God’s Allotments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You will always need to listen to and then follow God yourself in spite of good leaders, mediocre leader or even false leaders. If you do He will NOT lead you astray:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Apostle Paul wrote:

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." I Cor 11:1

Paul meant to follow him AS he followed Christ. To know whether your pastor or minister is following God rightly you must be hearing from God yourself...
True Amadeus, and I am going to church tomorrow for the first time in ages. I prayed and told God I was missing be able to worship with fellow believers and asked him to show me where to go and I added a sort of PS and said oh and please will someone offer me a lift. A couple of days later after I had 'liked' a Facebook entry of a guy from my church who I have never seen on Fb before and he offered to give me a lift. I didn't even know he still went there and my thoughts had been that it would have been a different church. But God is God and he answered my prayer but not in the way I expected. So I will have to see what my spirit tells me about the leadership and teaching now as it had got pretty ropey.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will always need to listen to and then follow God yourself in spite of good leaders, mediocre leader or even false leaders. If you do He will NOT lead you astray:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Apostle Paul wrote:

"Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ." I Cor 11:1

Paul meant to follow him AS he followed Christ. To know whether your pastor or minister is following God rightly you must be hearing from God yourself...

Or, just be a Berean :D

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True Amadeus, and I am going to church tomorrow for the first time in ages. I prayed and told God I was missing be able to worship with fellow believers and asked him to show me where to go and I added a sort of PS and said oh and please will someone offer me a lift. A couple of days later after I had 'liked' a Facebook entry of a guy from my church who I have never seen on Fb before and he offered to give me a lift. I didn't even know he still went there and my thoughts had been that it would have been a different church. But God is God and he answered my prayer but not in the way I expected. So I will have to see what my spirit tells me about the leadership and teaching now as it had got pretty ropey.

I cannot wait to hear about it!

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot wait to hear about it!
I can't wait to tell you but it may be late tomorrow night as we are seeing our little grandaughter tomorrow afternoon for the first time in almost three months - the one we've been praying for. And then we will stay at my daughter's, where the meeting will take place, for our tea. I think she's doing roast chicken. Since all this happened with the offer to take me to church people have been saying they miss me but nobody has ever been round to see how we are and that upsets me some.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't wait to tell you but it may be late tomorrow night as we are seeing our little grandaughter tomorrow afternoon for the first time in almost three months - the one we've been praying for. And then we will stay at my daughter's, where the meeting will take place, for our tea. I think she's doing roast chicken. Since all this happened with the offer to take me to church people have been saying they miss me but nobody has ever been round to see how we are and that upsets me some.
Oh how could I forget about you Sunday visit with your granddaughter!!! So, you have allot to look forward to tomorrow. And, yes, I don't understand Church folk sometimes...it;s like, if you are not showing up, oh well! No phone calls, no visits...nope, don't get that at all. :( But then again our focus is always on....Him ♥

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Oh how could I forget about you Sunday visit with your granddaughter!!! So, you have allot to look forward to tomorrow. And, yes, I don't understand Church folk sometimes...it;s like, if you are not showing up, oh well! No phone calls, no visits...nope, don't get that at all. :( But then again our focus is always on....Him ♥
I even tried to keep in touch by inviting people to meet in town for a coffee or lunch and either they made a date and then cancelled or said they were busy and would get back to me but never did so I just gave up trying in the end. Oh well, Jesus never lets me down.

Reactions: Nancy

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
God’s Allotments

A while ago God gave me a picture in my mind of some allotments. After praying about it became clear that in this spiritual picture the allotment plots represented the various denominations of the Church.

Now in the UK allotments are owned by the local council and are a series of plots with one boundary where people can have their own individual plots to grow fruit and veg. People being people none of the plots are perfect as some people are better gardeners than others and have a better vision of what they hope to achieve. Some plots are neater and more productive than others but apart from a very few which are unattended and left to nature they all produce crops depending on what is planted; they all bear some kind of fruit. They all have the same purpose – to grow a crop – but individual gardeners may go about achieving that aim in completely different ways and produce completely different crops.

