Gifts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The two most precious gifts ever given to me,

Christ and salvation

Why Jesus first, because if not for Him, there would be no salvation. I never called Jesus, He came to me, I heard a voice, i beleived, then many years later He chose to show Himself to Me, what greater friend can you have then the Son of God who doesnot put it benath Himself to come to one such as I, a sinner, could you deny Him if He called.

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

I believed then I saw, for He chose that it should be that way.

In what is my faith, if you took my bible and burnt it, then buried the ashhes i would still have Jesus with me and His words would alays remain in me, if you took all the churches in the world and tore them down and scattred the remnants to the four winds. I still would have Jesus and His words would still remain in me, if you took all men, destroyed them all, gathered all the corpeses and burnt them then buried them, still I would have Christ living In me. if you took my body and killed it, then buried it, then i still would have Christ for my spirirt would go to Him and I will be in paradise with the One who loves me unconditionally. Name me a greater gift then this, do you not desire it too.

In His LOve

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The two most precious gifts ever given to me,

Christ and salvation

Why Jesus first, because if not for Him, there would be no salvation. I never called Jesus, He came to me, I heard a voice, i beleived, then many years later He chose to show Himself to Me, what greater friend can you have then the Son of God who doesnot put it benath Himself to come to one such as I, a sinner, could you deny Him if He called.

Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

I believed then I saw, for He chose that it should be that way.

In what is my faith, if you took my bible and burnt it, then buried the ashhes i would still have Jesus with me and His words would alays remain in me, if you took all the churches in the world and tore them down and scattred the remnants to the four winds. I still would have Jesus and His words would still remain in me, if you took all men, destroyed them all, gathered all the corpeses and burnt them then buried them, still I would have Christ living In me. if you took my body and killed it, then buried it, then i still would have Christ for my spirirt would go to Him and I will be in paradise with the One who loves me unconditionally. Name me a greater gift then this, do you not desire it too.

In His LOve

How did you learn about Jesus, his words and salvation? It's a good thing all the bibles haven't been burned so many others will be able to read about and learn who Jesus is, about his words and salvation.
The only so-called bible that I ever burned was a satanic bible, which deserved to be burned.(just a side note)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Like so many carnal christians, I went to church, raised a catholic because that is what my mum was, so like billons of peole all over the world, christian and non christian alike, i knew " about " this man called Christ, but like so many I just knew about Him, even atheist know the name of Christ and know that He died for them so that does not make us any better off then them. Then one day a voice spoke and I believed, something different, but did not understand, It was not till a number of years later that Christ showed Himself to me, so now I know Christ, not Just His name , but my saviour, and I hear His voice and He knows me, better then I know myself. I did not come to Christ because i heard about Him, neither did I come to Christ because I read about Him, i like Saul and so many otheres had an encounter with our saviour, and I hold on to Him.See i dont need the bible, the dead letter, for I have the living word. For you know about Him, so does satan and the devils, so do the religious and the atheist, and the satanist and the fool, but they dont know Him, for they are yet carnal, when Christ is spirit and truth.

For is it not wriiten in your precious book" My sheep Hear My voice and will follow no other". and " the letter Killeth", or The words that I speak they are spirit and they are life", do you not believe what you read, or is Christ dead to you.

In His LOve

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like so many carnal christians, I went to church, raised a catholic because that is what my mum was, so like billons of peole all over the world, christian and non christian alike, i knew " about " this man called Christ, but like so many I just knew about Him, even atheist know the name of Christ and know that He died for them so that does not make us any better off then them. Then one day a voice spoke and I believed, something different, but did not understand, It was not till a number of years later that Christ showed Himself to me, so now I know Christ, not Just His name , but my saviour, and I hear His voice and He knows me, better then I know myself. I did not come to Christ because i heard about Him, neither did I come to Christ because I read about Him, i like Saul and so many otheres had an encounter with our saviour, and I hold on to Him.See i dont need the bible, the dead letter, for I have the living word. For you know about Him, so does satan and the devils, so do the religious and the atheist, and the satanist and the fool, but they dont know Him, for they are yet carnal, when Christ is spirit and truth.

For is it not wriiten in your precious book" My sheep Hear My voice and will follow no other". and " the letter Killeth", or The words that I speak they are spirit and they are life", do you not believe what you read, or is Christ dead to you.

In His LOve
"See i dont need the bible, the dead letter,..."

Is the word of God dead to you? Do you not believe what you read? Or what you quote? The word of God is not dead.
Heb. 4:12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
You quote scriptures from the bible and call it the dead letter. Yes, you do need it. You need it to quote scriptures to try to prove that you don't need it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No I do not, for as I have said I have the Living word "Jesus:, but carnal Christians have taken the bible and made it an idol, and put it above God,Jesus and the Holy Spirit, they have taken God and made Him as man, Taken the truth and bent it and shaped it to conform to their flesh. For one day you may be thrown in prison for your beliefs, not allowed to have a bible or see anyone, and then who will your faith be in Jesus, or the bible. But wiout the spirirt working in you I cannot neither can God convince you of anything, for your flesh cries out" look at me God i earned my salvation", And to Jesus "I know all about the bible" and He would say, yes but you dont know Me".

