God doesn't believe in atheists...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Remagoen;41214)
I hate to actually do this, but I feel I must. First, you have deemed it proper to judge me rude and nasty, when as a Christian, that is not your place. Second, is it just me or does anyone else find Jackie's apology hollow sounding? Third, mistreated? Funny, I seem to recall Amira and Kalixx welcoming conversations with me, along with Super Kal and a few others. Heck, even Stlizzy DEFENDED me in my other thread and asked that I stay. I think they are able to defend themselves; and on that note, I like how you seem to place yourself above them and make it sound like it is you who knows how to save other people from me.Let them speak for themselves, and stop putting words in their mouths. If they think I'm not worth talking to, let them ignore me themselves. I'm sure they have enough brains to do such.Fourth, I'm not stick poking, Jackie. The fact that I refused to converse with you in the other thread should prove that I am in opposition to conflict. Actually, seeing as how you like to follow me around and stir up hives, I'm pretty certain I will all but totally ignore you now wherever I see you. I ask politely to do the same, as it's clear you don't like me.Thank you, Jackie, for showing me arrogance. I'll be sure your actions and do my best to avoid that pitfall. I hope you have a splendid day. Good bye.
I was merely giving you your own medicine Remagoen...please kindly go back to page one of this thread and read your own arrogant words to someone who had spoken kindly to you. You are right I don't like you. God didn't say I had to like people He said I have to love people, so I love you enough to tell you the truth and to pray for you. I spoke to you in that other thread and was slapped in the face with rudeness by you, not knowing that others had said the same thing to you. Do you think that because you have come here to a place that people believe in God that we are just going to sit idly by turning the other cheek to your cruelty? That is the impression I have gotten from you? I tried to be kind to you and you turned around and said something on the order of well there is at least some intelligent life here to someone else, completely passing by the fact that myself and others had tried and you bit us. Now you are crying oh Jackie's being mean to me? You're a big boy obviously, so you want to have civil conversations take off your own boxing gloves and treat us with some respect. I don't think that is too much to ask....I sincerely apologize for my unkind words to you the other night and today. Perhaps you could swallow a little of your own pride and arrogance and give the same back to those you have offended. I'm not asking for myself because it does not matter to me if you ever apologize to me...but those who put in extra effort to help you...you should give it to them...Be blessed brother, and just so you know, being a Christian means I speak the truth. And also keep this in mind, not every follower of God has been called to be passive..I am not one of the passive ones. But if you had given me a chance you might have found I'm not so stupid after all:).....

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
First, you have deemed it proper to judge me rude and nasty, when as a Christian, that is not your place.
First Phase............

Pildit

Feb 20, 2008
(Jackie D;41218)
Well you are on the right track to finding God, peacekeeping is one of the fruits of the Spirit of our Lord God Almighty. The rest are kindness, patience, long suffering, love, compassion etc...sounds like you have those too.
smile.gif

Thank you... wait... long suffering?!
One of the Lord's commandments are do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Yes, which is all well if you are kind to someone, they are kind back and this creates and kind circle. However if someone says something bad to you, and you say something bad back, this just creates a vicious circle and someone has to stop it.
And since I am a lover of the Lord Jesus Christ, I'll refrain from speaking anymore angry words at the one who chooses to be rude to us and mistreat us when we ARE trying to help. But please keep in mind that we too are human beings who have feelings that doesn't change just because we are Christian and none of us have done anything to be mistreated.
I still fail to see how "the one who was rude to us" was actually rude. The first instance I can remember off the top of my head was about you assuming something, which he kindly told you not to do_Of course you have feelings but no-one else seems to be throwing their doll out the stroller, and even if they want to, let them. If you do read the topic Remagoen has proved time and again, that if he's wrong he'll say so or apologise. As would I.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Pildit;41239)
Thank you... wait... long suffering?!Yes, which is all well if you are kind to someone, they are kind back and this creates and kind circle. However if someone says something bad to you, and you say something bad back, this just creates a vicious circle and someone has to stop it.I still fail to see how "the one who was rude to us" was actually rude. The first instance I can remember off the top of my head was about you assuming something, which he kindly told you not to do_Of course you have feelings but no-one else seems to be throwing their doll out the stroller, and even if they want to, let them. If you do read the topic Remagoen has proved time and again, that if he's wrong he'll say so or apologise. As would I.
if you say so Pildit, I'm not stupid, I have eyes and I can read. If you feel that I am in the wrong and you and Remageon are in the right I cannot do anything to change that. I spoke my apology. And have nothing else to say. May you both find what it is you are seeking and I will keep you both in my prayers. be blessed

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Man, its this natural fight response that Christians have when you go outside their scope of belief or doctrine thats why as Christians we cannot get along......thats the attack mode....