God showed me that the various denominations of the Christian Church are a bit like these allotments. They all belong to the one God but are tended by vastly different people. But some ‘gardeners’ – pastors - are better than others and like the allotment plots, which are all individual, they do all bear spiritual fruit to one degree or another; some abundantly and others less so; and there are also the odd ones which have been badly tended for years and just seem to grow weeds.

I Googled images of allotments and if you try it you will see that there are all sorts, from the sublime to the ridiculous, from the flourishing to the floundering. It has really given me some food for thought.
I am of God but I used to be a sinner. I bore good crops and had good characteristics I was taught to find those who need God and Christ like sinners or pagans and Jesus helped me become a good or better person and I upheld the gospels and I liked Jesus and cared for the lost and sinners though who are sinners is debatable but all may have a propensity to sin in some way. Not all fleshy desires are evil or so bad. I work to help sinners pagans and the lost the best I can but versions of lost can be wrong or different.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I won souls of God and Christ or for them. I won souls for the church and the Bible is good. It's gods or the father's word. Its good for the christian and leading people to God and races are IMPORTANT. Never give up.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I am of God but I used to be a sinner. I bore good crops and had good characteristics I was taught to find those who need God and Christ like sinners or pagans and Jesus helped me become a good or better person and I upheld the gospels and I liked Jesus and cared for the lost and sinners though who are sinners is debatable but all may have a propensity to sin in some way. Not all fleshy desires are evil or so bad. I work to help sinners pagans and the lost the best I can but versions of lost can be wrong or different.
I lived up to and taught the gospels. Is Earth saved or not?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
@Pearl

1 Peter 5:1-4 LITV
(1) I, a fellow elder, exhort the elders among you, I being also witness of the sufferings of Christ, and being sharer of the glory about to be revealed:
(2) Shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight, not by compulsion, but willingly; nor eagerly for base gain, but readily;
(3) nor as exercising lordship over the ones allotted to you, but becoming examples of the flock.
(4) And at the appearing of the Chief Shepherd, you will receive the never fading crown of glory.

Made me think of this verse.

Much love!
Just glory.... Get real! It's glory only.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I upheld the gospels and I liked Jesus and cared for the lost and sinners though who are sinners is debatable
Sinners are those who haven't come to Christ and the ones who reject God. Even Christians still commit sin but we are no longer sinners in God's eyes because we are washed clean in the blood of Jesus. Sinners are those who have not bee washed in the blood of the Lamb.

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even Christians still commit sin but we are no longer sinners in God's eyes because we are washed clean in the blood of Jesus.
Correct. Christians are "saints" in the eyes of God. And saints are admonished not to sin, but can and do sin if they are not totally on guard.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Sinners are those who haven't come to Christ and the ones who reject God. Even Christians still commit sin but we are no longer sinners in God's eyes because we are washed clean in the blood of Jesus. Sinners are those who have not bee washed in the blood of the Lamb.
But is someone lost just because they are a sinner? Or pagans or something of the like? Is Christ the only way for all people?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But is someone lost just because they are a sinner? Or pagans or something of the like? Is Christ the only way for all people?
Jesus is the only way for anybody to come to God. We are all lost until we come to Jesus. And all who are not true Christians are pagans. True Christians are not just those who believe in God and go to church, true Christians are the Church, the ones from whatever denomination or none who have accepted Jesus as their Saviour.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Jesus is the only way for anybody to come to God. We are all lost until we come to Jesus. And all who are not true Christians are pagans. True Christians are not just those who believe in God and go to church, true Christians are the Church, the ones from whatever denomination or none who have accepted Jesus as their Saviour.
Yes Jesus is the go between for us and God and we are to offer spiritual offerings to God through Jesus.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes Jesus is the go between for us and God and we are to offer spiritual offerings to God through Jesus.
In a sense yes, but through his death and resurrection Jesus opened the way for us to come to God without a go between. If we have accepted Jesus we can approach God directly without a middleman. The tearing of the temple veil as Jesus died is a symbol of that. We can now approach God directly because our sin is washed away in Jesus blood if we repent and choose to follow him.