God Died on the Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is it correct to say God died on the cross?

• Total voters

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
when Jesus as fully human died on the cross,humanity did not die with Him - so also when Jesus as fully divine died on the cross divinity did not die with Him - there is no problem - winc

Jul 6, 2011
when Jesus as fully human died on the cross,humanity did not die with Him - so also when Jesus as fully divine died on the cross divinity did not die with Him - there is no problem - winc

Yes I agree. Though one could say God died as He gave His only Son and raised his body back to life.. but on the cross Jesus gave up His spirit to His Father

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
Yes I agree. Though one could say God died as He gave His only Son and raised his body back to life.. but on the cross Jesus gave up His spirit to His Father

it must be understood that by one man[son of God -Lk.3:38] sin entered the world so by one man[son of God] the ransom was paid - a Kings ransom for a king created in the very image and likeness of God - btw we now as temples in ruins still show the glory that once was Greece - we as humans in ruins still show forth the glory that once was Man in ADAM made in the very image and likeness of God that shall be restored to us - winc

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically Jesus is fully God, so yes God died.
Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.
(Act 20:28)

Yet to be precise and not separate the two natures of Christ it is best to say Jesus the God-man died on the cross.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
Prophets didn’t foretell that God would die. They foretold that God would place sins upon His “groomed” servant Isa 11:1-3, Isa 53.

God raised His servant Jesus from David’s seed as He had sworn with an oath to him 2Sam 7:12, Ac 2:30, Ac 13:23 and made him Lord and Christ Ac 2:36.

Jesus never said he was God, is God or will ever be God Lu 24:39, 1Cor 15:28. Jesus said that the Father is the only true God Jn 17:3.

Jesus received all things from the Father Mt 11:27, Jn 11:41-42, Jn 12:47-50 for the purpose of God's (not his own glory) Jn 11:40. He received all power and authority as the right hand man of God after he was raised from the dead Mt 28:18.

The rest is meddling with God’s word against hundreds of proof texts. People fail to speak from God's word but repeat man made stories. They fail to understand that by doing it they contravene God's commandment.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Prophets didn’t foretell that God would die. They foretold that God would place sins upon His “groomed” servant Isa 11:1-3, Isa 53.

God cannot die. Yet God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth for His flesh body to die on the cross in order to what? As per Hebrews 2, to defeat death and the devil for us. Moreover, death of one's flesh is not death of their soul with spirit (Eccl.12:5-7). The "second death" of Rev.20 is the death of one's soul with spirit in the "lake of fire".

1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(KJV)

Apostle Paul recognized Jesus of Nazareth as God having come in the flesh. That's CHRISTIAN DOCTRINE directly via Christ's Apostle Paul. Jesus Himself ALSO declared He was God in the flesh at His first coming (see the end of John 8 where He said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

The Pharisee Judaism falseness that treats Jesus of Nazareth as just some prophet or ordinary flesh man does not work, especially not per New Testament doctrine of the New Testament writers which is what CHRISTIANITY is about.

winc

Jul 25, 2012
UK/England
so what exactly is the problem - we accept that Jesus was fully human and fully divine - when His humanity died on the cross Humanity did not die so also when His divinity died Divinity did not die - winc

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
God cannot die.

No contest.

Yet God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth...

Consider God's word like Isa 55:11, 2Sam 7:12, Ac 2:30, Ac 13:23 before you offer your own story:

... to defeat death and the devil for us.

Why then you frighten people with the devil if "he" is defeated?

Moreover, death of one's flesh is not death of their soul with spirit (Eccl.12:5-7). The "second death" of Rev.20 is the death of one's soul with spirit in the "lake of fire".

The pagano/platonic idea doesn't change God's word.

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
(KJV)
Consider:
Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.​
Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.​
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Apostle Paul recognized Jesus of Nazareth as God having come in the flesh.

Really?

Let's see:

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Rom 1:7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Paul repeats this in opening of each of his epistles like 1Cor 1:3, 2Cor 1:2 and so on.

Jesus Himself ALSO declared He was God...

Text, please.

so what exactly is the problem - we accept that Jesus was fully human and fully divine - when His humanity died on the cross Humanity did not die so also when His divinity died Divinity did not die - winc

What people preach and accept doesn't always appear in God's word.

The dual nature of the anointed servant whom God raised from David's seed happen to be one of them.

God cannot die.

No contest.

Yet God came in the flesh as Jesus of Nazareth...