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Two;41249)
Man, its this natural fight response that Christians have when you go outside their scope of belief or doctrine thats why as Christians we cannot get along......thats the attack mode....
I think it is a natural response for every walk of life Two. I have no issue with people not agreeing with my belief system, I do have issue with watching people treat people unfairly though. Far as I'm concerned if people want to be atheist or budhist or muslem, that is their choice. I cannot change their minds and have no power to turn someone toward the one true God. again, to all parties concerned I am sorry for my anger. It has nothing to do with beliefs though, it has to do with people treating one another with respect and fairness.blessings

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Jackie D;41253)
I think it is a natural response for every walk of life Two. I have no issue with people not agreeing with my belief system, I do have issue with watching people treat people unfairly though. Far as I'm concerned if people want to be atheist or budhist or muslem, that is their choice. I cannot change their minds and have no power to turn someone toward the one true God. again, to all parties concerned I am sorry for my anger. It has nothing to do with beliefs though, it has to do with people treating one another with respect and fairness.blessings
I have no problem with it either. Like Rabbits Foot faith it did'nt help the rabbit it won't help them:)
smile.gif
smile.gif

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Two;41249)
I don't wish to fight though. It was never my goal to come to fight, only to learn. I put up examples of what I believe and ask questions in hopes that other people would respond to them and ask questions back. Of course, if I don't agree with someone, I'll tell them I don't and reasons why. I do that so that they can see how I think, and if they can use another example to back their claim up.Basically, it's just how people debate.What bothers me, however, is that some people have actually told me what I should be doing as an atheist, some tell me what I do and don't believe (which is why I originally replied to this thread), and some people are borderline attacking me instead of using arguments to further the discussion. I don't like to keep those people around me for long, though. As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm working on a small anger management problem. I've discovered that the best way to deal with that anger is to not lash out, but rather leave the situation before I say something rude, threatening, or otherwise regretful.No, I don't me taking part of a war, here. War is useful in few circumstances, this isn't one of them. No body's rights have been violated, so there is nothing to defend.

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(Remagoen;41256)
I don't wish to fight though. It was never my goal to come to fight, only to learn. I put up examples of what I believe and ask questions in hopes that other people would respond to them and ask questions back. Of course, if I don't agree with someone, I'll tell them I don't and reasons why. I do that so that they can see how I think, and if they can use another example to back their claim up.Basically, it's just how people debate.What bothers me, however, is that some people have actually told me what I should be doing as an atheist, some tell me what I do and don't believe (which is why I originally replied to this thread), and some people are borderline attacking me instead of using arguments to further the discussion. I don't like to keep those people around me for long, though. As I mentioned in my other thread, I'm working on a small anger management problem. I've discovered that the best way to deal with that anger is to not lash out, but rather leave the situation before I say some rude, threatening, or otherwise something regretful.No, I don't me taking part of a war, here. War is useful in few circumstances, this isn't one of them. No body's rights have been violated, so there is nothing to defend.
I like your stance it makes sense to me...

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
well all I can do is say THANK GOD WE AREN'T EXPECTED TO BE PERFECT...Remageon, I sincerly apologize from the bottom of my heart for being defensive with you. My feelings got hurt and instead of them being recognized it felt as if I was being slapped even harder, so instead of just taking the knock I lashed out. It is a human reaction..one I'm not proud of but it is there. So I say we call a truce between us. I'll forget the things that have offended me and perhaps you would do the same for me.Peace???blessings

