GM Foods and the End Times?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
Today I read about Genetically Modified Organisms in our foods and what they can do to us and it really frightened me. The rumors on YouTube are pretty scary too and yet believable. I can't understand how lawmakers could turn a blind eye to something this catastrophic, but it seems they're reluctant to get involved in putting a stop to this for some reason.

I'm wondering if this could be part of what the Lord was speaking of in Matthew 24:21 when he said: "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

I'm guessing the Lord was referring to different things in that verse, but I wondered if GM foods could possibly be one of them? Do you think GM foods and their disastrous effects are part of the tribulation people will experience? I really want to have peace over this because I felt upset and helpless after reading about it.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts and feedback you may have!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what to think about GM food - there is a lot of scare tactics out there. I should learn more about it

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
I agree about the scare tactics, Aspen. I never paid much attention to GM articles before now because I don't know much about it. They mentioned a book by Jeffery M. Smith called "The Seeds of Deception" so I visited his site just to see if I could learn a little bit more, and (sad to say) it wasn't the most reassuring reading, let me tell you! :unsure: Then I remembered the Bible verse I mentioned above, especially the part: "...such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" and wondered if a scourge like this on the food supply could be a part of the end times?

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I agree about the scare tactics, Aspen. I never paid much attention to GM articles before now because I don't know much about it. They mentioned a book by Jeffery M. Smith called "The Seeds of Deception" so I visited his site just to see if I could learn a little bit more, and (sad to say) it wasn't the most reassuring reading, let me tell you! :unsure: Then I remembered the Bible verse I mentioned above, especially the part: "...such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" and wondered if a scourge like this on the food supply could be a part of the end times?

During the Bush administration genetically modified food was offered to one of the countries (can't recall which) where many were starving. The country's leaders rejected it because of it being genetically modified. Fact of the matter is, lot of plant seeds for years now have been hybrid type seeds genetically designed to create better produce. So even with having your own garden the quality of the seed is not guaranteed.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, you've given me some new ideas to think about - thanks and blessings!

During the Bush administration genetically modified food was offered to one of the countries (can't recall which) where many were starving. The country's leaders rejected it because of it being genetically modified. Fact of the matter is, lot of plant seeds for years now have been hybrid type seeds genetically designed to create better produce. So even with having your own garden the quality of the seed is not guaranteed.

I know France and some other European nations refused to import our beef because of the hormones and antibiotics given to the cows. I wonder if that was before mad cow disease broke out in England...haha

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Well, you've given me some new ideas to think about - thanks and blessings!

I know France and some other European nations refused to import our beef because of the hormones and antibiotics given to the cows. I wonder if that was before mad cow disease broke out in England...haha

The scarey part I see is with how some environmentalists have proclaimed that this earth cannot survive without a reduction in the world population.

But what of the flesh? God did not design our flesh bodies of this world to live forever, but to die once and then the judgment (Heb.9:27). So we are to fear not those who kill our flesh, but not our soul, but fear Him Which can destroy both our body and soul in the lake of fire (Matt.10:28).

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scarey part I see is with how some environmentalists have proclaimed that this earth cannot survive without a reduction in the world population.

But what of the flesh? God did not design our flesh bodies of this world to live forever, but to die once and then the judgment (Heb.9:27). So we are to fear not those who kill our flesh, but not our soul, but fear Him Which can destroy both our body and soul in the lake of fire (Matt.10:28).

Finding a way to feed the world sure is a scary undertaking......

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
[sup]Veteran, yes, that is true about the hybrid seeds. And even with having our own gardens, you're so right, the way it seems now, the quality even there couldn't be guaranteed. I read that, too, about some wanting to thin down the world's population this way. Thank you so much for quoting the scriptures, too, because that reassured me, especially Matthew 10:28. Thank you. [/sup]

[sup]Aspen, I don't know what to think of all this GM controversy, except it makes me know we must rely on and trust the Lord more than ever. Reading about it has been an added wake-up call for me that I would not want to even try to navigate through life's predicaments without going to Him in prayer and asking His guidance. Blessings to you too, my friend.[/sup]

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
[sup]Veteran, yes, that is true about the hybrid seeds. And even with having our own gardens, you're so right, the way it seems now, the quality even there couldn't be guaranteed. I read that, too, about some wanting to thin down the world's population this way. Thank you so much for quoting the scriptures, too, because that reassured me, especially Matthew 10:28. Thank you. [/sup]

Your very welcome. To be absent from this world is to be present with Him (2 Cor.5).

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
Fasting is always an option for Christians to deal with GM and pollution from the world. What is even worse than GM is our eating habits generally. There are so many obese people on western diets. This is not essentially because of GM, it is because of over indulgence and eating the wrong type of foods. Most people have no disciple when it comes to food. That is why God instituted fasting; so that all things, including our foods, are regulated by spiritual principles.

