Ghosts or demons or both?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael Holder said:
Gods Word tells us the dead know nothing, they are basically asleep until the resurection. It also tells us not todeal with so called familiar spirits. So called ghosts are not the souls of the departed but are fallen angels ( demons ) trying to deceive us. Many will even give factually correct info for a period, but from the research ive done it seems the main agenda is convince people the departed one, regurdless of thier belief has gone to heaven and that there is no judgement.
Interesting insight....thank you.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Tex said:
I would agree. I don't believe human spirits roam around on earth. I don't even believe they have the ability to do such a thing.
If they did, given the sheer number of humans who have lived and died over the history of the earth, we should be absolutely flooded with 'em. But as it stands, no one has been able to provide objectively verifiable proof of the existence of even one.

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Whatever people speculate and predict, the fact remains, we don't know actually know. I am agnostic on Ghosts and poltergeists. None of the scriptures point to these. So I have only my own knowledge as do we all. Nothing can prove or disprove this.
And for aliens, I very well believe that we are not the only ones. I believe god created others just like us, the evidence is overwhelmingly compelling. From the evidence, there are far too many galaxies for us to be the only ones created in the far stretches of our universe, things are more complex than they seem, and I believe god made things in this purpose for a reason, to test our faith. To see if we are worthy.
But yet, nobody knows. So everything is left to wild speculation until the truth is revealed to us.
For the time being just keep worshipping the Lord our God, and our saviour Jesus Christ and they shall reveal all that have not been when the time is right for us to enter the path of ultimate enlightenment of truths.

God bless.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I'm just chuckling at the space alien advocates and their strongest defense of their beliefs...."with all the stars and planets out there, there HAS to be other life!"

I beg your pardon....no there doesn't. Pointing out that there are other stars and orbiting planets is not proof of space aliens.

.......and so no, the evidence is not "overwhelmingly compelling".

Space aliens exist if God wills them to exist and don't if it wasn't God's pleasure to create them. The number of galaxies, stars, and planets is entirely irrelevant. Sorry to burst your flying glass canopy saucer with a little bit of cold logic.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
says the guy who believes in a giant ape man without crediable evidence........

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
Sorry, did not read through all replies, maybe somebody already made this point.

Ghosts are just demons playing games with people to make them run around like fools chasing "ghosts" as "paranormal investigators". Waste their whole lives doing this meaningless, pointless "chase" and not even to stop and think about what really matters - God!

One of MANY, MANY ways Satan is making people waste their lives.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Suhar said:
Sorry, did not read through all replies, maybe somebody already made this point.

Ghosts are just demons playing games with people to make them run around like fools chasing "ghosts" as "paranormal investigators". Waste their whole lives doing this meaningless, pointless "chase" and not even to stop and think about what really matters - God!

One of MANY, MANY ways Satan is making people waste their lives.
The demons are pretty convincing. Even the disciples of Jesus thought at one point that Jesus was a ghost, proving that belief in ghosts was prevalent then as it is today and in every diverse culture imaginable.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
This Vale Of Tears said:
The demons are pretty convincing. Even the disciples of Jesus thought at one point that Jesus was a ghost, proving that belief in ghosts was prevalent then as it is today and in every diverse culture imaginable.
Wow! I mean WOW! We actually agree on something!

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A ghost, is the spirit of a dead person, somehow trapped on earth, or, left in the grave and ready and able to be called up by "mediums"

This is incorrect. The spirits of the unsaved dead are not permitted to reach out to the living.

A "ghost" is a fake representation of a dead person - a demon.

This is correct. Odd that you would state both though as only one could be true. When an evil spirit possesses a person they know their memories and personality so after their death they can impersonate them, and if they enter another person they can give that person "past life memories".

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have been paralyzed before laying in bed with my eyes open and have seen dark shadow figures, like a shape of a human, darker than the night sky, darker than the darkest darkness you could ever imagine, the ones i have seen, make awful noises and another time they were swearing at me too, another time it felt like they were lifting me up off my bed and going through my body, scientists, doctors know this as sleep paralysis, but i'm pretty sure they were demons, it's the devil's way to steal people's sleep. Call out the name of Jesus if this ever happens to you, and it will leave.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
Call out the name of Jesus if this ever happens to you, and it will leave.
Without agreeing or disagreeing, doing this is always best.