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
To Jackie D,Initially, I was resistant to replying to this, but by persuasion...(Jackie D;41259)
THANK GOD WE AREN'T EXPECTED TO BE PERFECT...
Agreed.(Jackie D;41259)
Remageon, I sincerly apologize from the bottom of my heart for being defensive with you.
I accept your apology.(Jackie D;41259)
My feelings got hurt and instead of them being recognized it felt as if I was being slapped even harder, so instead of just taking the knock I lashed out. It is a human reaction..one I'm not proud of but it is there.
If your feelings are hurt, don't "defend others", defend your own. It is not your place to defend others when others are not even claiming to be hurt. More, instead of calling me rude, tell me how I am rude so that I can fix it. Productive criticisms will be met kindly, negative ones will be ignored and slapped down.(Jackie D;41259)
So I say we call a truce between us.
I never declared war, so that's up to you.(Jackie D;41259)
I'll forget the things that have offended me and perhaps you would do the same for me.
Never forget. Forgetting dooms us to make the same mistakes over and over again. Remember and learn.(Jackie D;41259)
Peace???
Again, that's up to you. Treat me respectfully and I'll treat you respectfully. You mention above about the Golden Rule.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Remagoen;41266)
To Jackie D,Initially, I was resistant to replying to this, but by persuasion...Agreed.I accept your apology.If your feelings are hurt, don't "defend others", defend your own. It is not your place to defend others when others are not even claiming to be hurt. More, instead of calling me rude, tell me how I am rude so that I can fix it. Productive criticisms will be met kindly, negative ones will be ignored and slapped down.I never declared war, so that's up to you.Never forget. Forgetting dooms us to make the same mistakes over and over again. Remember and learn.Again, that's up to you. Treat me respectfully and I'll treat you respectfully. You mention above about the Golden Rule.
I'll take that as an acceptance of a truce then. I'm going to hold my tongue..as we clearly see the other as being the instigator to the entire issue between us, though it pains me greatly to keep myself from being further annoyed by how you've responded to my apology.....

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
once again my feelings are getting in the way of trying to be objective and not read the person rather than the words being spoken. man how I wish when I became a Christian that life struggles would have been swept away. But then that is the wonderful and glorious challenge, it is the race that is run as Paul the Apostle said. If for no other reason Remagoen the challenge for you would be exciting as you seem to be a man who appreciates a challenge....
smile.gif

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Jackie D;41267)
I'll take that as an acceptance of a truce then. I'm going to hold my tongue..as we clearly see the other as being the instigator to the entire issue between us, though it pains me greatly to keep myself from being further annoyed by how you've responded to my apology.....
I KNEW this was some sort of ploy. First, you offer a truce, then you "accept the truce", and then you "keep your mouth shut" seeing how I'm the "instigator".Does anyone else see this as well? I'm not going to put up with these name calling games, I'm not going to engage in petty, meaningless conflicts when I can actually learn about God from people who actually offer help. You have tested me over and over and you have made me come damn close to saying something that wouldn't just potentially, but CERTAINLY get me banned from this place. Like I said to Two earlier, I'd rather walk away.Jackie, I have WALKED. I gave you several chances and you blew it. Good bye.To anyone else reading this, I apologize for involving anyone in this conflict. It was never my goal to get into an argument. I'm sorry.EDIT: Can we please get back to the original topic of "God doesn't believe in atheists"???

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(Remagoen;41270)
I KNEW this was some sort of ploy. First, you offer a truce, then you "accept the truce", and then you "keep your mouth shut" seeing how I'm the "instigator".Does anyone else see this as well? I'm not going to put up with these name calling games, I'm not going to engage in petty, meaningless conflicts when I can actually learn about God from people who actually offer help. You have tested me over and over and you have made me come damn close to saying something that wouldn't just potentially, but CERTAINLY get me banned from this place. Like I said to Two earlier, I'd rather walk away.Jackie, I have WALKED. I gave you several chances and you blew it. Good bye.To anyone else reading this, I apologize for involving anyone in this conflict. It was never my goal to get into an argument. I'm sorry.
if you would have taken the time to read both of my posts here you would not have blown a cork. the problem here is that we are human beings with souls that have life issues all up in our faces...before you go...read what I said afterward. man!! there was NO ploy!

Remagoen

Feb 20, 2008
(Jackie D;41272)
if you would have taken the time to read both of my posts here you would not have blown a cork. the problem here is that we are human beings with souls that have life issues all up in our faces...before you go...read what I said afterward. man!! there was NO ploy!
I said "good bye", Jackie. I'm not going to play these games of, "I'm going to insult you and then say I didn't mean it" right afterward. I'm not going to play the antagonist. I'm walking away, and I'm trying to do it politely.

Status
Not open for further replies.