God Bless
Steve

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
GM food, now if the pest don't eat something that tells you something does it not. we as people can handle a lot of Poisson but over time it catches up with ya and then you get all the problems.
If you have so many head of cattle to a property you are responsible for their well being and being an idiot dost not get you off the hook.
When population is out of control nature will kick in and sorts it out.

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
I remember first hearing about GM products years ago on YouTube and did a slight bit of research on it but not much, and I thought it was terrible then, and tried to figure out why it was happening and spoke out against it though I didn't really understand the particulars then, I just knew it didn't sound right! Then I became busy with other things and didn't hear much about it again until recently when some of my family were talking about it. So I've done some googling and am completely shocked again by what I'm finding out. Just based on google pages (and I don't know how accurate it is), I'm finding traces of this are in almost everything we eat now.

Below is a link to where I found the info that really has me concerned. If this is not allowed, please forgive me and feel free to delete my post, but I just want you all to see what I'm talking about. The way farmers have been treated is unbelievable. God help those poor people! According to the site whose link is below, now even the chocolate is going to be GM! And if you read the people's comments below this article, you'll see how upset they are. So am I! I just don't know enough about GM to pass real judgment, but I don't see how this could be for anyone's good. Although, like sogj says, I have heard that if we do our best to eat healthy food and pray over it, the Lord will bless our efforts. And like Mr. Rosenberger says, if the bugs won't even eat it, that tells us something. :unsure:
Apologies if any find this link below offensive because of other content there. I haven't looked over the site, I just googled "gm in chocolate" on the off chance that they might be carrying it that far now! And sure enough!
I need to give this to the Lord and stop worrying about it. But now more than ever I truly believe GM products will figure in to being one of the end time pestilences or plagues (or at least something terrible) or whatever.

Ok, thanks for reading this. I'll get off my soapbox now. I'm starting to sound like my aunt. She is very upset about GM atrocities in Argentina. I just wish I knew what the Lord would have us do if things this bad are really going on?

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/12/03/70-of-world%E2%80%99s-raw-chocolate-soon-to-be-genetically-modified/

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the link, Marta. It looks like scientists can't resist the urge to 'play god'. That, and the never ending quest for increased profits motivates a host of dubious research projects. I shudder to think what goes on behind closed doors in many genetic research laboratories that we're not hearing about. :blink:

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Today I read about Genetically Modified Organisms in our foods and what they can do to us and it really frightened me. The rumors on YouTube are pretty scary too and yet believable. I can't understand how lawmakers could turn a blind eye to something this catastrophic, but it seems they're reluctant to get involved in putting a stop to this for some reason.

I'm wondering if this could be part of what the Lord was speaking of in Matthew 24:21 when he said: "For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

I'm guessing the Lord was referring to different things in that verse, but I wondered if GM foods could possibly be one of them? Do you think GM foods and their disastrous effects are part of the tribulation people will experience? I really want to have peace over this because I felt upset and helpless after reading about it.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts and feedback you may have!

You mean like Soylent Green? Where do the nutrients come from for GM foods?

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
Corn.

Created by man through engineering.

I don't have a problem with geneticaly engineered vegitables. I'm not so sure I have a problem with geneticaly engineered animals either. I definately don't have a problem with clones.

Hormones in meat, and preservatives in prepackaged foods concern me more.

Now that I think about it, MSG is concidered bad. But, I don't have a problem with it either.

Playing God? I guess it could seem like it. To me, creating a different vegetable is no different than creating a pesticide or fertilizer. Think about this here.

GM vegetables are resistant to pests, draught grow larger, all that type of stuff. Because we hear the word Genetic we become afraid because we don't understand exactly what it is. Now, we call that playing God, because after all, "If God wanted the vegetables to be resistant to plagues, He would've made them that way." But, we dont' think, the same way when pests are eating our gardens. Nope, we use pesticides. What about that wasp nest you might knock down this summer? What about that spider you killed, or that mosquito?

It's all the same to me.

I'm probably crazy as a loon, but, none of it concerns me at the moment.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Mankind has been genetically altering organisms since time immemorial (hundreds of breeds of dogs, orchids, etc). The only difference is we can make changes without having to wait generations for those changes to appear. The problem is we can make changes without having to wait generations for those changes to appear. Consequently, very beneficial AND very detrimental alterations are acheived very quickly.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
I wonder, If mankind was given this world and the things on it and could not make it better... of what use would we be as caretakers?
Our ability to learn... to achieve would be useless. However, If we were allowed to use our growing intelligence and abilities for the good... then as caretakers we have purpose. So, I am personally not all that concerned about much of the modifications man makes, but that does not mean they should be allowed unbridled and without safety concerns.

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
I am thankful for food period,i will live until God decides my time is up....why bother with such things.