God’s grace, plus the believer’s part: enduring faith, works, obedience!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
I don't doubt God's faithfulness towards me so, doubting His gets you in trouble no. try to save yourself. good people in hell.
Roman 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life IN Christ Jesus our Lord.

If one is not in Christ Jesus our lord when Jesus returns then one does not have eternal life. It is very simple regardless of how much you ignore it.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life IN Christ Jesus our Lord.

If one is not in Christ Jesus our lord when Jesus returns then one does not have eternal life. It is very simple regardless of how much you ignore it.
IN Christ Jesus our Lord...

Rom 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is IN Christ Jesus our Lord.

You're almost there Stan. - ATP

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
IN Christ Jesus our Lord...
Rom 8:38-39 NIV For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is IN Christ Jesus our Lord.
Yes, IN Christ Jesus, "provided that you persevere in the faith, firmly grounded, stable, and not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been preached to every creature under heaven" Col 1:23

Deflect and equivocate all you want ATP, you can't hide from the truth in God's word.:)

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
Yes, IN Christ Jesus, "provided that you persevere in the faith, firmly grounded, stable, and not shifting from the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been preached to every creature under heaven" Col 1:23

Deflect and equivocate all you want ATP, you can't hide from the truth in God's word. :)
If neither present nor future can separate us from God, how can we not persevere? :)

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Col 1:22 NIV - This passage is about losing blessings in Christ, not salvation. If you notice in Col 1:22 NIV it says we have already been reconciled through the blood of Christ shed on the cross. His blood is permanent. Also notice that the body of Christ is the one time sacrifice for sins in Col 1:22 NIV and Heb 10:10-12 NIV.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
If neither present nor future can separate us from God, how can we not persevere? :)
Again you completely failed to differentiate between what God does and what we do. Whether you do this deliberately or not is really hard for me to tell but it is obvious that you don't understand or differentiate between how faithful God is and how unfaithful believers are. Do I need to quote to you all the scriptures that show how unfaithful people can be towards God? External forces are not the same as internal forces and although you may be would like to believe that or think that, you are totally and unequivocally wrong.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Col 1:22 NIV - This passage is about losing blessings in Christ, not salvation. If you notice in Col 1:22 NIV it says we have already been reconciled through the blood of Christ shed on the cross. His blood is permanent. Also notice that the body of Christ is the one time sacrifice for sins in Col 1:22 NIV and Heb 10:10-12 NIV.
This comment is not surprising given the obvious evidence that you do not know how to properly exegete the word of God. Verse 21 describe Centers before they were saved by grace and Paul said that provided believers persevere they will not return to what they were. Your inability to get past your own inculcation is sad to say the least, and clearly demonstrates then you have no ability whatsoever to properly and rightly divide the word of truth as Paul instructed Timothy to do.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
StanJ said:
External forces are not the same as internal forces and although you may be would like to believe that or think that, you are totally and unequivocally wrong.
Uhh no. Neither present nor future can separate us from the love of God Stan. This love comes from the Holy Spirit which is most definitely internal, and lives in us. Are you born again Stan? - ATP

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
or differentiate between how faithful God is and how unfaithful believers are. Do I need to quote to you all the scriptures that show how unfaithful people can be towards God?
Does mans unfaithfullness stop God from being Faithfull? I still cannot understand why people seems to find a miilion reasons why God cant save them when God gave us the perfect reason to believe he can...Jesus.

Again

2Ti_2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

men denying the power of God to salvation, that is unbelief.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Psalm 100:4-5 NIV Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 108:4 NIV For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 145:13-14 NIV Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does. 14 The LORD upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
ATP said:
Uhh no. Neither present nor future can separate us from the love of God Stan. This love comes from the Holy Spirit which is most definitely internal, and lives in us. Are you born again Stan? - ATP
As you obviously don't understand what the verse says there's no use in discussing it with you.
The fact that you actually ask this question tells me all I need to know about your discernment.
I am also pretty sure that you know that is against the rules to question a person's salvation, when their profile clearly states they are.

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
StanJ said:
... the gift of God is eternal life IN Christ Jesus our Lord.
Yes, IMO, this refers to all of Romans 6, part of Romans 5, etc.

The gift of God is only realized, taken advantage of, etc. by those
who actually are involved in what Paul has been warning about:
the necessity of NOT being slaves of sin, but instead being ...
slaves of obedience, slaves of righteousness, ergo slaves of God,
all of which lead to holiness and eternal life!

But, of course, this only applies to those who believe Paul.

These things above are the result of true saving belief/faith.

These obedient believers who are practicing righteousness are
God's elect ... whom He saw before the foundation of the world.

As are the "faithful" saints whom Paul is specifically addressing
in Ephesians (1:1) and Colossians (1:2).
Faithful saints are not involved in habitual (unrepented-of) sin.

None of this is what today's Laodicean churches are teaching!

Zachary

Sep 24, 2015
B.C., Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
StanJ said:
Yes, IN Christ Jesus, "provided that you persevere in the faith, firmly grounded, stable, and not shifting from
the hope of the gospel that you heard, which has been preached to every creature under heaven" Col 1:23
IMO, the above warning was written to the "faithful" (1:2) saints
... to encourage them to continue in their faithfulness!

Yes, few understand what the NT really means by being "in Christ".
They think it means once receiving the Holy Spirit.

There are about 10 NT verses which warn:
Eternal life depends on enduring in the faith until the end of one's life!

But, who believes these warning verses?
Most prefer to simply trust in John 3:16 and Ephesians 2:8-9.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Zachary said:
IMO, the above warning was written to the "faithful" (1:2) saints
... to encourage them to continue in their faithfulness!

Yes, few understand what the NT really means by being "in Christ".
They think it means once receiving the Holy Spirit.

There are about 10 NT verses which warn:
Eternal life depends on enduring in the faith until the end of one's life!

But, who believes these warning verses?
Most prefer to simply trust in John 3:16 and Ephesians 2:8-9.
Yes it is, except to those who are caught up in their own Dogma. I wouldn't say that most prefer, but I would say it's a matter of what they have been taught. Once the word of God shows you the truth then it is your responsibility to either accept what it says or to not. Of course most people who believe in OSAS, also believed in Sovereign Election, so they don't think that they ever make a choice whether it involves accepting their savior or obeying what he tells them through His written word.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes it is, except to those who are caught up in their own Dogma. I wouldn't say that most prefer, but I would say it's a matter of what they have been taught. Once the word of God shows you the truth then it is your responsibility to either accept what it says or to not. Of course most people who believe in OSAS, also believed in Sovereign Election, so they don't think that they ever make a choice whether it involves accepting their savior or obeying what he tells them through His written word.
Actually its all about faith,

you know this bit,

When I return will I find faith upon the earth??

And yet all you read is how God cant save mankind.

Is that faith??