God’s Supernatural Provision: A Case Study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dec 28, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Gods-Supernatural-Provision-1.jpg

Jacob’s life is a perfect example of how God can provide for a believer and his family, supernaturally.⁠

Genesis 28:20 – 20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”⁠

Jacob stated that he would pay a tithe (a tenth) from all that God provides for him. The provision that Jacob is speaking of is a basic one of food and clothing. The same as the Apostle Paul:⁠

1 Timothy 6-8 - But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.⁠

We are meant to desire for only our needs to be met and no more. ⁠

In the story of Jacob, we can see that for fourteen years, he worked for his uncle, Laban. During which time, he received two wives but no wages for his work. Jacob’s wages came from God’s supernatural provision.⁠

Although Jacob received no earthly wages from Laban, he received a supernatural wage from God.⁠

Genesis 31:11-13 - 11 Then the angel of God said to me in the dream, ‘Jacob,’ and I said, ‘Here I am!’ 12 And he said, ‘Lift up your eyes and see, all the goats that mate with the flock are striped, spotted, and mottled, for I have seen all that Laban is doing to you. 13 I am the God of Bethel, where you anointed a pillar and made a vow to me. Now arise, go out from this land and return to the land of your kindred.’”⁠

Because of Jacob’s trust in God’s provision, God was faithful to him.⁠