Consider God's word like Isa 55:11, 2Sam 7:12, Ac 2:30, Ac 13:23 before you offer your own story:

... to defeat death and the devil for us.

Moreover, death of one's flesh is not death of their soul with spirit (Eccl.12:5-7). The "second death" of Rev.20 is the death of one's soul with spirit in the "lake of fire".

(KJV)
Consider:
Mat 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.​
Joh 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
No contest.

Paul's words in 1 Timothy 3:16 about Jesus Christ being God come in the flesh is a no brainer. The Father in Isaiah 7 & 9 with His Name of "Immanuel" which means 'with us is God', is a no brainer also. Strange how that was written about Christ in Isaiah and the unbelieving Jews had possession of that Scripture since Old Covenant times, but still do not heed it as written. I can understand why foreigners among Judah that claim to be Jews but are not would still refuse it; it's because they are not of Israelite birth, and some of them still worship the old false Baal gods of their Canaanite ancestors. Heck, some of them don't believe in God at all.

You mean per YOUR political correctness views, if ANYONE even mentions... the devil, that is taboo to do that, for fear of scaring someone???

Unbelievers SHOULD be scared. They will be gathered by the Devil. How's that one? A greater scare should be what will happen to those who still refuse Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ in final. They will receive the same fate as the Devil, cast into the future "lake of fire", as written in God's Word (Rev.20). How's that for your political correctness?

You mean YOUR "pagano/platonic idea", since disbelieve of God's Word about the real existence of Satan is a Gnostic doctrine that ORIGINATED from Neo-Platonism and the ancient pagans, and a continued false teaching among today's mystical fraternities of initiation. Sounds like you might be wrapped up in a little of that, or at the least from listening to some false prophet falsely preaching that the Devil is not a real entity, which is to contradict God's Holy Writ.

The problem is how many, (mainly unbelieving Jews) still refuse to believe that 'The Christ' is GOD, per of the Godhead of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, as written in God's Word.

Another problem they have is admitting that GOD could come in the flesh and be 'God with us', which is the meaning of Christ's Hebrew Title "Immanuel" from Isaiah.

And yet another problem they have is with the 'false Jew' foreigners they have among them that crept in throughout Bible history which are actually foreigners from the nations of Canaan, and from Esau. Those do a lot in deceiving true Jews of the house of Judah.

And foremost for today's time, those false ones have the plan to join ALL the world's religions into a one-world religion in prep for the coming false messiah, so they MUST try to paint our Lord Jesus Christ as nothing more than a prophet like Moses, Mohammed, Krishna, Buddha, etc. That's the only way they will be able to deceive the world into accepting their false king that's coming which they will proclaim as GOD. Thus they must subdue all 'religious' heads, which is how they see our Lord Jesus Christ, like He is no different than Mohammed, Buddha, Zoroaster, etc.

JosyWales

Oct 21, 2008
Orlando, Fl
Heh, Groundzero, you really got these guys dancing, yet not one person so far has provided the scripture that explains it all.

Let me give it a shot.

Zec 11:7 ¶ And I will feed the flock of slaughter, [even] you, O poor of the flock. And I took unto me two staves; the one I called Beauty, and the other I called Bands; and I fed the flock.

Zec 11:9 Then said I, I will not feed you: that that dieth, let it die; and that that is to be cut off, let it be cut off; and let the rest eat every one the flesh of another

Zec 11:10 And I took my staff, [even] Beauty, and cut it asunder, that I might break my covenant which I had made with all the people.

Zec 11:11 And it was broken in that day: and so the poor of the flock that waited upon me knew that it [was] the word of the LORD.

Zec 11:12 And I said unto them, If ye think good, give [me] my price; and if not, forbear. So they weighed for my price thirty [pieces] of silver.

Zec 11:13 And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty [pieces] of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD.

Why does everyone ignore this scripture? It seems to be telling us pretty plainly what is going on.

If you cant see that Jesus was the Staff of Beauty, then explain to me this part about it being sold out for 30 pieces of silver.

Not only that, but when God is paid off for breaking it, He takes it pretty personally, even to the point of saying "Look at these guys, Im only worth 30 pieces of silver to em". Its like saying that the Staff of Beauty and He are as one (that sounds pretty familier doesn't it).

Matter of fact, this is even confirmed in the New Testament here:

Mat 27:9 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying, And they took the thirty pieces of silver, the price of him that was valued, whom they of the children of Israel did value;

Mat 27:10 And gave them for the potter's field, as the Lord appointed me.

