God hates us!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I am not denying God's good nature. But his good nature or righteousness is revealed to us as wrath. Father is synonymous with wrath.

Not to me. God reveals Himself to me in His goodness and in His great love and in His abundant provision. He has already poured out His wrath on sin so I don't ever have to undergo it. We are free people in Christ, praise God! He is NOT synonymous with wrath, but GRACE!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ask, Seek, Knock

[sup]7[/sup] “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.[sup]8[/sup] For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
[sup]9[/sup] “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? [sup]10[/sup] Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? [sup]11[/sup] If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! [sup]12[/sup] So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is the other side of Jesus (The Son) than love as we see the wrath of the Lamb in Revelation. Both baby both, not either/or. To say the Father is basically one way and the Son another is an old heresy of Marcion.