Giving up soemthing for lent

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
I havn't quite decided yet,! I think it is going to e Cocacola, beer (bitter), cholcolate or pizza. None of which are paticularly good for you. I'm also going to use the static bike more too.

Of course when you give up something for Lent you cn still have it on Sunday's because they are not part of the 40 days of Lent.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
When I was growing up in Catholic school, I always tried to give up homework for lent.
Never worked.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
When I was growing up in Catholic school, I always tried to give up homework for lent.
Never worked.

That's a good one! :D Of course, my priest would say that you are supposed to give up something that you like, not something that you don't like.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since it can be useful to give up something you are too attached to for Lent, I am giving up procrastination this year. After praying and considering several ideas. I realized how much I enjoy / hate putting things off. So, in order to make a good start, I have decided to commit to spending at least 15 minutes engaging in all activities I should be doing each day - I am hoping this habit will stay with me for the long run.

blessings

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Since it can be useful to give up something you are too attached to for Lent, I am giving up procrastination this year. After praying and considering several ideas. I realized how much I enjoy / hate putting things off. So, in order to make a good start, I have decided to commit to spending at least 15 minutes engaging in all activities I should be doing each day - I am hoping this habit will stay with me for the long run.

blessings

I also need to do this. I keep putting things off until tomorrow. The problem is "tomorrow" never comes. :D