God killed Jesus at the request of His own people and was even paid for doing it. He went along with it because it was the only way to break the covenent of Abraham His friend because of the wickedness of the people. Also it allowed other more worthy people into the New Covenent which, because of Jesus, was much better than the old one.

As for Jesus actually dying, while it is true that His body ceased to operate for a few days, His spirit was always quite alive as it says here:

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison

Jesus 'dying' is a bit of a misnomer, since it is hard to preach if you dont exist somewhere.

The basic problem is that people dont understand that dying in this world is more like sleep and someday we will wake up. Jesus proved that for us.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As Alexander MacLaren states in his commentary on Rev 1:5...

"The divinest thing in God is His love, and the true glory is the glory that rays out from Him whom we behold 'full of grace and truth', full of love, and dying on the Cross. When we look at that weak man there yielding to the last infirmity of humanity, and yet in yielding to it manifesting His dominion over it, there we see God as we do not see Him anywhere besides."

think about it

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
veteran
Paul's words in 1 Timothy 3:16 about Jesus Christ being God come in the flesh is a no brainer. The Father in Isaiah 7 & 9 with His Name of "Immanuel" which means 'with us is God', is a no brainer also. Strange how that was written about Christ in Isaiah and the unbelieving Jews had possession of that Scripture since Old Covenant times, but still do not heed it as written. I can understand why foreigners among Judah that claim to be Jews but are not would still refuse it; it's because they are not of Israelite birth, and some of them still worship the old false Baal gods of their Canaanite ancestors. Heck, some of them don't believe in God at all.

You should consider Isa 8:8 before making your idea about what “Immanuel” may or may not mean.

You mean per YOUR political correctness views, if ANYONE even mentions... the devil, that is taboo to do that, for fear of scaring someone???

You said that the devil was concurred, didn’t you?

Unbelievers SHOULD be scared. They will be gathered by the Devil.

Who is this devil?

A greater scare should be what will happen to those who still refuse Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ in final. They will receive the same fate as the Devil, cast into the future "lake of fire", as written in God's Word (Rev.20). How's that for your political correctness?

Who is that devil?

You mean YOUR "pagano/platonic idea", since disbelieve of God's Word about the real existence of Satan is a Gnostic doctrine that ORIGINATED from Neo-Platonism and the ancient pagans, and a continued false teaching among today's mystical fraternities of initiation. Sounds like you might be wrapped up in a little of that, or at the least from listening to some false prophet falsely preaching that the Devil is not a real entity, which is to contradict God's Holy Writ.

Yet you failed so far to show written that it is a fallen angel.

The problem is how many, (mainly unbelieving Jews) still refuse to believe that 'The Christ' is GOD, per of the Godhead of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, as written in God's Word.

It is neither written this way no given in your creed:

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.​

The Nicene Creed

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

Another problem they have is admitting that GOD could come in the flesh and be 'God with us', which is the meaning of Christ's Hebrew Title "Immanuel" from Isaiah.

Did you missed such texts or just don’t like them?

Joh 12:47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.​
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.​
Joh 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.​
Joh 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.​

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.​

Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:​

JosyWales

Let me consider your submission in part to avoid lengthy and confusing posts.

You elaborated upon 1Pe 3:18-19

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison

Which is the Spirit spoken about here?

Not this?

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.​

So who went and preached in verse 19?​

prism

When we look at that weak man ...there we see God as we do not see Him anywhere besides.

No amount of human views/concepts will ever change hundreds of proof texts alike few of these:

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
Joh 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.
Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Joh 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.
Joh 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
Mat 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
1Co 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Eph 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
Eph 1:20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

2Sa 7:12 And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree. (God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob YHWH).
Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
Acts 10:38 – "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power. He went about doing good and healing all oppressed by the devil, for God was with him."

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Psa 8:5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
veteran

You should consider Isa 8:8 before making your idea about what “Immanuel” may or may not mean.

You said that the devil was concurred, didn’t you?

Unbelievers SHOULD be scared. They will be gathered by the Devil.

Who is this devil?

A greater scare should be what will happen to those who still refuse Jesus of Nazareth as The Christ in final. They will receive the same fate as the Devil, cast into the future "lake of fire", as written in God's Word (Rev.20). How's that for your political correctness?

Who is that devil?

Yet you failed so far to show written that it is a fallen angel.

