Give me one good reason.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mister Michael

Sep 13, 2018
Florida
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Why i should leave Jehovah's witnesses.

I am curious if you think you have a good reason then tell me remember i use the NWT Bible. But you can use any version you want.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
know that, even though a prophet speaks in the name of the LORD, if his oracle is not fulfilled or verified, it is an oracle which the LORD did not speak. The prophet has spoken it presumptuously, and you shall have no fear of him.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I am curious if you think you have a good reason then tell me remember i use the NWT Bible. But you can use any version you want.

I can't answer that, because only God should be telling each of us where we should fellowship.
Any denomination is not "God"( though some think that they are) ... So it is God the Father that we are joined to...not any cult, religion or denomination..

Get joined to God...that is the "Safe Place"...then let Him lead you from there.
But that is just my view and opinion...

Reactions: Truth and Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't answer that, because only God should be telling each of us where we should fellowship.
Any denomination is not "God"( though some think that they are) ... So it is God the Father that we are joined to...not any cult, religion or denomination..

Get joined to God...that is the "Safe Place"...then let Him lead you from there.
But that is just my view and opinion...

...which is only shared by...let's see...the host of heaven!

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said. Reasons not questions

Probably the fact that JW's do not believe that Jesus is God. They reduce Jesus to a created being, when in fact, the Word, who Jesus was before becoming man so he could die, had no beginning nor end. (firstborn of all creation, in fact means, ruler over all creation, just as King David was called "firstborn" though he was the youngest of 7 children.) The Word was with God, and the Word was God, not "a god" as JW's twist.

Isaiah 9:6
6 For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Those all are names of God, who Christ is. They are plural, but one - the mystery of the Trinity. Spirit, Father, Son. (Trinity is not a bad word as JW's believe, just above our pay grade to understand precisely.)

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

The biggest reason to leave them is this:

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. 23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

The Christ is what is described in Isaiah 9:6, so if you can't believe that Jesus is Mighty God, you don't have the Father either.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure I would ever tell someone to leave their "religion". I could only say why I myself am not a JW, or a this or a that.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure I would ever tell someone to leave their "religion". I could only say why I myself am not a JW, or a this or a that.

By "religion" I believe you mean denomination, because Hindu is a religion, as is Buddhist, and the Druids. JW, I believe, is a denomination that does believe in Jesus as Son and Savior, even though not God.

What I would never say is that JW's are not saved. Only God knows what He will do with those who devalue His Son.

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I do not believe that anyone should ever tell anyone to change their position regarding where they Attend, and Fellowship, All one should do is express what the Savior said! The Truth Shall Set You Free. Do what Many People have done, Just Truly ask for the Truth, Let the Spirit lead you into Truth, then you will know that only you have found where you need to be, by the Love and Grace of God and Savior, His Spirit will lead you into all Truth.
So to express what this did for My Wife and I, we were trying to reattach to the Faith, after a few years of being foolish, so we went to a familiar Branch, denomination that we used to attend, and after a few months we just knew, there had to be MORE than just coming in and singing a hymn and sitting down then standing up and praying for the sick, and sitting down, and standing up, singing another song, then hearing a Sermon that has been replayed like a rerun of Star trek! Being given a glass of one percent milk, and there never being something solid for growth. My Wife prayed for the Truth, and I also prayed for the Truth, But each of us did it in secret, we never realized that we both had prayed this prayer, until after 4 month's, as we were being lead into Truth's that the Church never teaches! That was 19 year's ago, and we are still eating Meat, not surviving on low-fat milk, Speaking Spiritually not Physically!
If you Truly want something ASK! Our Savior will Show You He keeps His Word! Seek Ye First The Kingdom [Truth] Of God - All Else will be Added!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By "religion" I believe you mean denomination, because Hindu is a religion, as is Buddhist, and the Druids. JW, I believe, is a denomination that does believe in Jesus as Son and Savior, even though not God.

No, I meant "religion" in quotations because I see it as man made...I have a "Faith" - that being a follower of Jesus Christ. There are thousands of religions and, it is not up to me to try and talk someone out of theirs. If asked for the reason for the hope that is in me, I will be ready to answer what ever questions posed to me. It is up to the Holy Spirit to convict, not me. BTW-prayer comes in REAL handy in these cases :)

Reactions: Helen

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I meant "religion" in quotations because I see it as man made...I have a "Faith" - that being a follower of Jesus Christ. There are thousands of religions and, it is not up to me to try and talk someone out of theirs. If asked for the reason for the hope that is in me, I will be ready to answer what ever questions posed to me. It is up to the Holy Spirit to convict, not me. BTW-prayer comes in REAL handy in these cases :)

I've talked to JW's at length, not closing the door in their face as some religious folk do, and about Jesus, and they believe most everything I do. I remember growing up, we were taught that Jesus became man, and stayed man; that he was no longer God, so I was amazed when in the epistles the apostles showed that Jesus is God. I even wrote "Jesus is God!" next to the verse. Now, I wish I had also put a date.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've talked to JW's at length, not closing the door in their face as some religious folk do, and about Jesus, and they believe most everything I do. I remember growing up, we were taught that Jesus became man, and stayed man; that he was no longer God, so I was amazed when in the epistles the apostles showed that Jesus is God. I even wrote "Jesus is God!" next to the verse. Now, I wish I had also put a date.

I had a woman and a child with her the last time they came to my door. I am always kind to them, and even commend them on their diligence. I made my point very clear, and in love as well when I greeted them and let them hand me their tract while saying that oh yes, Jesus is my GOD and He rules me and my house...(since they do not believe Jesus was God Incarnate) they were the ones to actually leave without another word. It was plesant, I got my point across. I also think the woman did not want the youngster to hear what I was saying. I do not recall ever seeing one as young as that (8ish yrs. old) accompanying them.
May I ask, what faith/denom./religion, lol, did you grow up with? Mine is a Catholic background.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a woman and a child with her the last time they came to my door. I am always kind to them, and even commend them on their diligence. I made my point very clear, and in love as well when I greeted them and let them hand me their tract while saying that oh yes, Jesus is my GOD and He rules me and my house...(since they do not believe Jesus was God Incarnate) they were the ones to actually leave without another word. It was plesant, I got my point across. I also think the woman did not want the youngster to hear what I was saying. I do not recall ever seeing one as young as that (8ish yrs. old) accompanying them.
May I ask, what faith/denom./religion, lol, did you grow up with? Mine is a Catholic background.

Seventh-day Adventist.

Reactions: Nancy