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart

The disciples never needed it.

In His LOve

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I do not, for as I have said I have the Living word "Jesus:, but carnal Christians have taken the bible and made it an idol, and put it above God,Jesus and the Holy Spirit, they have taken God and made Him as man, Taken the truth and bent it and shaped it to conform to their flesh. For one day you may be thrown in prison for your beliefs, not allowed to have a bible or see anyone, and then who will your faith be in Jesus, or the bible. But wiout the spirirt working in you I cannot neither can God convince you of anything, for your flesh cries out" look at me God i earned my salvation", And to Jesus "I know all about the bible" and He would say, yes but you dont know Me".

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart

In His LOve

Yes you do and...The bible is not an idol. I most certainly have not taken God and made him as man. I have not said that I have earned salvation, because I can't, nor have I said that I know all about the bible, because I don't. When did I say this? I have only spoken of the importance of the bible and studying it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes you do and...The bible is not an idol. I most certainly have not taken God and made him as man. I have not said that I have earned salvation, because I can't, nor have I said that I know all about the bible, because I don't. When did I say this? I have only spoken of the importance of the bible and studying it.

Again I am so glad that God is patient with man, its like beating you head against a brick wall, yet I cannot make you understand, it would be far easier for me to go to a tribe of cannibals and tell them about Jesus and never mention a bible, then to try and convince christians of the truth, for they have set their hearts and minds in concrete and made them unchangeable, yet even for their own lives sake. And they cannot seperate the Spoken word", The words that I speak they are Spirirt and they are life", from the written word,'The Letter Killeth"."for in them you think you have life, yet you wont come to Me so I can give you eternal life". Knowing about God and knowing the bible does not make you better then any unsaved person, for in itself it cannot save you, change you, or bring you life, that only Christ can do, and untill you go to Him, you will never grow.

In His LOve

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again I am so glad that God is patient with man, its like beating you head against a brick wall, yet I cannot make you understand, it would be far easier for me to go to a tribe of cannibals and tell them about Jesus and never mention a bible, then to try and convince christians of the truth, for they have set their hearts and minds in concrete and made them unchangeable, yet even for their own lives sake. And they cannot seperate the Spoken word", The words that I speak they are Spirirt and they are life", from the written word,'The Letter Killeth"."for in them you think you have life, yet you wont come to Me so I can give you eternal life". Knowing about God and knowing the bible does not make you better then any unsaved person, for in itself it cannot save you, change you, or bring you life, that only Christ can do, and untill you go to Him, you will never grow.

In His LOve

Matt. 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. [sup]24[/sup] For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. [sup]25[/sup] See, I have told you ahead of time. [sup]26[/sup] "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Matt. 24:23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Messiah!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. [sup]24[/sup] For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. [sup]25[/sup] See, I have told you ahead of time. [sup]26[/sup] "So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the wilderness,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

??? Did anyone say Christ is here or Christ is there, there are many in this world claiming to be Christ, as yet there are many there claiming to be preaching Christ yet bringing men into bondage. Christ is Spirirt as is God., which is why we are to walk in" the spirirt of truth", not with our carnal minds. And no the Spirirt is not an alchoholic drink, though many see spirits often drinking some.

In His LOve

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
??? Did anyone say Christ is here or Christ is there,

Yes, you did. You said Jesus appeared to your friend in the Dancing with Jesus thread.
quote "And yes, Jesus did appear to my firend, She has even being in the Lap of God,"...

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.”
Heb. 11:1 Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

In His LOve

John 14:26 shows that the holy spirit will help us by 'bringing back to our minds all the things' Jesus told us.

Now, if a christian has not read about the things Jesus has taught, how will the holy spirit be able to help that person if they are in the situation where they dont have access to a bible?

a person who has not learnt from the source of Gods word will not have anything in their minds which the holy spirit will be able to 'bring back'

We need to learn the knowlegde of God from a reliable and authoritive source such as that written by Gods inspired writers.

“You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus.” 2 Tim. 3:14, 15

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God I am so glad that you are forever patient with man, for if it where not so, none of us would be saved.

In His LOve

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Who has Idolized the Bible? No one worships the Bible (atleast none that I personally know of). Ultimately it is a book and not God. That's an easy separation to make.

However, the words within are Holy and give a testimony to the works of God from beginning to the end.

God commanded Moses to write the Law. The Jews were commanded to build an ark and put the covenant in it. There were specifics demaned by God of how they were to build it, and care for it.

The ark went everywhere with them. They fought wars over it.

If God commanded his written word to be protected and cared for and great care and measures taken just for a container, that must mean something.

If the Bible is not "needed", then why is it that unbelievers can't understand a word of it when they read it? Why has it survived the centuries? Why is it that no matter how people have tried to stamp it out, it's still here for everyone to this day?

It's not that anyone worships the Bible, it's revered as the Word of God. It's a gift to us that gives testimony and instruction.

God wrote his laws on our hearts and minds as promised, and the Holy Spirit guides us and teaches us. This is all true. How much more powerful is it that we have a written word also, to combine our gifts and to learn from and to teach from?

Just because I feel a thing is okay in my heart doesn't make it so. If the Bible says "NO" buy my heart or my mind says "YES" where am I to get the correction?