It is neither written this way no given in your creed:

Joh 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.​

The Nicene Creed

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.

That is obvious Judaism lingo there, not of God's people through His Son Jesus Christ.

I am so amazed at how so many unbeliever false Jews are allowed to come here and openly distort The Gospel of Jesus Christ and slander Christianity.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
That is obvious Judaism lingo there, not of God's people through His Son Jesus Christ.

I am so amazed at how so many unbeliever false Jews are allowed to come here and openly distort The Gospel of Jesus Christ and slander Christianity.

Are you referring to me?

I am not a Jew.

As the matter of fact, the Christians proven by their fruits that they do not follow Jesus Christ.

Let me direct your attention to such Christian made world cataclysms as the WW 2 whereby Christians butchered their brothers by millions.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Are you referring to me?

I am not a Jew.

As the matter of fact, the Christians proven by their fruits that they do not follow Jesus Christ.

Let me direct your attention to such Christian made world cataclysms as the WW 2 whereby Christians butchered their brothers by millions.

If you think the Name in Isaiah of "Immanuel" does not mean what Matt.1:23 says... it means, then you are following a doctrine of Judaism. For they do not believe it, even though... it was first given through the prophet Isaiah in the Old Testament.

That vain reference to Christianity being the cause of WWII is yet another... FALSE JEW doctrine.

I also picked up your fake rhetoric against the Catholic Church, even though I am not a Catholic. That rhetoric is also the kind of rhetoric from false Jews today who try to blame the Catholic Church with supporting Hitler against the Jews. You people will LIE and SAY ANYTHING against Christianity because you are NOT OF GOD.

jerzy

Sep 7, 2012
If you think the Name in Isaiah of "Immanuel" does not mean what Matt.1:23 says... it means, then you are following a doctrine of Judaism. For they do not believe it, even though... it was first given through the prophet Isaiah in the Old Testament.

I don’t have objection to the meaning but asking to consider Isa 8:8 to.

Knowing what names like Gabriel means would add some light.

Besides, we are clearly told that God did His works through Jesus.

Therefore, “God with us” clearly doesn’t mean that Jesus was God. Jesus never said that he was God. To the contrary he said that the Father was the only true God.

That vain reference to Christianity being the cause of WWII is yet another... FALSE JEW doctrine.

What you know about the “Reichskonkordat “?

Do you know who blessed Hitler and Mussolini for the war?

Do you know who Germans and Italians were? Who the Europeans and Americans taking part in the WW 2 were?

Do you know how many Christians butchered their Christian brothers in that war?

I also picked up your fake rhetoric against the Catholic Church, even though I am not a Catholic. That rhetoric is also the kind of rhetoric from false Jews today who try to blame the Catholic Church with supporting Hitler against the Jews.

Can you show where I mentioned the RCC supporting Hitler against the Jews?

You people will LIE and SAY ANYTHING against Christianity because you are NOT OF GOD.

It is the history I am referring to with which you have a problem with not with me.

Anyway, I said that I wasn’t a Jew.

Do you need to create a label to discredit me?

Go ahead but be prepared to prove your accusations.

Elizabeth

Dec 14, 2013
ZebraHug said:
Is it correct to say God died on the cross?

I take the negative.
I voted yes. It's true that God died on the cross because Jesus Christ is one (and only one) Person. Even though He couldn't die in His divine nature, His human body died. Whatever happens to His humanity truly happens to God because He is one Person.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
God the Father did not die on the Cross, but God the Son did.

⅓ of the Triune Godhead died on the Cross.

The Triune Godhead consists of 3 persons:
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Dodo_David said:
God the Father did not die on the Cross, but God the Son did.

⅓ of the Triune Godhead died on the Cross.

The Triune Godhead consists of 3 persons:
God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
they are one essence God died on the cross that day..

as scripture says you have crucified the Lord of Glory..

LETS NOT MAKE GOD SMALLER THAN OUR MINDS so that he is able to fit in ..

A god smaller than our minds is not god at all..

scriptre does not need to be made reasonable it is reason that needs to be made scriptural..

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
horsecamp said:
they are one essence God died on the cross that day..

as scripture says you have crucified the Lord of Glory..

LETS NOT MAKE GOD SMALLER THAN OUR MINDS so that he is able to fit in ..

A god smaller than our minds is not god at all..

scriptre does not need to be made reasonable it is reason that needs to be made scriptural..

Yes, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are the same God in essence.