And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

1Pe 5:8
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Mat 24:4
And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
Mat 24:5
For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:6
And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
Mat 24:7
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
Mat 24:8
All these are the beginning of sorrows.

Jas 4:1
From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

2Ti 4:3
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Adam accused God because he gave the woman to him.
Eve accused the snake because of lust in her own heart.
And God accused the man because he listened to his wife.

And God cursed the snake....
Deu 27:18
Cursed be he that maketh the blind to wander out of the way. And all the people shall say, Amen.

Why did God create the serpent?
What was it's purpose regarding Eve?
How do you expose lies to the truth?

Is the serpent a tool God uses to expose nakedness?
And once sin is revealed what happens to the snake?
It goes looking for it's next victim.

Was Eve decieved or was she simply going along with the lie for her own self gain?

How can God chasten a son if there is nothing to chasten for?
How are we to train against evil, if there is no evil to be trained against?

Just some thoughts...

Ecc 3:17
I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

Hugs

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

Totally bypasses her "desire" to make one wise... covet, take without asking... and puts the blame on the serpent.
She chose to believe the lie.

Jas 1:14
Jas 1:15
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

In the day thou eatest it, thou shalt die. Lust brings forth sin which brings forth death.

Rom 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
Rom 7:8
But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
Rom 7:9
For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
Rom 7:10
And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11
For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12
Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13
Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

Eve may never have encountered the serpent if the desire for wisdom and to be as god, was not already working in her heart.
For without the commandment sin had nothing to grab onto. You can't break a law where there is no law.
So why make the law to not eat in the first place?

Heb 12:6
For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Heb 12:7
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Heb 12:8
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
Heb 12:9
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
Heb 12:10
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
Heb 12:11
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

So instead of asking for the fruit, Adam and Eve would now have to earn it.
They were no longer under the grace of God, but had become servants to sin.

Rom 6:16
Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Gen 3:16
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

I have a feeling God isn't talking about Adam here.
Because first Eve listened to the snake, and then gave to her husband.
This "desire" to her husband has now become her "desire" to sin. And it is Sin that will rule over her.

Jhn 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
This is Sin.

Gen 3:17
And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
Gen 3:18
Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
Gen 3:19
In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

dust thou art...
RECONSIDER and make a Precise Adjustment thru ORIGIN = Genesis/Beginning = Everything has a Beginning (except God).

You said: "Eve may never have encountered the serpent if the desire for wisdom and to be as god, was not already working in her heart.

READJUSTMENT here is pertinent as you have placed sin in Eve before sin entered her heart.

You quoted James = Jas 1:14

This is AFTER sin had entered Eve & Adam and the entire human race - Eve had no sin in her until...........Serpent/Satan

Eve could not look and lust after the forbidden fruit UNTIL the Serpent/Deceiver/Satan interacted with Eve.

AGAIN - It was impossible for Eve to look upon the forbidden fruit with lust or covetousness apart from the Serpent/Satan.

How do we know this from Genesis??? = and God said "It is Good" = without Sin in all of His Creation on Earth/Animals/Man

Before the Serpent/Satan deceived Eve & Adam, ALL of Creation(on Earth/Animals/Man) was in a State of sinless Goodness that came out of the Mouth of God.

For it is written: "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the Mouth of God". Matthew 4:4

And to whom was this directly spoken to??? = Satan

Who else is this directly spoken to???

PEACE

Last edited: