God’s Allotments

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
In a sense yes, but through his death and resurrection Jesus opened the way for us to come to God without a go between. If we have accepted Jesus we can approach God directly without a middleman. The tearing of the temple veil as Jesus died is a symbol of that. We can now approach God directly because our sin is washed away in Jesus blood if we repent and choose to follow him.
May I ask a question? Whats the difference between the world and Earth? This is one thing I'm not too sure about.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
May I ask a question? Whats the difference between the world and Earth? This is one thing I'm not too sure about.
I never thought about it before; perhaps they are interchangeable, but Earth is the planet we live on and world may be a way of describing the people who live on the planet. What do you think?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pagans are in the world but Christians are in the Earth?
Pagans/sinners belong to the world but Christians/saints belong to the kingdom of God. We are in the world but not of it as the bible says. We live in the same world, in the towns, cities and villages but we have another dwelling place in God. Does that make sense?
Do you believe that once we have come to Jesus and are born again that we then start to live in Eternity?

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Pagans/sinners belong to the world but Christians/saints belong to the kingdom of God. We are in the world but not of it as the bible says. We live in the same world, in the towns, cities and villages but we have another dwelling place in God. Does that make sense?
Do you believe that once we have come to Jesus and are born again that we then start to live in Eternity?
Yes. When we come to Jesus and dwell in him we have eternal life. And having another dwelling place in God too makes sense because God created us

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe so.
I believe Satan greatly influences the people of this world who do not belong to God. You've only to look around to see that we are living in an increasingly Godless society.

David kilmer

May 22, 2019
covelo
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I believe Satan greatly influences the people of this world who do not belong to God. You've only to look around to see that we are living in an increasingly Godless society.
What s God's plan?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pagans need to be saved, just like all other sinners.
Of course, but aren't all sinners pagans? I thought it was a term for those who didn't believe in God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl
Consider this verse:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

What world did Jesus overcome? Certainly not planet Earth. What Jesus overcame was the temptations contained in his own little world of flesh [dirt, clay, earth].

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

But Jesus was tempted... until he overcame the "world":
"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

Those three things are NOT running loose on planet Earth. Rather they are within the little self-contained world of each man of flesh. Jesus, the son of man, the man of flesh overcame them in his own body of flesh preparing himself to be the sacrifice. Probably he overcame the last temptation here:

"And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt." Matt 26:39

Then he was able to say this:

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

When he had overcome those three, for him there was no more temptation and also He, that is Jesus had opened the Door/Gate [closed and guarded as per Gen 3:23-24] providing access to the Tree of Life. Only overcomers may enter in and partake.

We have it also to do... that is to overcome our own little world.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Rev 2:7

Jesus made it possible for us through his sacrifice and the power of the Holy Spirit poured out as we read in Acts chapter 2...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Of course, but aren't all sinners pagans? I thought it was a term for those who didn't believe in God.
Pagans are generally polytheistic or animisitic. While they believe that there is a Supreme Being, they get focused on the lesser gods or spirits (including Buddha, who for all practical purposes is treated as a god).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Pagans are generally polytheistic or animisitic. While they believe that there is a Supreme Being, they get focused on the lesser gods or spirits (including Buddha, who for all practical purposes is treated as a god).
I'd always been a bit vague about what a pagan is but the article I gave a link to was very interesting.